What's new

Mortal Kombat Revival

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Try to get in my head this is not UM3K you say?

Who said this was even close to UMK3? your project is, for lack of better words..... unique.

Just passing by to inform we're getting some serious progress in Scorpion's outfist; we are not showing all the progress but here is an example so you guys can see the leven of quality, the design and stuff... it's open for criticism:

MKK hanzo

lol I really don't understand why are you using mk9 stages stuff? serioulsy...
This will ALWAYS happen, its was like that when DA, D and A came out and they NEVER had anything, im referring to the MKP guys, it was like that, a bunch of guys that hated on MK3/UMK3 and wanted to do a super ultra mk II with "umk3" gameplay features but when the 3D games were around they tried to incorporate some of the 3D stuff like stances, wapons, stage traps, aerial bullshit, etc, Obviously they never succeded and never will UNLES THEY HAVE A SOLID AND DONE ENGINE ON WHERE TO WORK.

If they dont listen to the advice of tourney players and such IDK why they are coming for it, if its just to show sprites then ITS OK I dont have anything against that, but Im tired PERSONALLY of watching a half assed engine in wicjh the game looks like a flash movie of Scorpion vs Ryu and seems unplayable and these guys keep adding and adding stuff to an endless "game" that will NEVER see the light of day.

You know ppl what interested me a BIT?

This guys work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yMmGVkbn8c

He was redoing/remaking MKI from scratch and was doing it as SIMPLE AND BASIC as he could... And IMO was in the RIGHT path...

When I asked him to test it he told me: "nah I moved into Ultimate MK II programming" or something like that.

Wasted work and time.

When I asked him to test it he told me: "nah I moved into Ultimate MK II programming" or something like that.

Wasted work and time.
hey hanzo
you ask me this few months ago and videos are 2 years old or more..
about "umk2".. make a remake of mk2 with same graphics, sounds etc makes no sense.. if at least i could make HD sprites then a HD Remake may be cool..
and if you ask hardcore players wich gameplay (in the entire saga) they prefer, the answer will probably be: umk3
so that's where umk2 came from.. one of the favourite mk titles (mk2) can be improved with the better gameplay (umk3)

unlike other projects i work on gameplay first.
few weeks ago i sent a demo to shock of what i'm working on, the umk3 engine (with umk3 graphics). i'm finishing some stuff and maybe next week i can have the second demo ready. i can send you if you like.

so, i like to heard from you (tourney guys) where umk3 can be improved and please.. don't say umk3 is perfect. maybe with a few changes (a kombo or special move) we can make some characters more kompetitive
i don't want to make an unbalanced game with 10 special moves per char

my idea is try to emulate umk3 gameplay first.
then update it with some moves/kombos and maybe some character

now i'll create a new topic to talk about umk3 technical stuff, and other for talking about how to tweak some characters and also discuss about my idea of the "final product" i want to

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The demo is extremely good, Interloko and I are working together on a private forum, piecing together what we know about the gameplay and engine data. There will be something you guys will enjoy.

Hey Shock, last night I'd read your "UMK3 Match Based Tier Chart" thread, very interesting.

When I'm talking about improve UMK3 I mean tryin' to find a way for balance more the battles, I saw 9-1 or 8-2..
The point of this is not to do a "1 Hit kill" move for Sheeva. You know the strong and weak points of every character VS every character, maybe there's a way to balance it more with a specific change in a kombo or a new special move.

Anyway, this can be discussed later in another thread (i can't create them yet XD)

MKK hanzo

UMK3 is perfect, so as MK1 and MK2!!!
This QFT.

@Interloko: You know that I apreciate your work more than anything related to the crazyness that was MKP and all mugen based stuff. I was impressed with the MKI stuff but I never knew those vids were that old. Still I think that have been the best you could have done instead of trying to "top" UMK3 or any other stabilished MK game.

Now I'm working with Shock tryin' to emulate UMK3 as close as possible.
As I said before i like to change/add some things, making an exact (or close) remake makes no sense, for that you can play the arcade game in mame.
I can add a few new characters designed by pro players, it's a nice way to expand the game

I'll be happy if some day i see a video of this game in your YT channel, I'm always watching your casual or tournament MK vids :p

Just a question to all:
I see Shang Tsung in the bottom of Shock's table. Well, at this moment I haven't finished the morphs code, the only thing i need to implement is the unmorph, by now I use a command for this or Shang stay morphed forever.
In the case you can unmorph at any time (and not be unmorphed by time) will give Shang an advantage, because in arcade after some time you know he will unmorph and is vulnerable in the meantime.
The question is: will this too much advantage? do you like, or not the idea?

I do like it, and the best way to know if it's going to be much advantage is trying it.

Scorpion's MK9 Air Throw WIP:

I'm still fixing this move, but you can see the animation already... The final version is going to be much better.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
there's no need to get into balancing before the game is ready. We all have ideas about tweaking characters and adding characters so we can wait until there's something solid. As for Shang Morphs, it should be either full ability or none at all. I would encourage trying to figure out how to give him full morphability if possible.

I know it Shock but since I can't crate a new topic yet i've posted just an idea right here.
I'll like to know what can be improved but i'll not be implementing nothing new/improved until we got the engine "finished"

what do you mean with full morph ability or nothing? i can do it like arcade, at this moment is incomplete

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Make Shang's morphs like the arcade and that's fine. As for improving and balance, I really think it needs to wait. In the most vague sense, there are move limitations, infinites, damage fixes, etc, that should be adjusted.

OK.
I almost finished the new colision boxes (the regular, not yet when enemy sweeps)
Shang's morphs like arcade take me a few seconds to implement, so expect this for next demo.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK.
I almost finished the new colision boxes (the regular, not yet when enemy sweeps)
Shang's morphs like arcade take me a few seconds to implement, so expect this for next demo.
Enemy sweep collision also applies to Mileena's roll in UMK3 (maybe other moves), and combos after the second hit. I'll get into this more deeply as time goes.

MKK hanzo

Interloko: AWESOME job on what you have in the demo, I am an esceptic of Mugen but what you sent me REALLY blew me away man. KEEP IT UP AND SIMPLE and build from there!

thanks for the comment, there are some "ugly" bugs in the demo i sent you (not present in demo 1 and now fixed :p)
one is with jabs mid-screen and other is the fall and getting up from roundhouse or sweep
now i'll start another topic for this game

Hello everyone; for those of you who like my work I have an important announcement:

MK Revival Project now has its own forum and we (the MK Revival Team) will be posting our progress in there exclusively:

http://thedragonsanctuary.proboards.com/

I hope to see you guys in there, and I hope you could help us to bring our forum to life (since it's pretty new).