What's new

Mortal Kombat – Official Restricted Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
The president of my country just announced a bunch of restrictions since COVID cases are on the rise again, but luckily it seems that movie theaters won't be under lockdown this time. Seems like they won't be able to have midnight screenings, but that's not too bad.

Art Lean

Noob
Some more of the above fight scenes expanded with a lengthened clip of Mileena, Shang and their entourage walking through the wastelands (as seen in the trailers) - sorry about the overpowering metal Techno Syndrome remix that someone's put over the top of it:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Some more of the above fight scenes expanded with a lengthened clip of Mileena, Shang and their entourage walking through the wastelands (as seen in the trailers) - sorry about the overpowering metal Techno Syndrome remix that someone's put over the top of it:

I LOVE THIS

I'm not supposed to like Kano, why do I find him somewhat charming?

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
EDIT - just cut/pasted my post in the other thread about the movie as it's more suitable there. Sorry!

my man tried to short hop lmao

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
They are really pushing the marketing for this movie. I can understand why but the cynic in me wonders how much of what they say is truly reflective of their feelings and how much is coaching by the marketing department.
Im just hoping this movie doesnt end up like Tomb Raider (2015)...forgotten 3.5 minutes after its release

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
They are really pushing the marketing for this movie. I can understand why but the cynic in me wonders how much of what they say is truly reflective of their feelings and how much is coaching by the marketing department.
Im just hoping this movie doesnt end up like Tomb Raider (2015)...forgotten 3.5 minutes after its release
speaking of marketing, do you have any thoughts on Nrs's lack of marketing for this movie. I would think a new MK movie in 2021 would be kind of a big deal. VERY STRANGE!

Art Lean

Noob
MK2021's official Techno Syndrome remix (to me sounds a bit-too-10-years ago, not a dubstep fan, but glad the heritage is being respected):

It can't beat the original Immortals versions from The Album, the 95 soundtrack, the Annihilation Promo 97 Mix or Annihilation's final soundtrack mix, least of all the master of them all in my opinion, Utah Saints' monstrously awesome version from the 95 movie, but it's still a fun rendition and glad the movie has its own remix onboard.

Granted it's also nowhere near as good as Psykosonik's It Has Begun which is so similar it's practically a remix too, but still, glad they've gone old school and given the new movie its own Techno Syndrome mix, that feels like a truly wonderful passing of the torch even if in my ageing years, to me at least, it can't compare to the classic renditions from the past.

Last edited:

MCPeePants

Bout it
Thethiny (the dataminer), is from a country where the movie has released. He has given it an 8-9/10 for a MK movie and a 10/10 for a non-MK movie.

That hypes me.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Thethiny (the dataminer), is from a country where the movie has released. He has given it an 8-9/10 for a MK movie and a 10/10 for a non-MK movie.

That hypes me.
That sounds awesome...

I wish it turns out to be true. So far I've seen two (deliberately) bad reviews from "haters", and some others that give me the impression of a 7,5/10 movie...

Art Lean

Noob
Well I think it’s safe to say we already definitely don’t have another Annihilation on our hands. May seem like faint praise but some were being so negative about the movie a few months ago that they were honestly expecting something worse. But given that there’s even a few things I genuinely like in that terrible film (can’t put enough emphasise on the word “few”), I know I’m certainly going to find enjoyment in the new one given the feedback and footage so far! :cool:

Look, anyone expecting this movie to be bad or some kind of letdown are probably just hung up on the fact that:

A) it took really long for this movie finally to be released - i.e. high expectations
B) didn't get anything until January / February in terms of footage - NRS marketing PTSD
C) Johnny Cage is not in it and some characters look bad - fear of inaccuracy
D) the Annihilation PTSD - self explanatory
E) the nostalgia of 95 movie - flawless victory, or was it?
F) Cole Young - new character

It's probably a combination of these and while I get it, none of this should stop you from enjoying the movie. Given the budget, it looks pretty damn good. It focuses on Scorpion and Sub-Zero, so no need to even compare it too much to the 95 movie. No Johnny but Young, oh no what are we going to do? We got Art Lean in the original and Liu Kang fought a random dude. From the trailer it looks like all fights will be MK characters so what is really the issue? That we didn't get a character who's a Hollywood reject actor with green magic, boohoo...there's plenty of comedic relief and they have big plans for him in the 2nd movie so..

Mileena doesn't really look Tarkatan, Reiko looks dumb, Goro looks like a ninja turtle and Reptile like a 90s ninja turtle movie reject. Does this bother me, of course it does, but what about Goro in the original, Scorpion and Sub-Zero with the lame ass costumes, Kitana just a woman with nothing to really characterize her as such. Or a white actor cast as Raiden? Sure we all love it now, but had it been released in this day and age, we would've raised hell over that. The original was not without its flaws either and where it might fail in character's accurate portrayal, it more than makes up for it in other areas. Look at the action scenes, the blood, the fire dragon etc.

All the trailers look hype AF and I'm sure even non-MK fans are agreeing. Now reviews have come out that it's going to be good so there's literally zero reasons to go into this with any negativity. Skepticism is good, think it's bad and be pleasantly surprised, but to feel before you've seen it you won't like it because some characters look off or it doesn't have Johnny is just silly. I am worried a lot of villains will just be fodder, even Goro who they've claimed has an important part in the story, and easily killed. I am also worried it won't have the right feel to it with the lack of magical, non-earth like environments and that the lore takes a backseat to the fighting and gore. Still, at least it looks good, it is different and it's here!

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
MK2021's official Techno Syndrome remix (to me sounds a bit-too-10-years ago, not a dubstep fan, but glad the heritage is being respected):

It can't beat the original Immortals versions from The Album, the 95 soundtrack, the Annihilation Promo 97 Mix or Annihilation's final soundtrack mix, least of all the master of them all in my opinion, Utah Saints' monstrously awesome version from the 95 movie, but it's still a fun rendition and glad the movie has its own remix onboard.

Granted it's also nowhere near as good as Psykosonik's It Has Begun which is so similar it's practically a remix too, but still, glad they've gone old school and given the new movie its own Techno Syndrome mix, that feels like a truly wonderful passing of the torch even if in my ageing years, to me at least, it can't compare to the classic renditions from the past.
God this movie's gonna suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.