What's new

More Mortal Kombat 1 gameplay videos!

subzert

Frozen Soul
I found this not English language live stream of Mortal Kombat 1 gameplay demo.

Ketchup and Mustard's hands-on impressions video

Intros collection

Fatal Blows and Fatalities

Gamespot's Mr. Ed Boon interview

Tea bagging now gives a proper taunt

Caboose's video

IGN's video

IGN's preview video

Super's video

GameSpot video

This is raw unedited 26min 4K UHD footage from Jeff Gerstmann

Justin Wong's video

Gamer's little playground more intro dialogues

Maximilian Dood's gameplay and impressions

Super's video without commentary

Uncagedgames vs Caboose day 2 video

SonicFox's Kitana breakdown

SonicFox's Kenshi breakdown

Roofelmonger's preview and impressions video, this one is really nice

Warner play parte 2(not English)

Last edited:

subzert

Frozen Soul
Also it looks like they build that is hands-on for press and influencers has 4 main fighters and 3 Kameo fighter with 2 stages like shown on SummerGameFest showcase.

Main fighters
Sub-Zero
Lui Kang
Kitana
Kenshi

Kameos
Sonya
Jax
Kano

subzert

Frozen Soul
The much anticipated hands-on impressions video from Ketchup & Mustard is here!

Roofelmonger's preview of Sub-Zero

Jayshockblast's 4k videos

UncagedGames capture video

Last edited:

subzert

Frozen Soul
It looks like various Kameo assist moves will take up variable amount of portions from the auto generating Kameo meter. And depending on that we can use them multiple times in a combo string.

It looks like various Kameo assist moves will take up variable amount of portions from the auto generating Kameo meter. And depending on that we can use them multiple times in a combo string.
Yep. Bet breakers have the longest cooldown

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
so in general it looks BETTER and DARKER and more MORTAL-ISH during today's gameplay. I'm not sold yet, but they can still get me with some wise roster choices and less cartoonish stuff for upcoming releases.

Gameplay-wise, I'm holding my horses. Never been a pro and was digging more on the MK lore/climax rather than FG mechanics.

Got 3 interesting references from intros:

1. Liu Kang is speaking about Temple of Elements and Sub Zero wants to get there but Liu prevents him from doing it
  2. COUNTESS JADE, and how crucial is she. That might mean nothing but still get me hyped
  3. war in the underworld led by Kenshi - could be some sort of reimagining the Red/Black Dragon thing.

so in general it looks BETTER and DARKER and more MORTAL-ISH during today's gameplay. I'm not sold yet, but they can still get me with some wise roster choices and less cartoonish stuff for upcoming releases.

Gameplay-wise, I'm holding my horses. Never been a pro and was digging more on the MK lore/climax rather than FG mechanics.

Got 3 interesting references from intros:

1. Liu Kang is speaking about Temple of Elements and Sub Zero wants to get there but Liu prevents him from doing it
  2. COUNTESS JADE, and how crucial is she. That might mean nothing but still get me hyped
  3. war in the underworld led by Kenshi - could be some sort of reimagining the Red/Black Dragon thing.
Sub also says about Shang's experiments

My takes from those videos:

Regular Meter:
  • Regular meter: same as MK9/X, fills when you hit the opponent, get hit, etc
  • Breaker is attached to regular meter and costs all 3 bars
  • Enhanced moves same as MK11, cost regular meter
Kameo
  • "Kameo meter" fills automatically, same as MK11 bar
  • Kameo moves seem to cost 1/2 "kameo meter"
  • Kameos have FORWARD throws, combo extensions (medium damage - you can continue using your character) and combo enders (high damage - you character is animation stuck and cannot move)
  • You can actually hit the Kameo to interrupt his attack (in fact your Kameo can hit your opponent Kameo)
  • You can use your Kameo as a meat shield to block an attack
  • Kameo moves have some depth, for example you can cancel and delay Kano ball
Moves
  • Strings input are very simple (neutral/directional button + sequence of buttons)
  • Strings don't have mix ups (you can see in the move list, it says "block type" meaning that you shouldn't have a low/overhead mix in the same string)
  • Air string/moves that extend combos
  • Back throws are performed by your main character
  • Forward throws are performed by your kameo and consume kameo bar
  • You can clearly see at 2:49 and 4:52 that Liu Kang fails to do the forward throw, but it's because his Kameo is animation locked doing another move, not because he doesn't have kameo meter. You need your kameo ready to do a forward throw, and it doesn't consume any meter.
Gameplay and other stuff
  • Fully fleshed characters, no variations, no "pick your moves" thanks god
  • Flawless block is back
  • Fatal blow same as MK11, but it seems it doesn't have armor (nice)
  • Fatalities input are super easy, and looks like is the same input for all characters

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

Regular Meter:
Kameo
  • Kameo moves seems to cost 1/2 "kameo meter"
  • Kameos have throws, combo extensions (medium damage - you can continue using your character) and combo enders (high damage - you character is animation stuck and cannot move)
  • You can actually hit the Kameo to interrupt his attack (in fact your Kameo can hit your opponent Kameo)
Moves
  • Strings input are very simple (neutral/directional button + sequence of buttons)
  • Strings don't have mix ups (you can see in the move list, it says "block type" meaning that you shouldn't have a low/overhead mix in the same string)
Gameplay and other stuff
  • Flawless block is back
  • Fatalities input are super easy, and looks like is the same input for all characters
wow, great analysis, pretty much a lot of new details, thanks ! :)

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

Regular Meter:
Kameo
  • Kameos have throws, combo extensions (medium damage - you can continue using your character) and combo enders (high damage - you character is animation stuck and cannot move)
Moves
Gameplay and other stuff
  • Flawless block is back
"Variations" might still be hidden in this game, in the sense that depending on your kameo pick you will probably get completely different additional properties to complement your core moves.

Skybox

Noob

Regular Meter:
Kameo
Moves
  • Here you can see Liu Kang doing some kind of throw push, so my guess is that if you don't have enough kameo meter, you can't forward throw your opponent:
Gameplay and other stuff
  • Flawless block is back
I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS: What if you can accidentally waste your Fatal blow on the Kameo, BUT: THEY CANNOT BRING OUT the
kameo for like 30 seconds afterwards?

Regular Meter:
Kameo
Moves
  • Here you can see Liu Kang doing some kind of throw push, so my guess is that if you don't have enough kameo meter, you can't forward throw your opponent:
Gameplay and other stuff
  • Flawless block is back
Made some updates to throws!

Back throws: are performed by your main char
Forward throws: are performed by your Kameo and cost kameo meter! you cannot forward throw if you don't have enought meter, so yeah, grabs have been nerfed
Ok it was pretty confusing, you can clearly see at 2:49 and 4:52 that Liu Kang fails to do the forward throw, but it's because his Kameo is animation locked doing another move, not because he doesn't have kameo meter. You need your kameo ready to do a forward throw, and it doesn't consume any meter.

Last edited:
One thing I didn't catch, can kameo moves be used at any point on-demand (like, any frame during a kombo string?)? It seemed like a couple of them freeze your core character, but for some of them I wonder if different kombo routes are possible based on when in the string you trigger the kameo move. I kinda had in my head that a string would basically be like you dial in the kombo with the kameo button as one of the inputs to the dialed string, but I wonder if the kameo attack gets triggered when you press the kameo button. So rather than 122K1, is it 1221 and then you have to active the kameo at the right time when the string comes out?