What's new

More Mortal Kombat 1 gameplay videos!

These vids definitely seem better than what was shown in SGF. Does give a MK11 vibe but different/better?

Still not a fan of the whole kameo concept... but i guess they needed a gimmick, and it definitely will make things interesting.

Fatalities input are super easy, and looks like is the same input for all characters
They may as well just make them happen automatically at the end of round...

Crazy how they've gone from being if you don't know the code or can't do it once in 3secs > to giving you practice options > to extended times > to a universal input.

trufenix

bye felicia
Could not imagine pausing / rewind such exclusive footage just to talk more, everyone is on 100% of the time now.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I hope that's the case for flawless block, im ok with something like this.

I'm not sure we seen all special moves that Kenshi has, so maybe there is TF somewhere(and parry). I've noticed stance thing, not a fan of stances myself but we will see how it goes.
In one of the videos out there from a Brazilian stream they scroll through his move list. He has push, overhead slash, rising karma and the moves derived from that ronin clone. Maybe one of them gives him some full screen threat, they didn't test everything.

I also saw he has some sort of mid range fast blue orb he can use pretty much from starting distance.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Now for the real questions:

If Havik is playable, who is the best Kameo to partner him with? I would say Reiko due to the comic, but chances are he's playable and not a Kameo.

KCJ506

Noob
Not sure how most people are gonna feel about this, but it's been confirmed that Kameos will always be apart of the matches and that there aren't any 1 vs 1 modes.

ismael4790

Not sure how most people are gonna feel about this, but it's been confirmed that Kameos will always be apart of the matches and that there aren't any 1 vs 1 modes.

It makes sense, it seems all the game has been designed around them. Even the breaker mechanic. Kameos look interesting visually and bring lots of possibilities. Will they be too many? Time will tell. Picking the appropriate kameo will probably allow you to cover the problems your main character has (bad zoning, lack of good launchers, etc). On paper it can be even more complex than variations since you can combine each character with a lot of kameos.

I didn't expect this kind of feature, but will see how it plays out. They have eliminated many new mechanics that were introduced in MK11 and brought back some from mk9 and X (3 bars, some armor moves and breaker) which is their way of admitting the combination of mechanics the previous game had didn't work as they expected. So far for me it looks interesting. I pretty much skipped mk11 entirely but will try this one, although I doubt I can put as much time into it as with MKX which is probably the game I've played the most.

The only concern is that breaker might be too expensive, not only costing 3 bars but also eliminating all access to kameo tools, I expected it to be 2 bars + depleting kameo meter. Will see how it goes.

Last edited:

Agilaz

It has begun
It makes sense, it seems all the game has been designed around them. Even the breaker mechanic.

I didn't expect this kind of feature, but will see how it plays out. They have eliminated many new mechanics that were introduced in MK11 and brought back some from mk9 and X which is their way of admitting the previous game didn't work as they expected. So far for me it looks interesting. The only concern is that breaker might be too expensive, not only costing 3 bars but also eliminating all access to kameo tools, I expected it to be 2 bars + depleting kameo meter. Will see how it goes.
Breakers should be expensive tbh. It's too early to tell how fast meter generation happens, but I remember in MKX at least meter generation was EXTREMELY lopsided for a few characters. As long it's somewhat even this time, 3 bars + kameo should be fine

ismael4790

Breakers should be expensive tbh. It's too early to tell how fast meter generation happens, but I remember in MKX at least meter generation was EXTREMELY lopsided for a few characters. As long it's somewhat even this time, 3 bars + kameo should be fine
Yes, we have to see the full context of this game, the damage of combos, meter regeneration rate, if we have meterless launchers, if there is any other defensive mechanic or not (apparently rolls and similar stuff are gone), etc.

I agree they should be expensive, however at this point they can't be more expensive, they literally drain everything.

MetBart

Noob
I don't like the kameos idea at all, probably to the extent that I seriously consider not buying the game for the first time since Armageddon, and the only reason I didn't buy Deadly Alliance and Deception was that I got my PS2 quite late. For the same reason I didn't buy Dragon Ball FighterZ. It's sad that the very essence of fighting fames (1v1) is not a given, while IMO it should be the untouchable core :(

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Your Kameo has two bars, and each bar takes 9-10 seconds to fill.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Pro teabaggers including me always doing it like; holding the analog to right or left than quickly press down until the finisher time ends, in this method you can move right or left and teabag at the same time, so that might still be exist.

Pro teabaggers including me always doing it like; holding the analog to right or left than quickly press down until the finisher time ends, in this method you can move right or left and teabag at the same time, so that might still be exist.
It looked to me like when he tea bagged and the taunt came out, the losing character fell over immediately meaning that the taunt causes the fatality window to expire. This means during fatality window you can only press down 4 times max.

I could be wrong though.

Last edited: