What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Datamine Hints at 19 DLC Characters

19 makes sense to me... The first pack has 6 right?! So two more packs would be 6+6+6=18, Shao Kahn would be 19 (unless he's already included elsewhere and not in the 19 in OP).

And that would definitely be that "wow, holy crap, so much content" that multiple people have stated

AND! nothing for nothing, but 18 more would square up the character select screen

That would be pretty crazy if this is true. But I'm thinking that maybe they want to make enough room for both guest characters and returning MK characters. In this case, we could get like 6 or 7 guest characters, with the rest being returning MK characters. We could get the highly demanded Mileena, Rain and Fujin.

Also, I want Tasia to be DLC. MKX got Tremor. Now it's Tasia's turn.

I'm all for them keeping up support for the game for a good while, especially considering it's been implied that they are taking a bit of a break from new MK games after this.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
datamining tends to be pretty indicative. But NRS might want to take a break from Mortal Kombat, but WB might not let that happen so it might be 19 POSSIBLE total

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
While datamining can't always be 100% correct (MvC3 had Dr Octopus assets, had it not?), it is at the very least, a sign of things that may come.

Kratilim

Noob
Its also good to keep in mind that they've hinted in interviews that this might be the last MK game in a while. If that's true then a lot of DLC would make sense. Essentially turning it into Ultimate Mortal Kombat 11 as a swan song for the series before it takes a hiatus of several years (think 5 or 6 at least).

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Have you seen the interview? Everything he said turned out true.
Switch version is 60 fps. MK11 story protagonist is Liu Kang etc.
Maybe they initially planned for it to be a concrete 30 something at the time of that interview, however it ended up being the biggest launch for an MK and for a WB game. WB won't want to pass up an opportunity to make shit loads of more money from it, hence why the dude from WB said it will be supported for 'years to come'. If this datamine ends up being true (datamines aren't always proof that something will come to fruition), then they will do 3 Kombat Packs and then probably end up doing an Ultimate MK11 with everything bundled. Plenty of money in doing that.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
sigh I hope the review bombing from the gamers on Metacritic won't deter NRS/WB from making a third Kombat Pack.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hell yeah I want 19, I wanted 20 in a dream world lol. Hopefully this increases the chances of MK 11 getting Michael Myers, Ermac, Reptile, Ashrah, Stryker, Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke, Mileena and Kouran. I noticed nobody has mentioned Kouran, but I think he'd be awesome. He's an immortal, looks like a darker, undead Kratos who is in charge of transportation on the sea of blood/souls I mean how cool is that? lol

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Hell yeah I want 19, I wanted 20 in a dream world lol. Hopefully this increases the chances of MK 11 getting Michael Myers, Ermac, Reptile, Ashrah, Stryker, Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke, Mileena and Kouran. I noticed nobody has mentioned Kouran, but I think he'd be awesome. He's an immortal, looks like a darker, undead Kratos who is in charge of transportation on the sea of blood/souls I mean how cool is that? lol
You mean Kharon?

Also, didn't really seem like he had anything special to his character. Nothing unique about him or any abilities etc that would scream 'awesome playable character' to me.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You mean Kharon?

Also, didn't really seem like he had anything special to his character. Nothing unique about him or any abilities etc that would scream 'awesome playable character' to me.
lol yes Kharon my fault haha. I know, but they could always give him powers he obviously has some being immortal I just think he has potential, a lot more than some characters who made the cut in MK 11 I'd play him more than lol.

SxS626

Noob
i hope so because words can't even describe how shit the current DLC leak is. disappointment is an understatement

ItsYaBoi

Noob
lol yes Kharon my fault haha. I know, but they could always give him powers he obviously has some being immortal I just think he has potential, a lot more than some characters who made the cut in MK 11 I'd play him more than lol.
He could have the move set of a sailor and throw fish at the enemy and still be better than certain new characters cough CETRION cough.

Edit: Lol, I didn't even look at your avatar. I just can't stand her >_<