What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Datamine Hints at 19 DLC Characters

Kratilim

Noob
i hope so because words can't even describe how shit the current DLC leak is. disappointment is an understatement
wow really? I get that some of ppls favorites aren't in, but to call the DLC leak a major disappointment? Nah man. You probably just have way to high standards. Personally I don't think the DLC choices could have been any better.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
wow really? I get that some of ppls favorites aren't in, but to call the DLC leak a major disappointment? Nah man. You probably just have way to high standards.
It kind of is. 4/9 are guests which means that for a lot of people (myself included) those are wasted slots that basically don't exist. Another 3/9 are objectively three of the least popular MKT characters so there's a very good chance someones not excited about any of them, or 1 at most. That only leaves Fujin and Shang.

"A bunch of old, wise sorcerers and Sheeva" is how I would describe this pack. If you're looking for ninjas, robots, or other mysterious badasses, there is actually not a single character for you.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
wow really? I get that some of ppls favorites aren't in, but to call the DLC leak a major disappointment? Nah man. You probably just have way to high standards. Personally I don't think the DLC choices could have been any better.
Four guests is already bad enough.

I'm happy about Shang Tsung and Fujin. Sindel is cool too. In the end I'll probably buy any MK character, except if it is Stryker or Mokap... we just need more MK characters.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God

I'm happy about Shang Tsung and Fujin. Sindel is cool too. In the end I'll probably buy any MK character, except if it is Stryker or Mokap... we just need more MK characters.
you Legit just said you would buy Hsu Hao

Kratilim

Noob
Okay, If indeed you are looking for ninja's, then you're indeed out of luck. Personally I don't mind guests at all. Now that the guests are some of my favorite characters outside of MK, that makes it a good DLC pack for me. Having said that, considering what you guys are saying. I can understand why you'd be a bit disappointed. The Cyborgs I don't care about myself though. And depending what they do to Nightwolf he could have a mysterious badass kind of feeling to him right?

What other characters outside of the obvious ( Mileena, Smoke and Rain) would you guys like to see then? I really can't think of any from the 3D era that ares remotely interesting without a vast redesign. Even Frost wouldn't have been interesting without the cyber element they added.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Okay, If indeed you are looking for ninja's, then you're indeed out of luck. Personally I don't mind guests at all. Now that the guests are some of my favorite characters outside of MK, that makes it a good DLC pack for me. Having said that, considering what you guys are saying. I can understand why you'd be a bit disappointed. The Cyborgs I don't care about myself though. And depending what they do to Nightwolf he could have a mysterious badass kind of feeling to him right?

What other characters outside of the obvious ( Mileena, Smoke and Rain) would you guys like to see then? I really can't think of any from the 3D era that ares remotely interesting without a vast redesign. Even Frost wouldn't have been interesting without the cyber element they added.
Havik, Hotaru, Reiko, Li Mei to name just a few. If we're going for characters that aren't obvious who could be great if done right.

I'm personally not disappointed with the leaked DLC characters (barring guest characters, which I fucking hate that they have to be a thing and we can't just have MK characters), but I can understand why some people may be. Sheeva is the only one that I'm a bit 'meh' on, unless they can redesign how she plays. She was trash in MK9 with a boring ass moveset, and she has always been an inferior Goro to me. But we'll have to see.

Psyched for Shang, Fujin, Sindel and Nightwolf though.

pure.Wasted

And depending what they do to Nightwolf he could have a mysterious badass kind of feeling to him right?
That's honestly why he was my #1 most looked forward to character (after Shang, but Shang for lore reasons), but reading his intro dialogues it sounds pretty bad to be honest. Like 90% of his intro dialogues have to do with his tribe, or crimes committed against his tribes... or thanking people for the service they performed for his tribe. It's like if you could give MK3 Nightwolf intro dialogue back in 1995, that is exactly what he would sound like, just a walking Native American cliche.

The other 10% are about how he didn't actually lose to Scorpion in MK9, but threw the match on purpose to give Scorpion a chance to find peace, which is admittedly pretty funny. Nightwolf vs Scorp is literally Scorp saying "bitch I heard what you've been telling people and absolutely the fuck not did you let me win."

Reiko is the only 3D character I'm excited about. He has ties to like half the cast, he's a weapons master, and there's still a lot of mystique to his association with the Brotherhood of Shadow. I'd also love to see Takeda come back.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I am literally drooling to see Havik in MK11.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
He could have the move set of a sailor and throw fish at the enemy and still be better than certain new characters cough CETRION cough.

Edit: Lol, I didn't even look at your avatar. I just can't stand her >_<
Yeah, I like her gameplay wise but story wise she sucks lol. I really thought she'd be more good but instead was merely Kronika's lackey with her "she's my mother, I must fulfil my mother's will" bs lol Like NRS probably figured, ok Cetrion is super OP so we can't have her beat Kronika or help beat her, so she'll just join her lol

But honestly, she's only one of my mains. My main main I'm still testing but it's probably going to be either Raiden or Noob. I also like LK as well. But once Fujin hits, he's mine. hehe. Every game he's in I main him and love kicking ass with him regardless of his tier. lol, throwing fish lol. Nahh maybe he can use a fish hook though, on a chain with some made up powers. I'm curious how he's immortal lol.

pure.Wasted

Isn’t that what he’s always been...?
Of course. But the hope was that they would give him the full on MKX/MK11 treatment and give him a sick ass redesign and a personality for once.

The dude was a shapeshifting shaman who became a demon. Can you imagine the possibilities that opened up for him as a character? Makes me sad just thinking about it.

I agree. I already didn't like it when MKX had four guest characters. But let's face it, you know we will have at least four guests here too, probably even more than that. But if the 19 characters thing is true, at least we still should have plenty of room for some highly demanded MK characters.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
I agree. I already didn't like it when MKX had four guest characters. But let's face it, you know we will have at least four guests here too, probably even more than that. But if the 19 characters thing is true, at least we still should have plenty of room for some highly demanded MK characters.
Like taven! Just kidding lol