What's new

Mortal Kombat – Official Restricted Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It seems they want to give Godzilla vs King Kong its time to shine
It's possible — but If I had to guess which one of those was in danger of not shining in this situation, it's definitely not the the Godzilla movie :)

Also, they've known when both of these movies were coming out for a while now (since January); so if it was about a conflict, I'd wouldn't expect that to be made as a last-second decision.

I remember that they were saying they were still finishing up the special effects and editing for the MK movie recently. So maybe they needed another week to polish things up.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
It's possible — but If I had to guess which one of those was in danger of not shining in this situation, it's definitely not the the Godzilla movie :)

Also, they've known when both of these movies were coming out for a while now (since January); so if it was about a conflict, I'd wouldn't expect that to be made as a last-second decision.

I remember that they were saying they were still finishing up the special effects and editing for the MK movie recently. So maybe they needed another week to polish things up.
I mean a lot of people dont go to every movie they would like to. Whether it is budget constraints or covid scare or wtv. So if they have to chose one, they might lose out on money for the other. By separating them, you increase the chances of ppl going to both. The conflict could have risen recently given the great hype GvK has been receiving and they simply want to capitalize on it. Not to mention there are some potential financial motivations with HBO max

Finishing up editing and effects last minute like that, a week before it is released (when they usually have already sent out copies to theaters) does not bode well at all so I hope thats not the case lol

Basically this feels like a business-oriented decision, not an issue with the film itself

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
According to sources, they wanted to give the Godzilla v Kong movie more “space”, since it’s doing very well at the box office considering the limitations

Yeah I noticed that too. The actor is soooooo weird looking he looks cgi. I honestly thought he was cgi. It’s a shame they didn’t give him his face tats or paint or whatever it is, kinda cements his place as a total complete jobber for jax to glide thru. Couldn’t even make him look cool like Kabal :(

oh well, rip shao Kahn junior

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
It's really only one shot that we've seen Reiko.
And it's not a clear one as well...
Let's be patient.

But from this particular angle and shot, I'm not thrilled too.

Art Lean

Noob
With all due respect, I think the new movie's Reiko is actually a lot more game-accurate than you're all giving them credit for. This is very close to how he looked in Armageddon, the only thing missing is the eye makeup and he has a shirt on.

And let's not forget that this is Reiko we're talking about here, who was just a last-minute skin swap for Noob Saibot in MK4 so they had some new characters. He had a rubbish story, terrible ending, whose only defining traits were that he wore a burgundy ninja suit and... oh my god... had some Alice Cooper makeup on! :eek:

When he was so lame in the first place that he was just a palette swap with some face-paint on, is it really the end of the world that in the new movie he just doesn't have two oversized doodles of eyeliner? Because by moaning he doesn't have the 80s wrestler greasepaint to me just goes to show how lame Reiko always was; that's all he had going for him, that's his only characteristic.

Anyway who knows, maybe something happens in the film that results in his face being burnt that result in similar black charred scarring, or he receives ceremonial face-paint further along in the story, or maybe they performed screen-tests with the makeup and it just looked terrible?

Regardless, the above comparison for me shows that he's actually really quite accurate to his Armageddon appearance... and really is there much risk of them ruining one of the weakest and laziest character designs that MK's ever had anyway just because of some face-paint?

Slymind

Noob
With all due respect, I think the new movie's Reiko is actually a lot more game-accurate than you're all giving them credit for. This is very close to how he looked in Armageddon, the only thing missing is the eye makeup and he has a shirt on.

View attachment 18112

And let's not forget that this is Reiko we're talking about here, who was just a last-minute skin swap for Noob Saibot in MK4 so they had some new characters. He had a rubbish story, terrible ending, whose only defining traits were that he wore a burgundy ninja suit and... oh my god... had some Alice Cooper makeup on! :eek:

When he was so lame in the first place that he was just a palette swap with some face-paint on, is it really the end of the world that in the new movie he just doesn't have two oversized doodles of eyeliner? Because by moaning he doesn't have the 80s wrestler greasepaint to me just goes to show how lame Reiko always was; that's all he had going for him, that's his only characteristic.

Anyway who knows, maybe something happens in the film that results in his face being burnt that result in similar black charred scarring, or he receives ceremonial face-paint further along in the story, or maybe they performed screen-tests with the makeup and it just looked terrible?

Regardless, the above comparison for me shows that he's actually really quite accurate to his Armageddon appearance... and really is there much risk of them ruining one of the weakest and laziest character designs that MK's ever had anyway just because of some face-paint?
What bothers me the most is his physical traits in this movie, he seems to be more of a bulky/brute type which is not what the original character was about, also his face paints and his white eyes which are his most defining traits were left out. They don't need to carbon copy the characters, but this one of the cases they deviated too much imo, even if Reiko's on a conceptual level is kinda bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.