What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Reveal Trailer

Comments

I’m not even a Mileena stan but I’m happy she’s in, it felt odd the other three were in and she wasn’t. I really like her design in this game based on the trailer & images we have. She actually looks like an evil clone of Kitana, which previous versions have been straying away from (IMO). Stephaine is already promising she’ll be serving looks and I like the addition of her having gloves with claws as a gear piece.

Imagine being a guy who reads an extremely well written post about why guest characters deserve to be in the game right above them and then typing shit like... WAAAAH GUEST CHARACTERS BAD. RAMBO BAD.

I can't wait to main the fuck out of Rambo and Fatality all these dorks.
Want a sticker now? So you respond to people disliking guests by being toxic? That’s their own opinion. People like you are truly the type of people nobody in the community should fuck with, because if they have an opinion you disliked you’ll just be toxic. Blegh.

Want a sticker now? So you respond to people disliking guests by being toxic? That’s their own opinion. People like you are truly the type of people nobody in the community should fuck with, because if they have an opinion you disliked you’ll just be toxic. Blegh.
Tired of seeing people complain about guest characters when they're a proven net positive to the game. Opinions can be wrong, and if you express an opinion it's perfectly reasonable to have that opinion commented on. That's how opinions work. Go and make sure you're doing your due diligence and giving the same response to people in this thread calling people "everything wrong with MK" and "stupid" because they like guest characters, O' Paragon of Morality and Anti-Toxicity.

Idc if you think I'm toxic, you don't even know me.

I think @Kiss the Missile's point is that guest characters are literally the foundational root of MK culture. MK was created by a couple guys who unrepentantly nerded on action movies and wanted to play a fighting game that brought together their favorite characters. Liu Kang basically is Bruce Lee. Johnny Cage basically is Jean-Claude Van Damme (JC's nut punch comes right from the movie Bloodsport). Sonya basically is Cynthia Rothrock. Raiden basically is the lightning-wielding Storm from Big Trouble in Little China. Guest characters have been a part of MK before there ever was such a thing as "actual MK characters."

I totally get where you (and others) are coming from: You want to see your favorite storyline characters make a comeback, and it's frustrating when it seems like they get bumped out of line. But at the end of the day, that's just your personal preference. There's no philosophical or moral argument to be made that guest characters "don't belong" in MK, because they're literally where MK comes from. The devs are probably going to keep including them because they're part of the game's heritage, and yeah, they're very popular with a large number of fans.

I mean, you can definitely advocate for the characters you do want (there's some evidence now that maybe it works). You can also just rage about it if you'd rather do that. But attacking other fans who like guest characters and treating them like it's their fault doesn't make you look constructive, friend.
Don't forget

Kano

and

Scorpion

I was actually hoping Spawn would be all in with his guns. But have you seen his EX gun attacks where he walks forward with his machine guns? The bullets barely go sweep distance. He looks like he's holding two sparklers in front of him

I was actually hoping Spawn would be all in with his guns. But have you seen his EX gun attacks where he walks forward with his machine guns? The bullets barely go sweep distance. He looks like he's holding two sparklers in front of him
Yeah, same here. Big bunch of overdone 90s violence guns is one of his trademarks. He walks forward with them like an absolute badass and the opponent just staring at him not holding block lol

His guns are used for combo ender, anti air, low parry and mixups though. They’re not supposed to be used for distance. The EX is used for more damage and chip damage.

I think @Kiss the Missile's point is that guest characters are literally the foundational root of MK culture. MK was created by a couple guys who unrepentantly nerded on action movies and wanted to play a fighting game that brought together their favorite characters. Liu Kang basically is Bruce Lee. Johnny Cage basically is Jean-Claude Van Damme (JC's nut punch comes right from the movie Bloodsport). Sonya basically is Cynthia Rothrock. Raiden basically is the lightning-wielding Storm from Big Trouble in Little China. Guest characters have been a part of MK before there ever was such a thing as "actual MK characters."

I totally get where you (and others) are coming from: You want to see your favorite storyline characters make a comeback, and it's frustrating when it seems like they get bumped out of line. But at the end of the day, that's just your personal preference. There's no philosophical or moral argument to be made that guest characters "don't belong" in MK, because they're literally where MK comes from. The devs are probably going to keep including them because they're part of the game's heritage, and yeah, they're very popular with a large number of fans.

