What's new

More Mortal Kombat 1 gameplay videos!

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
It looked to me like when he tea bagged and the taunt came out, the losing character fell over immediately meaning that the taunt causes the fatality window expire. This means during fatality window you can only press down 4 times max.

I could be wrong though.
The reason why i assume that might be exist, NRS Era MK games always allows you to press analog and Dpad at the same time. if this is not the case this time we can only get taunt instead.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
The more gameplay I watch the more amazing it looks, the gameplay trailer did NOT do it justice, like at all dude.
This is exactly what I’ve been thinking
After watching basically every gameplay video or stream i can, that trailer did a pretty poor job at showing how nutty some of the stuff in this game can be. I’m still going to remain cautious, but it’s looking like finally an MK I can grind for hours on end again (and not single player this time!)

Funny how much something as simple as normal meter and meterless launchers can boost my hype immediately lmao

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I probably missed it with the barrage of videos that were posted yesterday but has anyone seen Liu Kang's fatality?

edit: Just saw it. Awesome! It's the one from the reveal trailer.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Here's the main menu music and I do have to say, this is absolutely beautiful. Yes it's annoying they've followed on from MK11 with the whole 'single piece of music playing over every menu', but with the blue skies, serene ambient music and gorgeous oriental atmosphere, I think I'll be absolutely fine with this:

Last edited:
It's MK1 after all. I'm happy to see Shang Tsung return in full force, he was great in MK11 but now he's back angrier than ever.
Sure hope he fucks shit up and isn't a total joke in story . It's been a while since Mortal Kombat villains have scored a major W and this is a pretty good chance to remedy that

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Don't understand why they wouldn't also reduce blockstun or at least give you more meter. You know, like other just guard type mechanics found in various fighting games
Maybe it does in the end, up block works like that.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
He's not even supposed to exist after Liu's ending
I imagine that even in the new era, the likes of Shang Tsung have to exist, if only because certain things are inevitable, and certain people. As a God, Liu has to take that into account when making his new idealised realm. Or he's Shang from another time line, the one that saw him win at the end of Aftermath, which seems more likely, but I'm so over multiple timeline story arcs.

He's not even supposed to exist after Liu's ending
Or some multiverse shenanigans happened that allowed for both Shang and Liu endings to technically be canon in their own way. I mean it's a Mortal Kombat game/story - you kinda have to have a conflict going on so there's a reason for people to fight. I don't mind putting focus on localised issues like the Edenian princess struggle or whatever else might be going on, but the overall plot also needs to be there, you know?

The much anticipated hands-on impressions video from Ketchup & Mustard is here!

They said "you cannot cancel dash with block in this game"

So if you are in the middle of a dash animation but you hit the block button right before a fire ball hits you, will you block the fireball or not?

Kokoko

Somehow
They said "you cannot cancel dash with block in this game"

So if you are in the middle of a dash animation but you hit the block button right before a fire ball hits you, will you block the fireball or not?
You won't block it. But you can cancel dashes by crouching. So, if you press Down + block, you will block the projectile. Or if the projectile is high, like most projectiles in NRS games, you can crouch under it without blocking.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Uncaged could be the first person to officially unveil playable Goro, and I would STILL prefer to staple my nutsack to the ceiling than give him any views.

Can't wait for K&M's coverage
Did Uncaged fuck your bitch or something?