What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
Yes, some stuff in the forge costs souls, even hearts. When you out in an item it tells you the costs for forging. Some items have a cost of 500 souls alone so if you use 3 of them that’s 1,500 souls for crafting! And if you have the wrong item your forge try will fail and use up the souls regardless!!! You won’t lose the items at least but still.
The 500 souls items are needed to craft gear, that's why you only have one of each. You'll never use them together, only with other low cost random ingredients.

Thanks. How about those Sub-Zero Ninja Stars. The guide has it where you use Copper + that green bottle thing only like the recipe. It doesn't work.

Because you need a third ingredient to do a recipe. In that specific case we still don't know what it it.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
The 500 souls items are needed to craft gear, that's why you only have one of each. You'll never use them together, only with other low cost random ingredients.

Because you need a third ingredient to do a recipe. In that specific case we still don't know what it it.
Crafting shinnoks amulet requires 3 items that cost 500 souls. So to craft the amulet you need 1,500 souls....and 60,000 coins

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Looking for some help opening the Flaming Chest in the Lower Courtyard. Coordinates or even a screenshot of where the Lantern to douse the flames is would be greatly appreciated.

Inzzane_79

Looking for some help opening the Flaming Chest in the Lower Courtyard. Coordinates or even a screenshot of where the Lantern to douse the flames is would be greatly appreciated.
Isn’t that the one behind the statues? The lantern for that is only visible with kenshis blindfold on and is above the most left statue

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Where is scorpions spear lol ive ran out of currency twice now and still havent found it

HAMMER

Noob
What're these random sounds like a meteor is falling from the sky and crashing down when outside mean? Just random shit? Anyone else think there's more to the Krypt than so far discovered? Or, is this just a strategy by Boon & Co. to have players involved in it more?

Inzzane_79

Where is scorpions spear lol ive ran out of currency twice now and still havent found it
In order to get Scorpion’s Spear you will need to get the Cracked Horn of Motaro first. After you have the horn, head to the Warrior Shrine and use the horn on the big gold door. Follow the path down until you find the elevator and take that as well. Once you are off the elevator, run straight until you get a cut scene about the dead champion in the chair. Look to the right of the chair there is a tiny hallway you can go down. Follow the hallway to the end and inside the room at the end you will find Scorpion’s Spear

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I've opened all chests in the Krypt now other than maybe 2 heart chests, and I still don't have everything that can be unlocked in the Krypt. There are still gear and costumes that are locked and says will be unlocked in the Krypt... meaning I have to either go hunt for Kronika Vaults or throw koins in the Shrine.

When Derek explained to us that the chests contain the same stuff for everyone, but the placement was just randomised for each player, I was completely alright with that. Then we learned that some chests are fixed for everyone, like the heart chests, which I think is really nice! And the Kronika Vaults popping up here and there, all giving some nice stuff as well, just felt like a nice surprise!

But with every chest opened and every part of the Krypt unlocked... I'm kinda disappointed that there's still gear and skins I haven't gotten from that place, because of the Shrine. And it's not even consistent with the stuff you get from that. I was told that 75k koins would give you skins and gear, yet I've gotten mere augments from it several times. And I've seen other people pour koins into the Shrine and gotten a skin they already had unlocked!

I don't think that's okay.
Yes, the grind to unlock all chests and areas in the Krypt were tedious, but at least we knew there was something waiting for us behind it! Though the chests' placement were randomised, we knew there were a certain number of them and after opening all of them, we would all have gotten the same stuff! At least that's what Derek said in the post-launch Kombat Kast.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get this off my chest. I love this game, it's fun and beautiful, but this just rubbed me the wrong way. :/

Inzzane_79

What're these random sounds like a meteor is falling from the sky and crashing down when outside mean? Just random shit? Anyone else think there's more to the Krypt than so far discovered? Or, is this just a strategy by Boon & Co. to have players involved in it more?
The meteor sound is a meteor falling down, most of the time in the beginning area. Hit the meteor with you hammer to get a random reward

Inzzane_79

I've opened all chests in the Krypt now other than maybe 2 heart chests, and I still don't have everything that can be unlocked in the Krypt. There are still gear and costumes that are locked and says will be unlocked in the Krypt... meaning I have to either go hunt for Kronika Vaults or throw koins in the Shrine.

When Derek explained to us that the chests contain the same stuff for everyone, but the placement was just randomised for each player, I was completely alright with that. Then we learned that some chests are fixed for everyone, like the heart chests, which I think is really nice! And the Kronika Vaults popping up here and there, all giving some nice stuff as well, just felt like a nice surprise!

But with every chest opened and every part of the Krypt unlocked... I'm kinda disappointed that there's still gear and skins I haven't gotten from that place, because of the Shrine. And it's not even consistent with the stuff you get from that. I was told that 75k koins would give you skins and gear, yet I've gotten mere augments from it several times. And I've seen other people pour koins into the Shrine and gotten a skin they already had unlocked!

I don't think that's okay.
Yes, the grind to unlock all chests and areas in the Krypt were tedious, but at least we knew there was something waiting for us behind it! Though the chests' placement were randomised, we knew there were a certain number of them and after opening all of them, we would all have gotten the same stuff! At least that's what Derek said in the post-launch Kombat Kast.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get this off my chest. I love this game, it's fun and beautiful, but this just rubbed me the wrong way. :/
I feel your pain bro! Only way is handing in couns to reset chests to have more rng luck. Not fun....not fun at all!

drewrman

There is no knowledge that is not power.
I used it to double check if I've unlocked everything, and it seems to be correct except for ONE invisible chest in the very first room you start in which is on the opposite side of the other hidden chest.
it also doesn't indicate the invisible statue in shang tsung's treasure cache (to the left of his throne room) that contains jacqui's intro/outro.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I used the map to unlock everything including all invis chests there,, and I did, except 8 heart chest and the 10k chest.
Statistics say 474 chests opened, so the map has 483 chests on it.

I still don't want to believe that I have to random refill chests to get all the rest of the gear. I refuse.
What happened to "600 chest total" "hand crafted chests" and "all players who open all chests get the same stuff".

ICH REFUZãN

I used the map to unlock everything including all invis chests there,, and I did, except 8 heart chest and the 10k chest.

I still don't want to believe that I have to random refill chests to get all the rest of the gear. I refuse.
What happened to "600 chest total" "hand crafted chests" and "all players who open all chests get the same stuff".

ICH REFUZãN
You can also get stuff from the Kollector, the Forge, and the Shrine.

ICH REFUZãN
Either they were bullshitting us (very possible) or there are 120+ handcrafted chests among the infinite refills (LUL). Don't know which is worse. Also, like others have said, a lot of Krypt stuff is with the Kollector and the Slot Machine Shrine.