What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Post-Release General Discussion Thread

haketh

Noob
What? You can't be serious. Life changing amount? Even if it was 30k(it's not)... I don't live in USA but man if 30k is life changing amount there i should book my flight right away and move there coz 30k here(EU) is like below average yearly solary. You will live here on it but it wont be anything special and at best can be "life changing" for your dog or cat. Man, life in USA must be cheap lol.

On a serious note it's not even a joke how bad the pro comp is. Capcom did it right, WB just said F.... you, we got your money, you deserve "nothing". That's a sad truth no matter how you or anybody else will try to spin it.
If you think Capcom did it right this year you’re not keyed into the SFVI scene, people hate how the pro tour is handled this year.

And IDK y’all, if I suddenly got an extra $30K for winning a video game that would have an IMMENSE positive effect on my day to day life. It would anyone that ain’t ballin. And the payout below that ain’t bad either. Could it be higher and do I wish they would at least revisit the crowdfund option like in MKX? Hell yeah, but I ain’t gonna pretend that playing for $30K is like an insult or anything. That’s insane.

Immortal

Blind justice....
If you think Capcom did it right this year you’re not keyed into the SFVI scene, people hate how the pro tour is handled this year.
By "did it right" i meant the amount of money they put it. I have no clue how they handled pro tour in general i was just reffering to the amount of money. 30k looks like a joke in comparison.

And IDK y’all, if I suddenly got an extra $30K for winning a video game that would have an IMMENSE positive effect on my day to day life. It would anyone that ain’t ballin. And the payout below that ain’t bad either. Could it be higher and do I wish they would at least revisit the crowdfund option like in MKX? Hell yeah, but I ain’t gonna pretend that playing for $30K is like an insult or anything. That’s insane.
Nobody is saying 30k is nothing but it ain't for sure "life changing" amount.

Also even if you ignore Capcom money and go back to MK11 time - it was like what? 250k back then? 4 years later and you got ~1/8th of that i mean... yeah it kinda feels like an insult. On top of that people can now win more by just winning several community founded online tournaments....Not to mention streaming/YT money. It just feels like a "joke".

Also people who want that 30k$ have to travel to the offline tournaments and for many even winning one of them like ECT would not even cover their travel/hotel expenses. Which is - if you think about it - crazy. Where is the point in that? I'm sorry but the whole MK1 pro comp is really WB showing pro players middle finger.

Last edited:
I think MK1 wouldn't have complaints if they just fixed:
• Online Netcode with international servers.
• added modes and features that existed in previous MK's.
• improved customization for characters and character/Kameo progression.
• worked on fixing glitches, bugs like DSyncs and wonky mishaps in certain situations. Every MK has glitches id argue MK9 had it worse with Player 1 Advantage the entire games life while having horrific online quality(to the point it was a joke and not considered tournament viable) MK1 can have online tournaments within same country and be solid assuming both players are on solid connections and aren't a world apart.
• Balancing still needs to happen. Sub Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Nitara, and Quan need a few buffs. They are all viable but definitely struggles vs S+ Tiers because they have high risk gameplans vs S+/S Tier characters with low to no risk gameplans while doing everything better.
Kameos need buffs IMO where Sonya, Goro, Motaro, Frost, Kano, Jax, Sektor, Cyrax, Scorpion Sub are all as useful and strong as Lao and Stryker. Right now they are only used heavily by a handful of characters and many times just in some matchups while Lao and Stryker work the best with the majority of the cast.

IMO MK1 has good depth and layers, so much stuff to discover and learn using multiple characters and Kameos. Every character has counters, balance is the best it's been this early in a NRS games life. The backbone like modes, features, Netcode, offline single player and customization needs fixed and it would be the best Mortal Kombat since MK9 in my book.

I still have some hope most of this will be fixed. It is only 4 months in and I've definitely seen this before in previous games that went on much longer. I didn't expect player 1 advantage to be fixed so quick.
On another note I expected multiple horrible patches to be rushed out like other MK games. But that didn't happen, they actually mostly went in the right direction on their patches other than have Cyrax was removed from tournaments for the most part. But buffing Kameos was the right direction just hope they don't nerf characters again and move towards Buffs on the right characters and Kameos

I think MK1 wouldn't have complaints if they just fixed:
• Online Netcode with international servers.
• added modes and features that existed in previous MK's.
• improved customization for characters and character/Kameo progression.
• worked on fixing glitches, bugs like DSyncs and wonky mishaps in certain situations. Every MK has glitches id argue MK9 had it worse with Player 1 Advantage the entire games life while having horrific online quality(to the point it was a joke and not considered tournament viable) MK1 can have online tournaments within same country and be solid assuming both players are on solid connections and aren't a world apart.
• Balancing still needs to happen. Sub Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Nitara, and Quan need a few buffs. They are all viable but definitely struggles vs S+ Tiers because they have high risk gameplans vs S+/S Tier characters with low to no risk gameplans while doing everything better.
Kameos need buffs IMO where Sonya, Goro, Motaro, Frost, Kano, Jax, Sektor, Cyrax, Scorpion Sub are all as useful and strong as Lao and Stryker. Right now they are only used heavily by a handful of characters and many times just in some matchups while Lao and Stryker work the best with the majority of the cast.

IMO MK1 has good depth and layers, so much stuff to discover and learn using multiple characters and Kameos. Every character has counters, balance is the best it's been this early in a NRS games life. The backbone like modes, features, Netcode, offline single player and customization needs fixed and it would be the best Mortal Kombat since MK9 in my book.

I still have some hope most of this will be fixed. It is only 4 months in and I've definitely seen this before in previous games that went on much longer. I didn't expect player 1 advantage to be fixed so quick.
On another note I expected multiple horrible patches to be rushed out like other MK games. But that didn't happen, they actually mostly went in the right direction on their patches other than have Cyrax was removed from tournaments for the most part. But buffing Kameos was the right direction just hope they don't nerf characters again and move towards Buffs on the right characters and Kameos
ed boon states in his pinned tweet that they are only at the beginning of mortal kombat 1....

looks like he wasnt lying for once.

it sucks cause the core gameplay is fun,and with some slight adjustments to gravity and a revision of damage scaling with potenitially adding a few more moves and strings to characters it could even surpass mk9 fun factor.

with mk 11 the core gameplay,combo system and depth was so bad the we all pretty much just wanted a new game,no matter what they did and then with mk 1 the core gameplay is great but nearly everything surrounding it is in shambles,on top of that add horrendous monetisation and you got a recipe to make all fans pissed off.

Tekken 8 isn't even out yet, and it's already in front of the "greatest MK game of all time"
thats what happens when the guy at the top is as passionet as ever and wants to make sure to please the fans(casual and competative) as much as he can,at this point id rather have harada lead the development of an mk game then any of the big heads at netherrealm.