What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Switch is live, and there are 13 DLC listings

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Of course they are being money-grabbing business, but I see little MK DIE-Hards that want guest characters in the game, it is mostly people on youtube and facebook who don't care for actual MK characters, and only want guests + scorpion.
They just call that a business, actually. It's clear that guest characters are extremely popular and the people that shit on them are in the minority.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
If there wouldn't be any guests, I would be more hyped. But I still have to wait and see how many of those precious 13 spots go to waste over Guest Characters, probably half of them.
Can you for once show some positivity or appreciation for all the content that we're provided with? I have yet to see a positive response for anything NRS are giving us. I can understand some of your gripes cause I share them, but this is 6 extra characters we're talking about! I can guarantee you thats at least 4 MK characters. I'm not a fan of guests but 4 more MK characters is pretty amazing! Not being funny but why are you here?

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Can you for once show some interest or appreciation for all the content that we're provided with? I have yet to see a positive response for anything NRS are giving us. I can understand some of your gripes cause I share them, but this is 12 extra characters we're talking about! I can guarantee you thats at least 8 MK characters. I'm not a fan of guests but 8 more MK characters is pretty fuckin amazing! Not being funny but why are you here?
Why so freaking hostile? You clearly haven't read most of my posts, only the negative ones, like some Hotaru/firefly you are lead to only the negative. I post a lot of negative yes, but I actually like 90% (if not more) of the roster. I just want to share the negative stuff more, as I want obviously disagree with those stuff, while the good things are already in the pocket.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
I know they are popular by the teenage-crowd (the guests) BUT, I think 2 are more than enough, see them have 5 slots wasted on guests...
I'm guessing two a season pass. I suppose in a way it helps the community grow as well. The media really cover surprise guest characters (look at Negan, Turtles etc) which keeps the game in public consciousness.

I'm a massive Mortal Kombat fan but the thought of tearing up characters as Pennywise for example beats most of the MK characters left off the roster (but not all but then I'm fairly certain the really popular characters will make the cut in the other slots).

I guess it comes down to the luck of the draw as to ones infinity with the announced guest. Generally speaking someone from a third party property that is popular enough to be in contention is going to have alot more lore/ideas built around them than a 3rd tier lesser known MK character so it also works in that sense as well (creatively).

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Of course they are being money-grabbing business, but I see little MK DIE-Hards that want guest characters in the game, it is mostly people on youtube and facebook who don't care for actual MK characters, and only want guests + scorpion.

But It's not black and white.

You can be a pro player and still enjoy guests.

You can be a casual that's completely new to MK or not entirely familiar with every detail and enjoy guests.

You can be someone who loves and adores MK lore more than any other series and STILL enjoy guests. (I'm in this category)

Or you can only enjoy the guests because maybe the MK Lore itself doesn't grab you, but you like this guest and the gameplay appeals to you.

It doesn't have to be one way or the other. Let people enjoy what they wanna enjoy and stop being bitter and hateful. I'm over people coming up and lying saying 'Everyone HATES guests' 'FANS DON'T WANT GUESTS' If that were the case we wouldn't have guests. Stop insulting people who like guests because YOU don't like them. That's not how you build a community.

I know they are popular by the teenage-crowd (the guests)
"Oh, you like guests? You're not a real MK fan. You must be a teenager."

Like shut, and I can not stress this enough, up.

How are we supposed to try and build a community when you insult and alienate the MAJORITY of that community? What kinda backwards shit is that? Coming from a teenager, you should try to, oh idk, grow up.

A Normal Human Response: I don't like guests and would appreciate if there were more MK characters as DLC instead.

Your Response: I hate guests. NRS are money grabbers and the people who like guests aren't REAL MK fans and are just teenagers!!

There are ways to go about voicing your opinion on something that doesn't make you come off like a jerk.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
So you must think that MK1 is not much of a MK game, then? Seeing as how 57% of that game's roster is just "humans with weapons." While in MK11 it's actually only 44%.
Actually Sonya and Kano are the only two I consider humans with weapons. Martial artists like Liu and Johnny get my pass because they are games about martial arts tournaments. But yeah, sure, try to invalidate my opinion or whatever.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think that, just like with "Kombat Pack", they swapped out the word 'pack' with 'pass' in "battlepass". So the real thing should be "battle pack" as in, ""pack" containing a skin and its accompanying gear set".
Yeah but they specifically mention periods of time on this website, which makes it pass, rather then a pack, you know?

"6 battlepasses (covering the same period of time) Battlepasses cover about 2 months of service and have goals and cosmetics"

And also, Fortnite is arguably the most popular game of the past decade. I think they fully understand the implications behind calling it a "battle pass" or even a "kombat pass". And it makes sense that they would want to get in on this revenue, the same motivation for them having easy fatalities and source crystals. The hot shit during Injustice 2's development was loot crates, the hot shit now is battle passes.

Biggest thing here for me though is that I see no reason for ShopTo.net to have BS information on their site. They probably just posted what they were given.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I actually had to search what Fornite was on google, just seconds ago.

I've heard the name a 1000-times, but I thought it was some boring war-game.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Actually Sonya and Kano are the only two I consider humans with weapons. Martial artists like Liu and Johnny get my pass because they are games about martial arts tournaments. But yeah, sure, try to invalidate my opinion or whatever.
Sorry if that's not what you meant, my dude, but I can't read your mind. You said humans with weapons (not counting ninjas). Liu Kang uses nunchucks in MK11, and Johnny uses all sorts of random shit including brass knuckles, and certainly uses guns in story mode.

I'd like to continue the conversation but I'm not sure now which characters fall into what category for you.

Like many on here I'm a day 1 MK fan and I'm absolutely fine with guest characters....as long as said characters are cool.

Let's be real, pretty much all the good MK characters are already on the roster, and the idea of having an iconic piece of movie history such as the terminator face off against an iconic gaming character like Johnny Cage is just pure unadulterated joy. Imagine the possible pre fight interactions. This is the stuff you dreamed about as a kid.

I'd take that any day over shitty generic no personality characters such as Li Mei or Hotaru or whatever.

jmt

Noob
Is the switch version gonna run as good as the PS4 version? If so I’m gonna buy a switch just for mk11.

Is the switch version gonna run as good as the PS4 version? If so I’m gonna buy a switch just for mk11.
I wouldnt imagine so as the tech is far inferior. Obviously the graphics will be worse, who knows about the framerate.

Reactions: jmt

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Sorry if that's not what you meant, my dude, but I can't read your mind. You said humans with weapons (not counting ninjas). Liu Kang uses nunchucks in MK11, and Johnny uses all sorts of random shit including brass knuckles, and certainly uses guns in story mode.

I'd like to continue the conversation but I'm not sure now which characters fall into what category for you.
I mean, theres not much conversation to be had. I was mostly shitposting. I dont like the Sonya, Cassie, Jax, Jacqui, bland characters that feel like they only stay around to ground the series to the “real world.” I prefer characters with a fantasy element to them, Kano’s cybernetics being abput the line I draw from too normal of a human with Jax on the side of boring and Kung Lao just on the side of cool. If that even makes sense.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
From what NRS and IGN said the graphics aren't worse but just as good as the other versions. The switch is a lot more powerful than people give it credit for. The 8 player tourney mode is pretty cool.

Most humans aren't even humans in MK, they're metahumans. I would say closest though would be Stryker, Jax, Jacqui and Sonya. Everyone else has some sort of special power or ability. I don't even want to count Mokap cause he's a goofy, break the 4th wall kind of character spoofing on themselves.

Last edited: