What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Datamine Hints at 19 DLC Characters

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
we already know 9 of them if they did 10 more maybe there would be a chance at Mileena but i still doubt it. if there was no guest in that 10 then maybe but again doubtful.

Sektor, Cyrax, Kenshi, Reptile, Ermac, Havik heavily hinted just b/c the Datamine, Krypt and Story on top of the 9 others.
Where was Havik heavily hinted at? As far as I know, the best hints we got was Raiden saying that a threat has emerged from Chaosrealm and that Havik's assist NEEDS TO BE REMOVED. Was there something else?

HAMMER

Noob
Why do you feel like the gameplay is shallow?
It's just a feeling. I'm not an expert like many of you who go into the big details to find the meta.

I just liked how MKX and MK9 you could juggle dudes for 15+ hit combos and 50%+ combos with ease.

I'm sure this game will have the same damage wise, but it seems like the combos are lacking.

It's possibly due to my ignorance of the game though.

I have only really completed Story Mode; all Klassic Towers and a few Timed Towers and some of the Krypt.

mook

Noob
Where was Havik heavily hinted at? As far as I know, the best hints we got was Raiden saying that a threat has emerged from Chaosrealm and that Havik's assist NEEDS TO BE REMOVED. Was there something else?
Havik has like, 3 assists in his name that are in the game lol

It's just a feeling. I'm not an expert like many of you who go into the big details to find the meta.

I just liked how MKX and MK9 you could juggle dudes for 15+ hit combos and 50%+ combos with ease.

I'm sure this game will have the same damage wise, but it seems like the combos are lacking.

It's possibly due to my ignorance of the game though.

I have only really completed Story Mode; all Klassic Towers and a few Timed Towers and some of the Krypt.
The combos are a lot shorter on average compared to MKX but you can still do long combos. You just need fulfill some conditions.

Johnny and Cassie both have shades as gear, Liu and Lao both have armguards, Raiden and Jade both have staves, Sub and Skarlet have daggers, etc. Dont think its a huge deal.
Both having sai that glows pink? But honestly, Kitana has more than enough moves that they could even remove half blood stance.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Said this before but DLC Slots do not mean DLC Characters. Can be skins, can be fatalities, can be a score of things.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Havik has like, 3 assists in his name that are in the game lol
This is de-confirmation proof, not confirmation proof.

Said this before but DLC Slots do not mean DLC Characters. Can be skins, can be fatalities, can be a score of things.
"While some players are wondering if these DLC references may point to post-launch content aside from fighters, such as stages or skins, thethiny provides compelling evidence that suggests that they do indeed demarcate Mortal Kombat 11 characters. Specifically, the 19 DLC strings are listed immediately following the current roster, and they each reference “EXP,” just as other character listings do."

"The Redditor further addresses the question by indicating that skin listings in the game files include reference to SKIN, and stage listings reference BGND."

f24

Don't F*** with a God
My conspiracy theory is that all of the unknown DLC are the dead characters you find in the Krypt.

my theory is just look what spells are used in the towers of time

stryker stuff, reptile stuff etc etc
maybe they do DLC on those chars which already have stuff in the game

The thing I'm most curious about with DLC characters is this - how will it affect The Krypt? One would assume we'll be grinding for skins and gear the same way for Fujin or whoever. Do hundreds of new chests spawn on the island? Do they just reshuffle the deck and make us reopen old chests again with DLC gear in them?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
The thing I'm most curious about with DLC characters is this - how will it affect The Krypt? One would assume we'll be grinding for skins and gear the same way for Fujin or whoever. Do hundreds of new chests spawn on the island? Do they just reshuffle the deck and make us reopen old chests again with DLC gear in them?
Quite possibly all their skins will be unlocked with Towers of Time, vs AI battle or even with Online Matches. Oh, and the Kollector.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
On the Gameinformer interview Boon stated the game would have thirty-something characters by the end. And 19 characters as DLC is unlikely. Maybe if they expanded to Ultimate MK11.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'd be fine with it but I doubt it will be 19 DLC Kharacters! I think more like 6 plus Shao Kahn and 7 Skins and 7 Gear pieces.

If there was 3 Fighter Packs of 6 DLC each then this would check out.

Cyrax
Sektor
Mileena
Rain
Smoke (Ninja/Enenra)

Are just some of the Kharacters I want but I'm excited to get Nightwolf, Shang, Joker, Terminator, Sindel.

Most of all I hope NRS adjusts the combo system and takes away some of the limitations keeping most of the kast from doing swaggy combos. Most of the combos now are short and lame. Most of the MK fans enjoyed labbing up new combos and finding cooler ways to extend them. It seems like combo diversity is sevearly lacking and I would rather the Combos be fixed than get my favorite character Cyrax that couldn't do more than 1 bomb into ender.

FaneBlackwing

Best in the West
I think we are just getting 9.
Wouldn't make sense.

We're getting 6 in the first kombat pack alone, for them to only put 3 in the second kombat pack would be extremely lazy and off-putting for most people.

We're likely getting 12 DLC, I doubt 19/18 will happen, but I've been surprised before so I'm not declaring it an impossibility.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
The only thing that gives me hope for the 19 char DLC is - aside from the datamine - the fact that NRS stated that they'll support this game longer than previous entries and that they're going to make us go "Wow! There's so much content!" Here's hoping it really will go like that, and isn't just PR bull.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The only thing that gives me hope for the 19 char DLC is - aside from the datamine - the fact that NRS stated that they'll support this game longer than previous entries and that they're going to make us go "Wow! There's so much content!" Here's hoping it really will go like that, and isn't just PR bull.
My thoughts exactly. If they plan to support this game for more than 3 years than 19 characters could make sense. Seems like an insane amount but at the same time they really perfected the gameplay this time around and it’s a lot of fun competitively.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
My thoughts exactly. If they plan to support this game for more than 3 years than 19 characters could make sense. Seems like an insane amount but at the same time they really perfected the gameplay this time around and it’s a lot of fun competitively.
19 charcter would be a lot fun . I hope they release the whole pack of charcters to announce and not one by freaking one lol