What's new

More Mortal Kombat 1 gameplay videos!

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Disregarding the return of Fatal Blow for a moment (which actually does seem to have armor @santanabar, looking at 5:41 in this GameSpot gameplay footage):

In a real match I think the game looks a LOT better than in the gameplay reveal. Animations look nicer, more oomph to each hit, I'm digging it.

Of course I'm most curious how it'll play once we actually get our hands on the game. Pretty graphics can only get you so far, hope we'll find out more about the more technical aspects of the gameplay soon.

D

Deleted member 59910

The strings are beautiful. Sub-Zero using his ice clone during strings is awesome. The jump seems slow, but certainly is something I can familiarize.
PS: The first video is in portuguese. If someone wants to know something discussed, will be a pleasure to translate. :p

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
okay, through today's videos i am convinced that it's much better than what i perceived yesterday. i'm so happy to see that there are some improvements to kitana's hair during loading screen clash animation, as well. i'm actually waiting for more but have become very optimistic. i hope brutalities are back.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Kountess Jade is mentioned during a clash between Kitana and Liu Kang

Immortal

Blind justice....
I still have mixed feelings.

Whole things kinda feel like somebody else said earlier - they were pretty deep into making Injustice 3 but since Warned axed old DCU and doing a reboot they scrapped the game too, so they restarted development based on the things they already have and named it Mortal Kombat.

Gameplay looks fine, althou i still think models in fight looks mediocre(kameo models look even worse but they come in for seconds so its not that bad), thou the particle effects and backgrounds look impressive. Never was a fan of Fatal Blows, still have armor on it(probably like MK11 so frame 6 or so). Also not sure about having armored moves and flawless block mechanic. Two things which let you steal oponnent turn seems much.

Minor thing, Kenshi winning the round sounded really out of character / cocky "smells like victory". Kinda weird but that's just me coz well... it's all about Kenshi. ;)

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I still have mixed feelings.

Whole things kinda feel like somebody else said earlier - they were pretty deep into making Injustice 3 but since Warned axed old DCU and doing a reboot they scrapped the game too, so they restarted development based on the things they already have and named it Mortal Kombat.

Gameplay looks fine, althou i still think models in fight looks mediocre(kameo models look even worse but they come in for seconds so its not that bad), thou the particle effects and backgrounds look impressive. Never was a fan of Fatal Blows, still have armor on it(probably like MK11 so frame 6 or so). Also not sure about having armored moves and flawless block mechanic. Two things which let you steal oponnent turn seems much.

Minor thing, Kenshi winning the round sounded really out of character / cocky "smells like victory". Kinda weird but that's just me coz well... it's all about Kenshi. ;)
Apparently, flawless block only works to reduce chip, nothing else.

Kenshi looks nice. No teleflurry, but they gave him that unique new stance.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Apparently, flawless block only works to reduce chip, nothing else.

Kenshi looks nice. No teleflurry, but they gave him that unique new stance.
I hope that's the case for flawless block, im ok with something like this.

I'm not sure we seen all special moves that Kenshi has, so maybe there is TF somewhere(and parry). I've noticed stance thing, not a fan of stances myself but we will see how it goes.

JINNOCIDE

The guys from Warner Bros Brazil interviewed Ed Boon and they said one of the questions was "Will we be seeing new characters that never showed up before" and Boon hesitated but then said "yes".

It was right after one of the guys interviewed him. The interview will come up in a couple days, maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 59910

I don’t know if it was said before here. If so, sorry being redundant… Jax ground pound causes damage to all characters on ground. You have to time it and jump after calling him.

JINNOCIDE

SPOILERs ahead:

Oh, also... Boon said that the kampaign mode is even bigger than MK11's, but is unsure if he was considering MK11 + Aftermath.

He also confirmed that ALL MODES will have kameos and the big bad is indeed Shang Tsung.

It's a given but he also confirmed guests characters.

JGillette

SPOILERs ahead:

Oh, also... Boon said that the kampaign mode is even bigger than MK11's, but is unsure if he was considering MK11 + Aftermath.

He also confirmed that ALL MODES will have kameos and the big bad is indeed Shang Tsung.

It's a given but he also confirmed guests characters.
thank you for your post. could you please provide a source if possible?

JGillette

I'm watching the Warner Bros Brazil livestream and one of the guys interviewed Boon around 30 minutes ago. He just came back and was giving little snippets of the interview.

He said the full interview will come out tomorrow.
thank you very much for that crucial info. have a wonderful day.