I mean, you can definitely advocate for the characters you do want (there's some evidence now that maybe it works). You can also just rage about it if you'd rather do that. But attacking other fans who like guest characters and treating them like it's their fault doesn't make you look constructive, friend.
While I understand how MK came to be and who these characters are based on, saying that guest characters have always been part of MK's legacy simply isn't true. Sure, they got their inspiration from the likes of Bruce Lee and Van Damme (just like fighters in Tekken and so many other fighting games) but how does that translate to them actually having been in the game? They haven't. MK characters were (and they developed even further into) their own characters despite of who they were inspired by.

Guests became a thing after MK9. You could argue that it became a thing when MKvsDC happened but it wasn't a thing prior to these games (at least for MK). And while I don't have a problem with one or two guests being added like in MK9, I do find it bothersome that we get 5 of them - a few totally illogical and bland ones at that - like Robocop, Terminator, and Joker. Characters who literally have ZERO to do with fighting games and are simply put in as promotional material for a new Batman movie or whatnot. We had people seriously asking and creating petitions for Shaggy from Scooby-Fuckin-Doo! Some were hoping for Pennywise (what?).

I hate how this trend is developing. I wouldn't be surprised if two games down the road half the roster consists of guest characters.

Last edited:
Tired of seeing people complain about guest characters when they're a proven net positive to the game. Opinions can be wrong, and if you express an opinion it's perfectly reasonable to have that opinion commented on. That's how opinions work. Go and make sure you're doing your due diligence and giving the same response to people in this thread calling people "everything wrong with MK" and "stupid" because they like guest characters, O' Paragon of Morality and Anti-Toxicity.

Idc if you think I'm toxic, you don't even know me.
You can be tired all you want, I will keep expressing my opinion regarding guests. Simply cause you think its a wrong opinion I shouldn't have doesn't mean shit to me. I get tired of people asking for characters that have zero relevance to Mortal Kombat.

I mean. If Rain and Mileena were in the base game of MK11, you'd still be paying for them right? Nothing's really free, if you want to get into a depressing discussion about a capitalist-driven society.... which I don't. IMO, this is as close as you get to "rewarding" the fan base with the characters they want. But, everything has to make money, or there'll be no MK for fans to ask for characters to be in anymore.

Ι would pay
I mean. If Rain and Mileena were in the base game of MK11, you'd still be paying for them right? Nothing's really free, if you want to get into a depressing discussion about a capitalist-driven society.... which I don't. IMO, this is as close as you get to "rewarding" the fan base with the characters they want. But, everything has to make money, or there'll be no MK for fans to ask for characters to be in anymore.
Well no. I would pay for them, meaning i would buy the game. Now i have to pay EXTRA for them, while already paid for the game. I'm a buzzkiller now, it's just that for me, having such trademark mk characters as dlc is borderline unethical and desrespective to the fans.
I'm all in for guests, all in for all the gloriously remade obscure and 3d era characters too. I would buy even characters I hate. But this is not anywhere near a "reward".

It sucks when cool stuff gets announced for a game you like but it‘s not really your thing, so I definitely feel for all the people arguing over dumb shit instead of being happy/hyped.

But man November could not come soon enough for me lol

Say it with me folks, fan service is good for us and good for them, we're both winners.
totally agreed ! IMO , this is how the videogame industry should always do : respect the fanbase of your game series franchise, listen what your fanbase has to say, learn with and undestand what your fanbase like and provide and give what your fanbase want ..... this is always a good political and easy going safe move, feeding your customers with what they want more, hehe

If in MK franchise, as any other franchise, there is a urge demand for certain characters, go ahead, do it and give what your fans want from you .... it's just like as in music concerts, when people beg for that certain music to be played, and you, just do it and so, everything blow off and blow away in joyness , hehe !

so yep, fan service all the time, all the way, I second that ! :D

Win-Win situation for both sides : we have what we want the most (Mileena, for example), and NRS has what they need more (our beloved money $$) , so , it's fair, hehe ! :p

No Conflict of interests scenario involved on that, ha !

Last edited: