What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 General Discussion & Survey Inside

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Just a friendly reminder that stupid MKU BS drama does not come here.

Carry on.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just a friendly reminder that stupid MKU BS drama does not come here.

Carry on.
Yes, I agree....lol btw curious dude is there an ignore option on here or something? I also don't want to be bothered by MKU's bs or haters from that site. Thanks :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
taken from www.TRMK.org (OF COURSE!!!)

Also, the select screen feature 16 slots in a 4 x 4 arrangement, with 8 characters displayed. This is the E3 roster from left to right. Scorpion, Millena, Reptile, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Nightwolf, and Sektor. Here is the detail on the "super meter".

Level one makes whatever attack you’re pulling off stronger. Fireballs become larger, and attacks like Sektor’s teleport punch add another hit to the combo.

Level two is a combo-breaker – pretty basic, same stuff we’ve seen before.

Level three is the most exciting. Currently dubbed the x-ray attack, it’s a brutal attack that goes into an x-ray mode to show you what you’re doing. Like showing fingers penetrating the skull through the eyes, or breaking someones rubs. In Johnny Cage’s case, it’s the meat sack of the pelvis rupturing after his famous ball-buster.
I was hoping for a fucking brutality.... GR.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Level one makes whatever attack you’re pulling off stronger. Fireballs become larger, and attacks like Sektor’s teleport punch add another hit to the combo.

Level two is a combo-breaker – pretty basic, same stuff we’ve seen before.

Level three is the most exciting. Currently dubbed the x-ray attack, it’s a brutal attack that goes into an x-ray mode to show you what you’re doing. Like showing fingers penetrating the skull through the eyes, or breaking someones rubs. In Johnny Cage’s case, it’s the meat sack of the pelvis rupturing after his famous ball-buster.
Fucking lame.

i hope this can be disabled

Dr Doggystyle

The #1 MK Kollector from the Netherlands
taken from www.TRMK.org (OF COURSE!!!)
Also, the select screen feature 16 slots in a 4 x 4 arrangement, with 8 characters displayed. This is the E3 roster from left to right. Scorpion, Millena, Reptile, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Nightwolf, and Sektor.
Also from TRMK Correction: MK E3 2010 Character Select screen features 26 slots. 4 x 7 grid. 1 for Random Select and 1 for DLC Select

Dark_Rob

Noob
One thing we need to find out is if the player 1/player 2 button configuration having to be the same offline thing will be fixed. Alot of people will play this on a controller. I for one intend on using a stick, so I want to be able to configure my buttons independently of the other player. This is just basic if we want this game at tournaments.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Quite humorously, the button config issue was not on 360...since MULTIPLE users could be used at the same time and each user had a different config. Meaning, MKDC was developed for 360 and ported to PS3 actually. >_>

SZSR

Noob
You guys are the best of the best when it comes to MK. Please, find out some way to get this game early and find out as many as the glitches as you can so we can get the MK community to create an uproar so that the issues can be fixed posthaste. I don't want this to suffer MKDC syndrome.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Quite humorously, the button config issue was not on 360...since MULTIPLE users could be used at the same time and each user had a different config. Meaning, MKDC was developed for 360 and ported to PS3 actually. >_>
Really? Maybe the 360 version will be the way to go for me. Il probably get them both, and if the button config issue is not on 360 then thats what il bring to tournies.........................if the game is worthy ;)

EDIT: Another thing Im wondering. Let assume Shang Tsung will be playable in this game.(Very Likely IMO) Will he be able to morph into other characters again? UMK3 was the last time he had that ability, and now that were back to 2d IM wondering if he will get that back.

MKF30

Actually happy to hear that it's back to more simplistic button configuation with the new game :)

Its been this way since MKD. Xbox and GC are the same builds.

There are combos that are xbox/gc exclusive in MKD as well as ps2 exclusive combos.

dont forget that alternate costumes have different properties too! certain combos only worked in alt/default costumes in MKA. (Sub and Scorp mainly)

THTB

I forgot about that...lol you know a game's funky when even the alternate costumes change properties.

Noob
this better NOT be the case in this game... if alt costumes change combo/move and character properties, then this will be the single worst game ever created.... period

THTB

Check knows it 1000x better than I do...but I think the property changes were very minor, to the point where they were just there and barely affected things in competitive play.

JagoMIH

Noob
Createxefut said:
Before making a thread, any thread, make sure there isnt an already existing and active thread which would be better to use and post instead. In this case, Mortal Kombat Reboot was a thread title on the first couple of pages and easy enough to find, and beyond that is the search tool function.

It just makes the board an easier and cleaner place if we dont have multiple threads on the same exact thing when we really dont need to.

MKF30

This was a completely useless post MKF. Did you miss where Storms said "back on topic" in his last post? No more talk about spambots please. Lets keep the thread on track. The next off topic post in here about spambots and I come in here with my mod broom and clean up.

Thank you,

Dark_Rob