What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Exclusive Coverage Trailer-Cetrion revealed by Game Informer

Ngl...I’m not feeling her at all. Which makes me sad because she was the new character I was looking forward to the most. Oh well then.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
What if Shinnok is playable, maybe unlockable ?And Shang and Milena were supposed to be unblockable, but switched with other characters to be dlc after the leak got out)?
Right now if we're going for the 24 base characters, I think Mileena and Shinnok might be DLC like Shang Tsung.
In the end being unlockables or DLC, the difference is minimal. I think someone saw their names out of the announced roster and thought they were unlockables, but maybe in fact they were DLCs.

Shao Kahn is confirmed to play a role in the story. However, if you do not pre-order the game you can't play with him.
According to some story leak, Shang Tsung plays a role too.
So this time I guess they're avoiding the MKX situation with the NPCs, and potential "NPC fighters" (as long as you don't own the characters) are going to be available through DLC.
Shinnok could still play a role in the story and be a sub-boss or something.

So Shinnok could be playable and DLC.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
She looks awesome! Really want to see the Kollector now))

What bothers me is that this animation of her growing into the earth's atmosphere will probably be used on every stage, and won't make any sense on the Netherrealm or Outworld stages, just like Lex Luthor's , Doomsday's, or Superman's Supers in IGAU when done in the Watchtower, or Brainiac's Super in the Batcave and on his own ship in I2, etc.)
Unless they change the color of the planet which would make sense, if OW is say purplelish, Netherrealm is reddish orange, Earth is Blue etc, etc

MKF30

Ok so just read the details, so maining her for sure. Was planning to once I saw the trailer but now definitely will be my top 3 no doubt. She's literally made for zoning and keeping people far AND "has a vapor move that allows her to block strings even AFTER getting hit"?! Ohhh yess!! I likey.

She doesn't look like a MK character but why not. I'd like to see her breakdown tomorrow. And so far she has the worst fatality in the game.

Can't wait to nutpunch her

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
That was my first thought, but the One Being was using the elder gods as a food source. They hated him and wanted him gone. Not sure why Kronika would hook up with the One Being.
Mythology had it's faire share of dysfunctional families too.

Zeus killed his father Cronus for trying to swallow him and the future Olympians alive so that none would contest his rule.

And before that, Cronus castrated his own father Uranus to stop him from forcing himself unto his mother Gaïa.

So imagine how brutal the relationship between the gods are in a universe as violent as the one MK takes place in.

MKF30

They really need to rank MK characters imo NRS I mean. The EG's seem to be nigh omnipotent, the One Being seems to be omnipresent but kept at bay. The regular Gods are obviously below EG level but above everyone else in MKU. Kronika Boon just confirmed is "higher" than the Elder Gods so who and what is she exactly? Would that mean she's fully omnipotent? Guess time will tell. Will there be someone higher than her?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
They really need to rank MK characters imo NRS I mean. The EG's seem to be nigh omnipotent, the One Being seems to be omnipresent but kept at bay. The regular Gods are obviously below EG level but above everyone else in MKU. Kronika Boon just confirmed is "higher" than the Elder Gods so who and what is she exactly? Would that mean she's fully omnipotent? Guess time will tell. Will there be someone higher than her?
I think Kronika is like the Titans from Greek Mythology.

MKF30

I guess time will tell lol. I thought the EG were the titans, well actually I thought they were pretty much God of MK since they created everything except the One Being but they keep expanding on the MK mythos so excited to find out more.

MK Led

Umbasa
Yes in that she's the mother of two elder gods, no in that the Olympic pantheon is the most powerful group in Greek myth, which is why they were able to overthrow the titans in the first place.

Last edited:

MKF30

She's the mother of Shinnok and Cetrion, we don't know if she's the mother of ALL the Elder Gods however

MKF30

She's the mother of Shinnok and Cetrion, we don't know if she's the mother of ALL the Elder Gods as this hasn't been confirmed.

Well, not exactly... but I do remember him talking about death a lot in MKX lol

I mean, listen to him

The Cetrion Breakdown by 16bit is out on GI page, and 16bit confirmed Shinnok to be the opposite of Cetrion and the Elder God of Death!!)

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Yes in that she's the mother of two elder gods, no in that the Olympic pantheon is the most powerful group in Greek myth, which is why they were able to overthrow the titans in the first place.
Okay. But they have to enlist the help of other beings like the original Cyclops to defeat the Titans!

The Cetrion Breakdown by 16bit is out on GI page, and 16bit confirmed Shinnok to be the opposite of Cetrion and the Elder God of Death!!)
That's really cool!

Man, I hope Shinnok is in the roster.

I'd love to have a fight between him and Cetrion. Shinnok using the giant skeleton hands and bone weapons against the four elements combined! I need this!

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I don't think we've had a character as powerful as Cetrion ever before in Mortal Kombat. In terms of the female characters, I'd say Sindel was the strongest until the arrival of Cetrion. With male characters, Shao Khan and Onaga were probably the toughest. And even they seem beneath Cetrion in terms of might. The sheer force of power we got to see in that trailer is...astonishing. She grew to the size of a planet and unleashed an orbital strike for goodness sake.