What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 to Injustice: Gods Among Us, a Kombat Tabloid Retrospective

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
it's true but... my standard for 'quality comics' is significantly higher now than I was a kid: I still like to follow the news, the comicdom, but I read only the comics written by few 'selected' authors. Often weeks later the release dates.
I'd buy more at a lower price, but the real issue is the poor quality of the stories.

The worst thing about DC after the reboot is the 'editorial chaos': too many authors reported interferences by some kind of Warner appointed managers; the continuity is in the most complete disarray and I find very difficult to care about series that could be ended after half a dozen issues.
It's a couple of years now, DC did the best to become like Marvel: the sales got up really quick and stayed there for almost an year, now the Marvel relaunch is doing pretty good in sales and all around quality, and DC is going down again... I want to say that a relaunch would be enough to boost the sales, like Marvel did, without another Crisis to broke years-long storylines like Brightest Day, Hawkman or Batman inc.
They both fluctuate really what it comes down to both DC and Marvel, although while the New 52 is getting better the GL series is really good and Batman Death of the family did well. New 52 did good in sales but slowed, as will Marvel's. It's just how it works, both have had their share of good and poor quality of stories of the years. That's what made that Death of Superman so epic, it had tons of emotions going for a comic that I haven't really seen in DC or Marvel since then.

Reedoms

Noob
It's a couple of years now, DC did the best to become like Marvel: the sales got up really quick and stayed there for almost an year, now the Marvel relaunch is doing pretty good in sales and all around quality, and DC is going down again... I want to say that a relaunch would be enough to boost the sales, like Marvel did, without another Crisis to broke years-long storylines like Brightest Day, Hawkman or Batman inc.
A good deal of the new Marvel books are starting to level out. I know X-Men: Legacy went from 80k to 20k in just 5 issues.

I'm sure they are just going to do a Zero-Hour type thing at some point soon to iron out the continuity problems. Hopefully GL will get back on track. No one knows what the fuck is going on there.

MKF30

A good deal of the new Marvel books are starting to level out. I know X-Men: Legacy went from 80k to 20k in just 5 issues.

I'm sure they are just going to do a Zero-Hour type thing at some point soon to iron out the continuity problems. Hopefully GL will get back on track. No one knows what the fuck is going on there.
Although, isn't GL stories or some at least like with Kyle still canon to the new 52 from pre 52? Or so I've read, I lost track but was reading GL up to that point.

Reedoms

Noob
Although, isn't GL stories or some at least like with Kyle still canon to the new 52 from pre 52? Or so I've read, I lost track but was reading GL up to that point.
Kyles got the most fucked up continuity of anyone in this reboot. 3 out of his 4 girlfriends don't exist anymore, all his friends in the Justice League don't even know him or don't exist anymore (Wally and Connor), his father figure (Alan Scott) is now on Earth-2 so he doesn't exist anymore, his time as the torchbearer has been retconned according to a pretty recent issue of New Guardians so Kyle never became Ion and reignited the corps or revived the Guardians so all that character development was thrown out the window.

The only thing I do know for sure still happened was the incident with the fridge and Blackest Night/War of the Green Lanterns. Everything else has most likely never happened. Being a Kyle fan is suffering.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The MK Community IS the Injustice Community.

With Injustice Comming Out, Comic fans will increase the Injustice Fan Base, and Also the MK Fanbase, as our bodies awaits for Mk10, when it comes out, the Mk Community will possible grown by more than half.

Hell yez, my body is ready.

MKF30

Kyles got the most fucked up continuity of anyone in this reboot. 3 out of his 4 girlfriends don't exist anymore, all his friends in the Justice League don't even know him or don't exist anymore (Wally and Connor), his father figure (Alan Scott) is now on Earth-2 so he doesn't exist anymore, his time as the torchbearer has been retconned according to a pretty recent issue of New Guardians so Kyle never became Ion and reignited the corps or revived the Guardians so all that character development was thrown out the window.

The only thing I do know for sure still happened was the incident with the fridge and Blackest Night/War of the Green Lanterns. Everything else has most likely never happened. Being a Kyle fan is suffering.
hmmm that does suck since i like kyle too. him and hal are my favorite gls at least ww can always say pre52 feats lol

hellbly

Noob
They both fluctuate really what it comes down to both DC and Marvel, although while the New 52 is getting better the GL series is really good and Batman Death of the family did well. New 52 did good in sales but slowed, as will Marvel's. It's just how it works, both have had their share of good and poor quality of stories of the years. That's what made that Death of Superman so epic, it had tons of emotions going for a comic that I haven't really seen in DC or Marvel since then.
I don't want to presume too much about you, but I think it could be a matter of age: I'm over 30 now and I find always fewer stories can move me like when I was a kid.

