What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 - Official Banished Trailer

My favorite trailer so far. RRRRReptile got me hyped again. Havink and Ahsrah, holy shit this got me hyped! Reptile as a human ninja turning mid game into a reptile is neat. Only small nitpick is that i miss reptile's animations when doing his specials. Other than that NRS nailed it.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

So... who is this?

And is he a Kameo? Or is this a frame from story mode?

Jynks

Sareena NEEDS to be playable! I don't know when and how but damn she looks amazing!
Yeah, I have been asking for Ashrah since MKx was "they are making a new game" and I'm stoked for her... but her and a demon form thing... that is just ubr cool. Would be a great time for her as well, as we have the "light" demon Ashrah.... but oh well. I'd rather Ashrah than Sareena but have to agree, she looks hella sick. In fact I think I was more hype for her than anything else in the trailer besides Ashrah.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
NRS makes dope ass trailers. Their timing is just TOP asscheeks … Like a friend with a great well rounded firearm , but can’t aim for shit

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Just my 2 cents.

Reptile:
Never been much of a Reptile fan, but I'm loving his design this game, and think that of all the characters shown yet, he looks the best comparatively speaking. Not much else to say other than they really knocked it out of the park with his design, and I like seeing Baraka and Reptile on the good guys' team this time around. Kinda got me looking forward to the story.

Havik:
Very excited to have Havik back, though I do have some nitpicks that will hopefully be resolved with other costumes. First and foremost, I wish he looked more skeleton-like in the face instead of what his lower face looks like now (maybe mangled is the word?). Also, even though I like his costume, I hope we have others that are more cleric-like since he's supposed to be a Cleric of Chaos. Other than that, love what I see, and the moment he ripped his arm off and used it as a weapon, I was sold. One of the characters I'm looking forward to trying out the most right now.

Ashrah:
Of the revealed 3, she was the character I was most hyped about, which is likely why I'm the least impressed with her. I knew I would be since there's been so much amazing fan art of Ashrah over the years (even in the new movie she looks great), and I had a feeling the game wouldn't stack up to it. Just like with Havik, I'm hoping she has some alts that I like more. I'm baffled by the decision not to have her iconic hat in her debut trailer/default outfit. Like others have said, she kind of looks like D'Vorah with human skin. For me, compared to a lot of the 10/10 fanart I've seen of her, I'm quite let down, but I'm holding out hope that there are some good alternates.

Sareena:
Thrilled to have Sareena back. I was actually so excited to see Havik, I didn't notice her at first, and was very confused as to who she was when in demon form. The only thing I really have to say is that I think her demon form is really uninspired. It really just looks like a generic devil, and I gotta say I think it's pretty low-effort. I'm happy to have her back, but considering how her demon form looks, I would have preferred we just see her human form only instead during battle.

Overall, I'm happy with what I see, and with some good alternative costumes, I think all of the characters shown are main-worthy for me.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Thought Reptile looked dumb af. Another horrid trailer.

Geras sold me the game, that trailer slayed. Never in a million years did I think I would hate all the ninjas.

P.S Havik is cool

Jynks

This is a cap from the banished trailer.... dose this look like they have "fixed" Mileena's "predator face" that many people thought looked terrible?

Also...

STOP RESISTING! STOP RESISTING!

I have to admit, the fight gameplay looks very good. But the rest kinda look's meh. I mean, the characters design is arguable. But one thing that bothered me the most is the voices and attitude of the characters. It feels like the voice lines and personalities are written by a minor.

Take for example 0:19 "I can only shift between this and my natural form." Turns in to reptile, that guy immediately "WOOOAAAAAHHHHHHH."

Second 2:08 "To catch me, they must see me." disappears and those other guys "HUH", "DAMMMMNNNNNNUHHH." Also watch the body language and the face expression.

I'm really getting that YO BRO vibe personalities, writting by a minor. They also try hard with the voices, which makes it more unbelievable and unfitting. The lines they say are rather more simplified.

I wonder what kind of audience they target now. Feels like they also try to put in some "humor" or something. I don't know what it is, this feels kinda off putting and make the characters unbelievable and cringe.

I really hope that the rest of the game is better and more mature conversations. Otherwise I will drop the storyline mode and just spend my time in other game modes.

Last edited:

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I have to admit, the fight gameplay looks very good. But the rest kinda look's meh. I mean, the characters design is arguable. But one thing that bothered me the most is the voices and attitude of the characters. It feels like the voice lines and personalities are written by a minor.

Take for example 0:19 "I can only shift between this and my natural form." Turns in to reptile, that guy immediately "WOOOAAAAAHHHHHHH."

Second 2:08 "To catch me, they must see me." disappears and those other guys "HUH", "DAMMMMNNNNNNUHHH." Also watch the body language and the face expression.

I'm really getting that YO BRO vibe personalities, writting by a minor. They also try hard with the voices, which makes it more unbelievable and unfitting. The lines they say are rather more simplified.

I wonder what kind of audience they target now. Feels like they also try to put in some "humor" or something. I don't know what it is, this feels kinda off putting and make the characters unbelievable and cringe.

I really hope that the rest of the game is better and more mature conversations. Otherwise I will drop the storyline mode and just spend my time in other game modes.

You should really stop hoping.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?

"that guy" is literally JOHNNY CAGE the most "YO BRO" dude in the entire fucking series l m a o you could not be any more disconnected from reality

"that guy" is literally JOHNNY CAGE the most "YO BRO" dude in the entire fucking series l m a o you could not be any more disconnected from reality
Yes, true Johnny Cage should be the only person who should have this kind of personality. But just the whole conversation, and the complete picture is off putting. The conversation, the text, the voices, it feels all so unbelievable and off putting.

I have the feeling that they try to hard or emphasize to much on it.

It could also be because of the voices. They feel a bit unnatural, or they try to hard to sound "badass" which results in the opposite feeling. I don't know what it is, maybe it's just the trailer.

Something is just very off putting for me. It just feels to much emphasized on "badass" and "YO BRO" which makes it's unnatural and off putting for me. Like I said, it's probarly also because of the voices and simplyfied voicelines, which makes Johnny Cage fall flat aswell in the complete picture.

Last edited:

that "woooaaahh" and "daaamnnn" guy is johnny cage. nuff said.