What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Switch is live, and there are 13 DLC listings

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Lol I think if Kitana takes Mileena's variation, there are gonna be Riots, and I'm gonna be part of that.

That would be a shitty, stupid move of NRS, and then you can truly say, they never learn from their mistakes.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Yeah, it may not be a Sai

But there is a chance that its a sai, considered that its horizontally on her lower back, and it looks small

So yea, were waiting till Kombat Kast for this one bucko`s

Dave8

Noob
Lol I think if Kitana takes Mileena's variation, there are gonna be Riots, and I'm gonna be part of that.

That would be a shitty, stupid move of NRS, and then you can truly say, they never learn from their mistakes.
Eh, I'd be okay with Mileena sitting this one out, since she's been in every main MK game since Deception. Although, if Kitana really does have sais, then Mileena has a high chance of being one of the Premier Skins.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
So... what is that BattlePass supposed to be? Or what do you think it is?
Considering it has the exact same name and how they describe it, it looks like they lifted Fortnite's seasonal unlocks.

The bottom (orange) row represents the unlock you get at that "tier" level. The top bar is stuff everyone gets for getting that level, the orange stuff is if you pay for it. Unclear how it will work in MK11 but presumably it's very similar to the orange row where you pay to have access to a reward grind. And maybe you

TBH though I'm a little concerned considering this seems different from what they originally advertised. Are we getting skins with the Premium(Gold?) edition or battle passes? Is that the same thing?

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
13 DLC listings gonna be most likely:
  • Shao Kahn
  • Kombat Pack 1
  • 7x Skin and Gear Set
  • Shang Tsung
  • Krypt Unlock
  • Easy Fatality
  • Easy Fatalities x5
There wont be listings for all DLC characters yet.
This post needs more attention. That's all it's going to be at this point guys.

Not sure I like the idea of Battlepasses... is it genuinly going to give us content we wernt getting for free before?

We shall see.... tread carefully WB/NRS :)

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
The Kombat Pack includes:
• 6 new downloadable content playable characters
• 1 week early access to downloadable content characters
• 7 Skins
• 7 sets of gear

If every skin comes with a set of gear as a piece of dlc, that adds up to 13. don't even have to include mr. shao kahn.
It's hilarious that this is so simple that everyone took it the wrong way.
6 characters + 7 skins = 13
Shao Kahn is a preorder bonus, he's not part of the kombat pack.

Cassie Cyrus

What a nasty hungry money wolves, ugh.

I hate such crap in games these days, it's all about the money, and I don't care that DLC cost money, but these battle-passes sound like a money-grabbing business...

Marinjuana

Wow that sounds awful
You know it can kind of be cool, you get to have something to work towards. That would have been cool in Injustice 2 if Multiverse was any real fun. I think if the single player mode options are fun it will be cool to do, also if they actually reward you for playing online unlike in Injustice 2.

That said, Fortnite is a free game, I wonder how they are justifying this? Maybe you don't actually have to pay unless you want to skip the grind? I hope they aren't clinking their coins too loudly on this one, especially after they were so adamant about not having microtransactions.

All said, most of this is just speculation on my part, but I think this is clearly meant to be advertised as similar to Fortnite's system.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
"BattlePass"
Where is this from? I really doubt any of this is real considering the strange wording in it. Kombat "Pass" instead of Kombat Pack, "Gold" Edition instead of Premium. Only other times those "battlepasses" were ever mentioned were in other weird european listings.
Not to mention, none of the digital listings from PSN/Xbox/Steam etc. mention the battlepasses. Only 6 characters + 7 skins/gear sets.

Marinjuana

Where is this from? I really doubt any of this is real considering the strange wording in it. Kombat "Pass" instead of Kombat Pack, "Gold" Edition instead of Premium. Only other times those "battlepasses" were ever mentioned were in other weird european listings.
Not to mention, none of the digital listings from PSN/Xbox/Steam etc. mention the battlepasses. Only 6 characters + 7 skins/gear sets.
I got it from Reddit, where they had this site linked.

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4MO76-mortal-kombat-11-premium-edition

IDK anything about the site but it seems unlikely that this was a random mixup.

Cassie Cyrus

Of course they are being money-grabbing business, but I see little MK DIE-Hards that want guest characters in the game, it is mostly people on youtube and facebook who don't care for actual MK characters, and only want guests + scorpion.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
Of course they are being money-grabbing business, but I see little MK DIE-Hards that want guest characters in the game, it is mostly people on youtube and facebook who don't care for actual MK characters, and only want guests + scorpion.
I was initially against them in MK9 but they are the most popular pieces of DLC and everyone's vote is equal when they purchase and support the game :).

Injustice 2 really warmed me up to them but possibly they fit the game better there for me.

It's these Battlepasses that have me worried. Unless it's substantial content then it's just gating content that was largely free before (Injusitce 2 had loads of events and unique limited gear) like Wonderwomens movie attire etc. Still it may bit be real and even if it is I'll wait till the details are revealed before judging. WB are traditionally bad but NRS are generally good so it's an interesting situation.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
As a tourney player I will play anyone, but Im with you completely on most of your posts. The theme of this game is pretty bland so far. The Mk9 nostalgia thread has made me see how MKX lowered my standards, that roster kinda sucked too.

I genuinely hope in the DLC we can get:
A sorceror(Shang I guess)
A Ninja(Human Smoke is my pick)
A God(Fujin or Shinnok I suppose)
A warrior(Reiko)
A monster(Nitara even tho I know shes hated)

These archtypes are what I think when I think MK, not human plus weapon.
So you must think that MK1 is not much of a MK game, then? Seeing as how 57% of that game's roster is just "humans with weapons." While in MK11 it's actually only 44%.

Cassie Cyrus

I know they are popular by the teenage-crowd (the guests) BUT, I think 2 are more than enough, see them have 5 slots wasted on guests...