Do you remember when Geoff Johns said, before the reboot: 'gl continuity will not be touched'?
The same for Batman.

The MK Community IS the Injustice Community.

With Injustice Comming Out, Comic fans will increase the Injustice Fan Base, and Also the MK Fanbase, as our bodies awaits for Mk10, when it comes out, the Mk Community will possible grown by more than half.

Hell yez, my body is ready.
If Injustice will be good, I'm sure I'll buy the next Mortal Kombat too: I'm a little bored by Capcom games, and Capcom itself.

Reedoms

Noob
Do you remember when Geoff Johns said, before the reboot: 'gl continuity will not be touched'?
Doing and saying are 2 different things. We've had 2 origin stories on Kyle within 9 or so months of eachother that were completely different from each other. One was the classic Emerald Twilight mess and the other was that none of that ever happened and he was just inducted to the corps for no reason. Quite a lot of things in GL are out there continuity wise so I just say fuck it and imagine it as what it was before Rebirth in my head.

hellbly

Noob
Doing and saying are 2 different things. We've had 2 origin stories on Kyle within 9 or so months of eachother that were completely different from each other. One was the classic Emerald Twilight mess and the other was that none of that ever happened and he was just inducted to the corps for no reason. Quite a lot of things in GL are out there continuity wise so I just say fuck it and imagine it as what it was before Rebirth in my head.
I meant that! I was sarcastic ;)
They did the same to Batman

hellbly

Noob
Oh right. Tad hard to read sarcasm unless it's really obvious.
sorry, I should have used an emoticon!
In Batman there's a chaos with the Robins, it's impossibile to understand the timeline of Joker, they keep Batman RIP but not Final Crisis... for a long time fan is humiliating.

MKF30

I don't want to presume too much about you, but I think it could be a matter of age: I'm over 30 now and I find always fewer stories can move me like when I was a kid.
I'm roughly the same age lol so I don't think age has much to do with it, just preference honestly. That comic had everything, death, action packed, tons of fights, darker story, emotional, then post DOS the fans got happy again once Superman came back from the dead or technically " a coma" more or less. Honestly, if anything not for nothing my preferences surpass what the typical kid would like lol. It's one key reason why I love DC and MK, because they're way darker then SF and Marvel are...

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I am from Europe and from my perception people in Europe don't give a fuck about superheroes overall. People in Europe seem to be faaaaaar more about animes and mangas, than superhero shows and comic books.

But since we had the Nolan Batman movies, which most of the people like (while I honestly think that they were horrible) and the new Superman movie on its way, I think that the game will even sell copies in Europe.

PS: Europe = best country.
Europe is not a country.
#smart

hellbly

Noob
I'm roughly the same age lol so I don't think age has much to do with it, just preference honestly. That comic had everything, death, action packed, tons of fights, darker story, emotional, then post DOS the fans got happy again once Superman came back from the dead or technically " a coma" more or less. Honestly, if anything not for nothing my preferences surpass what the typical kid would like lol. It's one key reason why I love DC and MK, because they're way darker then SF and Marvel are...
sorry, sometimes... 'often' is better... I use less words than I should to properly explain my thoughts: from your way of speaking I'd assumed you're 'roughly the same age', my meaning was that we both find more emotional the stories we read as kids, compared to the latest.
I was, still I am, a proud DC Geek: I love that darker comics universe with 'gods among us', but lately I find more enjoyment reading stories by authors I appreciate, regardless from the publishers.

MKF30

sorry, sometimes... 'often' is better... I use less words than I should to properly explain my thoughts: from your way of speaking I'd assumed you're 'roughly the same age', my meaning was that we both find more emotional the stories we read as kids, compared to the latest.
I was, still I am, a proud DC Geek: I love that darker comics universe with 'gods among us', but lately I find more enjoyment reading stories by authors I appreciate, regardless from the publishers.
Well, I'm about to be 30 so lol literally...so I assure you I grew up to see a lot of changes as well in time. But people are different, I liked the Death of Superman(then again who didn't at that time?) The comic sold ridiculous lol regardless of Superman fans or not, even none-comic readers bought just to see what was going on I remember.

But yeah dude, that's why I had said it's all about preference be it the art style, storyline, writer whoever, whatever. I know some people who refuse to buy Tyler's work due to his "style" and people who hate Geoff's work for what he did with GL, Flash etc. I personally like both their styles, and not even with just DC/JL stories but in general. I also love DC due to the Vertigo series, V, Constantine, Watchmen etc are 100x darker then anything we've seen from Marvel. I mean hell, even the DOS arch was really dark, brutal compared to anything I can think of offhand from Marvel. WWH was alright with him ripping apart Logan, but outside of Wolverine stories can't think of much bloody, dark stories from Marvel honestly off hand.