What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Announcement Trailer

Art Lean

Noob
I know it's early days in the promotional cycle so this may all change, and I also know this is a really silly aesthetic thing to be enamored with... but I love how light everything is. Sunsets, blue skies, green Asian vistas, the white framing on the official site.

After the sheer death metal gloominess of MKX and my god, all the dismal black-void menu screens of MK11, I'm thoroughly loving seeing that Shaw Brothers Hong Kong cinematic beauty return to the franchise again. It's giving me these lovely vibes:

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The Premium edition comes with a 1 week early access. I knew that this was going to become the norm for games, it makes sense. 19014

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
That said, I too wouldn't mind if Sonya gets benched in this game and is Kameo'd. The girl has been in WAY too many MK games in a row and she as well as Kano could use a break.
She's absolutely iconic and part of the game from the start. You can't reboot this and not have Sonya, or worse, reboot it and replace her with a crap copy in the form of her daughter.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So now I need to upgrade to either a PS5, Series S, or Series X. I'm leaning towards Series S, because in a couple years I'll be switching over to PC anyways. I'll also probably start with the standard MK1.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
She's absolutely iconic and part of the game from the start. You can't reboot this and not have Sonya, or worse, reboot it and replace her with a crap copy in the form of her daughter.
The only fictional character in all of fiction that is better than Cassie Cage is Korra. She can replace anyone she jolly well wants - except Korra

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I don't know. Does your trusted source think this is a guess?

" foresees the Titan of the Void (Erebos) destroying all life due to Shang Tsung’s interference in Liu’s destiny."

How trusted is the source? A source that knows all the characters and sees this is not real or a source that has some idea about the roater and THINKS this is not real because it doesn't include a few characters they heard about? Please don't tell me it's that callmesally girl again.
It's not Sally. It's someone who has PROVEN to me they know stuff (with receipts), and they told me the leak is fake. I believe them.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I wouldn’t be so sure about geras, he was popular and they can definitely find a way
Wasn’t he a creation of Kronikka? If Liu and Shang both reset the timeline I’m quite sure she’s gone along with him.
I’m sure they can find a way, however I don’t think he’s coming back since Kronikka doesn’t exist in this timeline, which makes him not exist as well.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Haha its funny.

NRS please dont make XX [insert your fav character] a Kameo.

Kinda different feeling and emotions while revealing the roster.

Bang! Screenshot of your favourite, long forgotten character appears.

Hype is so real. OMG Finally!!!!

Moment passes. Black screen

XX is a Kameo. Thank us for that, fool.

Curtains down.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
What do you think of that Shang part? Guess?
I think if you throw enough shit on the wall, something will stick.

I mean, think about it. Shang as a character became immensely popular and powerful at Aftermath. He even had his own story mode ending. So it would make sense to think he would be treated like Shao Kahn, the previous big bag boss becoming playable or something.

Or maybe he got hold of an insider who got that part right and everything else was bullshit or things that 'leaker' took out of his own head. I dunno.

In the end, imagine one claiming they leak every important thing about MKX, yet they COMPLETELY omit mentioning the Kombat Kids. Does that make sense to you?

mattteo

Noob
Wasn’t he a creation of Kronikka? If Liu and Shang both reset the timeline I’m quite sure she’s gone along with him.
I’m sure they can find a way, however I don’t think he’s coming back since Kronikka doesn’t exist in this timeline, which makes him not exist as well.

Maybe Kronika exists. There hasn't been a single MK boss who did not become playable in the following games. Goro and Shang Tsung after Mk1. SHao Kahn after MK2. Shinnok was playable in both MK4 and MKX. Onaga after Deception.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Haha its funny.

NRS please dont make XX [insert your fav character] a Kameo.

Kinda different feeling and emotions while revealing the roster.

Bang! Screenshot of your favourite, long forgotten character appears.

Hype is so real. OMG Finally!!!!

Moment passes. Black screen

XX is a Kameo. Thank us for that, fool.

Curtains down.
Would you prefer not see the character at ALL in the game?

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think if you throw enough shit on the wall, something will stick.

I mean, think about it. Shang as a character became immensely popular and powerful at Aftermath. He even had his own story mode ending. So it would make sense to think he would be treated like Shao Kahn, the previous big bag boss becoming playable or something.

Or maybe he got hold of an insider who got that part right and everything else was bullshit or things that 'leaker' took out of his own head. I dunno.

In the end, imagine one claiming they leak every important thing about MKX, yet they COMPLETELY omit mentioning the Kombat Kids. Does that make sense to you?
I don't know who that 'leaker' is, that posted the entire roster, but unless it's confirmed by the people we know have leaked info and have been correct, it's most likely bs. Unless I see me a blurry picture of the roster where half the women are bald, it's fake. :coffee: