What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Announcement Trailer

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think it could be an incredible mechanic/feature, personally.

It will definitely NOT just be somehting as simple as just pushing a button and your boy Noob Saibot throws a clone as you're fighting. Neatherrealm always tries to innovate.

What I'm thinking is that the Kameo fighters, while maybe not fully fleshed out, will actually be more playable than some people are thinking. What I'm saying is, I think when you "tag" them in or whatever, they will fight alongside you and have their own moveset that you control. For those that played Tekken Tag 2 - it could be something like that.

I'm super excited for this. There are so many possibilities. Also, for the 5 people on the planet who want shitty characters like Kai and Dairou to return, this could be a way for them to be in the game in some form. Having said that, if the Kombat pack is 6 full characters and only 5 Kameos, it's possible they are way more fleshed out and intricate than we may think.

I cannot wait to see the gameplay for this.
So maybe it could be a character with a limited move set, which you control for a limited time, almost like a mix between a tag and an assist?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So maybe it could be a character with a limited move set, which you control for a limited time, almost like a mix between a tag and an assist?
That's what I'm hoping for.

Also....the flip stance button might FINALLY have a god damn use!

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I hate guest characters in general, but if they must be in I definitely don't want goofy ass mfers like peacemaker. We have Clown Chi, that's enough clown for the whole franchise. I prefer more serious characters like Kratos.
Kratos used a God's head for a flash light and had a 3 minute sex scene with QTEs in GoW3. He is not a serious character unless we're counting the new games.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’m just hoping that Human Smoke is in this game.

Also, I guess we’re just calling this MK1? And the original MK1 will just be referred to as “OG MK1”? Funny, we’ve had 2 games named “Mortal Kombat”, now one named “Mortal Kombat 1”. And even tho the og MK1 was referred to as “MK1”, it wasn’t titled that, much like “MK9” I suppose.

Anyway…. Human Smoke!!!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I’m just hoping that Human Smoke is in this game.

Also, I guess we’re just calling this MK1? And the original MK1 will just be referred to as “OG MK1”? Funny, we’ve had 2 games named “Mortal Kombat”, now one named “Mortal Kombat 1”. And even tho the og MK1 was referred to as “MK1”, it wasn’t titled that, much like “MK9” I suppose.

Anyway…. Human Smoke!!!
MK1 A New Hope

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The problem is that if we're talking MK11 Sektor/Cyrax, we're basically talking about a character being demoted into 3-4 super moves and a couple of combos. So fans of that character feel trolled and cock teased. Sure, nobody will give a fuck if Hsu Hao is a Kameo, but if it's Noob or Havik, or Reiko, or Rain ... people will be disappointed. Because that's not what they want when they say 'I want character X'.

On the other hand, if it's Ashrah as a Kameo or not Ashrah at all, I prefer Kameo.
The way I see it is that it's amazing that MK has so many characters that people love and that are so well known. Hell, my mother knows who Scorpion is and shes 65. We're not all going to get what we want, but the big thing is....we can't change that. It's out of our control. I have a tough time with all the immediate negativity around it simply because it leads no where. There's nothing we can do except play what's put in front of us.

I hope people can stay positive. LoL