What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 - Kombat Kast Expectations.. Hear us Tyler!!!

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
As you all know, MK11 Kombat Kast series will be started at Janurary 30th. and everyone got hyped to watch the first stream. MKX Kombat Kast streams were good and very fun to watch. I have no idea if Tyler will hear us or not but i just thought the Kombat Kast streams for MK11 could be better with some arrangements like;

- Kabal teased at the reveal event and fans got hyped for the first stream. I expect a new teaser about who will be revealed next, they can do it at the end. It could be anything about the character.. simple image, a wepaon, a gif, a place... if they do this everyone will keep their hype for the next stream.

- Character introduce could be separated in two parts like Story introduce and gameplay introduce. Story introduce could be performed by Tyler himself but Tyler please do not introduce the gameplay part. We want to see more than button masher style fighting. That is not fun for us, it could be a fun for you and Derek but certainly not for us. You have 16-Bit and Dizzy please let them introduce the gameplay.

- Arena introduce should be added in. As a Mortal Kombat fan i always wonder the arena backstories.

- At least 11 fan questions should be replied by NRS.

- Don't spend much more time on the characters already revealed. We have enough to chew on between K&M's game play breakdowns, the exhibition matches, and other content creator videos. Devote the first stream to new characters and content reveals as well as fan Q&A

- Show more game play, or at least footage, for the "hinted" characters, i.e. Kabal, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Cassie, and Kitana. Especially Cassie, because it feels like half the internet is freaking out about her new look (even though we've only seen her angry expression) and speculating about her move set/combos after Sonya got her flip kick and run has been removed

- Hear more about NRS' rationale for changing meter burn from block to combo presses. It'd be helpful to learn what problem they're trying to solve

- Provide more clarity about their DLC fighter roll-out plans. The deluxe edition comes with 6 fighters if I remember correctly. Does that mean they only plan to roll out 6 DLC characters? Or will DLC fighters come in "packs" of 6 rather than 4 this time around?

here are our opinions to make Kombat Kast better than ever. Feel free to add your advices and please don't forget; this thread is not about character wishes or gameplay changing. Do not bother us.

Last edited:
- Kabal teased at the reveal event and fans got hyped for the first stream. I expect a new teaser about who will be revealed next, they can do it at the end. It could be anything about the character.. simple image, a wepaon, a gif, a place... if they do this everyone will keep their hype for the next stream.
I was thinking about that too. Thing is, they have 3 months to reveal AND showcase 17 characters (excluding Kabal) so many more than one character per Kombat Kast will be shown.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
many more than one character per Kombat Kast will be shown.
They might, but there's absolutely no guarantee. A month before MKX's release, we only knew 15/25 launch characters for sure. 15/25!!! Barely more than half of the roster. If they want to do 1 character per week or something, and then splurge when there's a week left before Beta (end of March), they still have enough time to do that.

Xelz

Go over there!
  • Don't spend much more time on the characters already revealed. We have enough to chew on between K&M's game play breakdowns, the exhibition matches, and other content creator videos. Devote the first stream to new characters and content reveals as well as fan Q&A
  • Show more game play, or at least footage, for the "hinted" characters, i.e. Kabal, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Cassie, and Kitana. Especially Cassie, because it feels like half the internet is freaking out about her new look (even though we've only seen her angry expression) and speculating about her move set/combos after Sonya got her flip kick and run has been removed
  • Hear more about NRS' rationale for changing meter burn from block to combo presses. It'd be helpful to learn what problem they're trying to solve
  • Provide more clarity about their DLC fighter roll-out plans. The deluxe edition comes with 6 fighters if I remember correctly. Does that mean they only plan to roll out 6 DLC characters? Or will DLC fighters come in "packs" of 6 rather than 4 this time around?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I was thinking about that too. Thing is, they have 3 months to reveal AND showcase 17 characters (excluding Kabal) so many more than one character per Kombat Kast will be shown.
Exactly. If they are doing a stream every week leading up to the game. There'll be 13 streams (including the one on the 30th.)

So they've gotta show off more than 1 character for at least some of them. At least 2 per stream maybe? That's pretty much what they did with Injustice 2's Watchtower streams.

I think it'd be cool for them to do something like this-

The day of the stream, release a Kabal reveal trailer. Have some cool dialogue between him and whoever's already been revealed, show some wombo-combos, fatal blow, fatality, then during the stream they can show some of his customization, all of his gear moves, etc. They're probably going to bring back the little battles they do at the end as well. Then, at the very end, show a little teaser for the next character that'll be revealed. Then the day of the next stream, do a reveal trailer, so on, and so forth. I guess they could always reveal the trailers at the beginning of the Kombat Kasts as well.

Whatever they do: I'm hype!

