What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 "Suspected" Roster So Far

Gamer68

Fujin!
There is a "Premium Edition" for Mortal Kombat 11 listed on Amazon for $99.

That's the same price as Injustice 2's Ultimate Edition. While the contents of this Premium Edition could be different than I2's Ultimate Edition, giving the fact that they always do DLC (and usually more than the last game), I'm going to say that we will probably be getting at least 9 DLC characters plus Shao Khan -- so 10 characters like I2. But again they usually do more, so maybe they will do 11 or 12.

Scorpion the day one scrub... dies of course
Another scorpion... The scrub avenger. a Pro Scorpion player from another universe.:D
Dark evil Raiden edge-lord (Dies because nobody can really Kill Scorpion even Killing him:DOGE).
Pre-order Shao Kahn (low tier like Darkseid and Goro)
Mysterious Time traveler woman... (evil I suppose)
:DOGE

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Im not gonna lie, Scopion and Raiden both look pretty damn sick this time. I usually think Raiden looks kinda dorky and stupid with his hat, but he looks really intimidating this time. Scorpion looks great, even better than his MKX prime costume which was already great.

Last edited:

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I'm sure I will be wrong but I would like to see the following:

Keep: Liu Kang, Scorpion, Takeda, Cassie, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Kotal Kahn, D'vorah, Sub-Zero, & Raiden. (In the main storyline)
Remove: Reptile, Sonya, Johnny, Kenshi, Jax, Ermac & Kano (maybe in storyline and keep them as NPC's)
Add: Jade, Ashrah, Frost, Havik, Reiko, & Drahmin.
DLC: Erron Black, Kung Lao, Shao Kahn, Kitana & Rain (so many people asked for him)

I hope there are a few new characters, no more than three. MKX introduced quite a bit (eight to be exact) into this storyline.
Some not so relevant characters like Jacqui, needs to be reimagined... perhaps aligned w/ Outworld and married to Kotal Kahn or something. Kung Jin could be a nomad and excommunicated from the Shaolin Monks.

I really hope we don't get all of these overpowered DLC movie characters. Having Jason, Leatherface, Predator, & Alien was way too many movie figures and quite the "reach" no matter how cool the design.

Ger187

Noob
I'm sure I will be wrong but I would like to see the following:

Keep: Liu Kang, Scorpion, Takeda, Cassie, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Kotal Kahn, D'vorah, Sub-Zero, & Raiden. (In the main storyline)
Remove: Reptile, Sonya, Johnny, Kenshi, Jax, Ermac & Kano (maybe in storyline and keep them as NPC's)
Add: Jade, Ashrah, Frost, Havik, Reiko, & Drahmin.
DLC: Erron Black, Kung Lao, Shao Kahn, Kitana & Rain (so many people asked for him)

I hope there are a few new characters, no more than three. MKX introduced quite a bit (eight to be exact) into this storyline.
Some not so relevant characters like Jacqui, needs to be reimagined... perhaps aligned w/ Outworld and married to Kotal Kahn or something. Kung Jin could be a nomad and excommunicated from the Shaolin Monks.

I really hope we don't get all of these overpowered DLC movie characters. Having Jason, Leatherface, Predator, & Alien was way too many movie figures and quite the "reach" no matter how cool the design.
I dont know but i dont like much of the new karakters. Most generic and boring.. keep the klassic unique

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Honestly Jacqui, Kano, and the special forces characters other than Johnny(if he counts as one) and Jax need to stay gone. We have a game full of gods, ninjas, and demons or whatever who can teleport, use fire, ice, acid, telekinesis, and other cool shit. Meanwhile we have Jacqui who has GUNS and can PUNCH THINGS. Kano gets points for being a cyborg but still fucking tosses knives as his projectile, he’s so cringe and lame. Most of the new MKX characters other than Kotal, D’Vorah, Takeda, and Cassie(only if Johnny is gone) should go.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
You guys think they will reveal characters before January 17?
I would love to see some more reveals before then. However, we only have a month and a half to go for a giant reveal, so I'm content with either.
Actually, if nothing is said until the 17th, I'll feel pretty good.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Honestly Jacqui, Kano, and the special forces characters other than Johnny(if he counts as one) and Jax need to stay gone. We have a game full of gods, ninjas, and demons or whatever who can teleport, use fire, ice, acid, telekinesis, and other cool shit. Meanwhile we have Jacqui who has GUNS and can PUNCH THINGS. Kano gets points for being a cyborg but still fucking tosses knives as his projectile, he’s so cringe and lame. Most of the new MKX characters other than Kotal, D’Vorah, Takeda, and Cassie(only if Johnny is gone) should go.
There were a lot of way cooler designs for Jacqui in the concept art. If she's back in for MK11, I'm hopeful they'll go back to the drawing board with her a little, because the idea of Jax's daughter who uses robotic super armor stuff isn't bad -- it just wasn't executed in a very interesting way in MKX.

Make her more visually interesting, give her some fun and flashier moves, and maybe there's something there. But I'm somebody who thought the Kombat Kids were fun in the story mode, so grain of salt if you just don't like the idea of them at all.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
There were a lot of way cooler designs for Jacqui in the concept art. If she's back in for MK11, I'm hopeful they'll go back to the drawing board with her a little, because the idea of Jax's daughter who uses robotic super armor stuff isn't bad -- it just wasn't executed in a very interesting way in MKX.

Make her more visually interesting, give her some fun and flashier moves, and maybe there's something there. But I'm somebody who thought the Kombat Kids were fun in the story mode, so grain of salt if you just don't like the idea of them at all.