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
  • Don't spend much more time on the characters already revealed. We have enough to chew on between K&M's game play breakdowns, the exhibition matches, and other content creator videos. Devote the first stream to new characters and content reveals as well as fan Q&A
  • Show more game play, or at least footage, for the "hinted" characters, i.e. Kabal, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Cassie, and Kitana. Especially Cassie, because it feels like half the internet is freaking out about her new look (even though we've only seen her angry expression) and speculating about her move set/combos after Sonya got her flip kick and run has been removed
  • Hear more about NRS' rationale for changing meter burn from block to combo presses. It'd be helpful to learn what problem they're trying to solve
  • Provide more clarity about their DLC fighter roll-out plans. The deluxe edition comes with 6 fighters if I remember correctly. Does that mean they only plan to roll out 6 DLC characters? Or will DLC fighters come in "packs" of 6 rather than 4 this time around?
If i have your permission, i will add all of your great ideas to my main post. It could be the easiest way to read by NRS..

They might, but there's absolutely no guarantee. A month before MKX's release, we only knew 15/25 launch characters for sure. 15/25!!! Almost half.
Yes but in the end, they showcased everyone (even Shinnok), because they had started showing off up to 3 or 4 characters per stream (I still remember that stream with Mileena, Takeda and Kung Jin).

Last edited:

Slymind

Noob
I love Tyler and Derick eternal rivalry, but, it would be nice if they got 16 bit and Dizzy and let them prepare well to showcase gameplay matches, Ketchup and Mustard did a phenomenal job on that front, if they do the showcase right, i'm positive it will increase even more the interest and support for the game.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
They really need to announce all the kombat pack DLC's before the games out. I would like to preorder the special edition, but there's no way I'm spending like $40 extra bucks on something like 4 guest characters.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Yes but in the end, they showcased everyone (even Shinnok), because they had started showing off up to 3 or 4 characters per stream (I still remember that stream with Mileena, Takeda and Kung Jin).
My point was that they can spread those reveals however they like. Do 1 per week for a while then give us 10, or do 2 per week for a while, or do 1 per week some weeks and 3 per week other weeks.

Yes in some kombat kasts it's almost guaranteed that we'll get more than 1 new character, but there's no guarantee that will be true of any particular kast.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Speak for yourself, I happen to find Tyler playing Derek to be the best part of the Kombat Kasts. Especially as I've seen them get better and better at the games going from fighting game noobs to competent players.

Let them play!!
I am agree on that point but i am sure even you don't want to see randomly performed projectiles or 3-4 hits combos as a gameplay introduce. They can keep their rivalry for a fun. Different things..

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Speak for yourself, I happen to find Tyler playing Derek to be the best part of the Kombat Kasts. Especially as I've seen them get better and better at the games going from fighting game noobs to competent players.

Let them play!!
Yeah I gotta agree. That was kind of a dick thing to say lol. Also we can’t really tell them what to do and how to run their show. Us fans,supporters,players, etc need to realize that these are humans and they have feelings too. Despite what you think they work hard on their games and bashing it or telling them what you don’t like in a rude way can be very displeasing. . There’s nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but please no more of this telling devs what they should and shouldn’t do. There’s a reason we are typing on the forum and they are developing the game.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Yeah I gotta agree. That was kind of a dick thing to say lol. Also we can’t really tell them what to do and how to run their show. Us fans,supporters,players, etc need to realize that these are humans and they have feelings too. Despite what you think they work hard on their games and bashing it or telling them what you don’t like in a rude way can be very displeasing. . There’s nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but please no more of this telling devs what they should and shouldn’t do. There’s a reason we are typing on the forum and they are developing the game.
Okay, delete the topic and let them do what they wants to do..

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I always use the Kombat Kast as an example of marketing done right. These dev diary type walkthroughs are 100 times more efficient than some guy on ign trying to explain his experience. Show us what you want us to see and create hype. It doesn’t seem that complicated and wish more devs would do these things. Showing mechanics and modes. People are interested.

I’m hyped for them to start lol.

Xelz

Go over there!
Hopefully this comes across as our wish list for the Kast, not some directive for how to run their show :)

I don't know if any of us actually expect every request to make their agenda. Even half of our list would probably take over an hour to present. If one or two common themes emerge, then maybe it'll give Tyler and Derek an idea for a future Kast.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
even though we're already only weeks away, given how slowly nrs likes to dribble out info, i'm not setting my expectations too high in regards to new stuff. I'm hoping for loooooots of good kabal footage, maybe a look at what the preset variations for the reveal chars will actually be (assuming they've got that stuff nailed down in whatever build they're demoing), maaaaaaaaaybe a look at kitana or liu kang or someone like that.