If they did something to make her stand out from Cassie more than sure, imo Jacqui and Kung Jin are just completely overshadowed by Cassie and Takeda when it comes to the new earth characters.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
If they did something to make her stand out from Cassie more than sure, imo Jacqui and Kung Jin are just completely overshadowed by Cassie and Takeda when it comes to the new earth characters.
I agree, but I hope rather than throwing them out they just try to make them more interesting. There's potential there, and they're both fun to play, but Cassie and Takeda are so flashy they blow the other two out of the water.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I agree, but I hope rather than throwing them out they just try to make them more interesting. There's potential there, and they're both fun to play, but Cassie and Takeda are so flashy they blow the other two out of the water.
Honestly, Takeda especially does. It’s amazing that they’d make Takeda a telekinetic, telepathic ninja with lightsabers and barbed energy whips, son of Kenshi, trained by Scorpion. Then there is Jacqui who has guns and just looks like your average military character. Kung Jin has a good design especially in that DLC skin, he’s a lot more interesting in concept than I think he actually turned out but he has lots of potential. So does Jacqui, but I think she needs a lot of work. If one of the new characters were to sit it out it’s a no brainer to me.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Honestly, Takeda especially does. It’s amazing that they’d make Takeda a telekinetic, telepathic ninja with lightsabers and barbed energy whips, son of Kenshi, trained by Scorpion. Then there is Jacqui who has guns and just looks like your average military character. Kung Jin has a good design especially in that DLC skin, he’s a lot more interesting in concept than I think he actually turned out but he has lots of potential. So does Jacqui, but I think she needs a lot of work. If one of the new characters were to sit it out it’s a no brainer to me.
Yeah, I mean there's that one alleged leak that says only four new MKX characters are returning, and it seems pretty clear if that's the case that it'd be Cassie, Takeda, D'vorah and Kotal. Those are the four who were really glowingly received by most people. (Erron Black people think is cool, but there isn't much of an actual character there.)

The other alleged leak says they're all back except Ferra/Torr, which would make more sense to me. But if that's the case I would hope Kung Jin and Jacqui each get a design overhaul.

I agree they really put all their eggs in one basket with Takeda -- he's like an overload of stuff fans love about Mortal Kombat, all in one character (making him the heir to Kenshi AND Scorpion is like, nuts lmao). Cassie meanwhile has a lot of personality and a pretty strong but simple visual design and won many people over that way.

I get what they were going for with Kung Jin, but they need to push way harder into the cool archer thing. They make Green Arrow fun to watch in Injustice, so clearly they have it in them. Add more of that, and lean more into the Hong Kong martial arts movies they're drawing from for his staff moves with the big bow (a very cool idea they didn't do enough with outside of the Bojutsu variation).

Jacqui just feels like a fine concept executed poorly. Power gauntlets are cool (people love Iron Man!), and 'tough-but-still-hot POC soldier chick' is a well-worn popular scifi archetype (Vasquez in Aliens, Zoe in Firefly, literally any character Michelle Rodriguez has ever played, etc). But neither her gauntlet abilities nor her visual design pushed far enough. It came across as just 'soldier with some guns'.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Yeah, I mean there's that one alleged leak that says only four new MKX characters are returning, and it seems pretty clear if that's the case that it'd be Cassie, Takeda, D'vorah and Kotal. Those are the four who were really glowingly received by most people. (Erron Black people think is cool, but there isn't much of an actual character there.)

The other alleged leak says they're all back except Ferra/Torr, which would make more sense to me. But if that's the case I would hope Kung Jin and Jacqui each get a design overhaul.

I agree they really put all their eggs in one basket with Takeda -- he's like an overload of stuff fans love about Mortal Kombat, all in one character (making him the heir to Kenshi AND Scorpion is like, nuts lmao). Cassie meanwhile has a lot of personality and a pretty strong but simple visual design and won many people over that way.

I get what they were going for with Kung Jin, but they need to push way harder into the cool archer thing. They make Green Arrow fun to watch in Injustice, so clearly they have it in them. Add more of that, and lean more into the Hong Kong martial arts movies they're drawing from for his staff moves with the big bow (a very cool idea they didn't do enough with outside of the Bojutsu variation).

Jacqui just feels like a fine concept executed poorly. Power gauntlets are cool (people love Iron Man!), and 'tough-but-still-hot POC soldier chick' is a well-worn popular scifi archetype (Vasquez in Aliens, Zoe in Firefly, literally any character Michelle Rodriguez has ever played, etc). But neither her gauntlet abilities nor her visual design pushed far enough. It came across as just 'soldier with some guns'.
Erron is Sonic's main. He's definitely coming back just for the hype.

Agreed. 11's roster needs less emphasis on Special Forces characters, there was way too much of a focus on them with X. Cutting it down with Cassie and Takeda would be super nice as it was way too crowded.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I have no issue with Erron Black! I'm just saying if that leak is true and only four are coming back, it feels like Cassie/Takeda/Kotal/D'vorah to me in a no-brainer, for story if nothing else. Personally I would bring them all back besides Ferra/Torr, who are a cool idea but don't really work for me. KJ and JB I think are fixable.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I wasn't a fan of Erron... Not a fan of cowboys in general, not a fan of brown on brown on brown, and his animations were pretty bad.

However, NRS could easily redeem that in MK11, which they hopefully have should Erron return.
Love Troy Baker though... solid voice actor.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
I would love to see Kai and Ashrah...........but if im being realistic im fine with either Kung Lao and/or Kung Jin