What's new

Money from fundraiser tournament

Noob
Ok, so now that Bone has officially decided not to come to NEC(unless something happens last minute), we have literally 1 week to get something done with the money.

Dan, you already purchased tickets for Jago, so as far as I'm concerned, that was your donation.

We all have put in some money at this point... and we can definitely use it to help Juggs get to the tournament, and we will do that. Tyler, CALL ME.

Right now, we are sitting at: $200 once I get paid by Tim and REO.

That will leave us with about $100 once we give Juggs that $100 he needs.

I think we should do one of a few things:

1. Keep it in the bank as funds for future use to help players get to tournaments. Keep in mind that Winter Brawl is in February.

2. Use the $100 to rent another hotel room at NEC to house players so that we aren't crowding 5-6 people in a room.

3. Use it for another player who needs some funding to get to NEC.

Thoughts?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
1. Keep it for future tournament needs
2. Rent another room, though this is not necessary imo

Ultimately, I think we should use it for future tournaments unless, we can benefit another player to go.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Your suggestions are very good, and I agree with all of them. I can't exactly think of anything else other than those honestly...and choosing one is very hard as well.

We may want to just save it until future tournaments.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Also, I want this throw this in... [off-topic] you can all use your custom user title to whatever you want. Bone and I decided that we are freeing up user titles to all users. I'll be making an announcement video soon about it. We have a new feature (in the works) for SP's to make up for their "lost" privilege.

Back to topic - This should most likely just be kept for future tournaments. Does RISSING need help? We should ask him.

Dark_Rob

Noob
These are all good thoughts. Im just gonna add if you guys want we could sweeten the UMK3 tournament pot with it. But whatever you guys decide is cool

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
These are all good thoughts. Im just gonna add if you guys want we could sweeten the UMK3 tournament pot with it. But whatever you guys decide is cool
This too ^... :)

Actually, I vote in favor of Rob's idea UNLESS we can help someone else to go to NEC.

Noob
The only reason I don't want to do that is because this money was donated with the specific purpose of helping someone in need of money get to a tournament, not so that other people could win it as prize money.

Dark_Rob

Noob
The only reason I don't want to do that is because this money was donated with the specific purpose of helping someone in need of money get to a tournament, not so that other people could win it as prize money.
What about a way everyone could benefit from it. Assuming Juggs comes and you said he needs $100 and assuming no one else thats coming needs the money we would have about $100 leftover. We could all go out to eat Saturday night and the $100 would cover most of it. Again Im just throwing out ideas IF the situation is that no one else needs it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
What about a way everyone could benefit from it. Assuming Juggs comes and you said he needs $100 and assuming no one else thats coming needs the money we would have about $100 leftover. We could all go out to eat Saturday night and the $100 would cover most of it. Again Im just throwing out ideas IF the situation is that no one else needs it.
Good idea with going out.

Also umm maybe helping jago pay me back some monies with donations lol

Or maybe throwing some gas money to shock for picking up check.

Idk just some ideas.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Just to be clear. $100 of it should definitely go to Juggs.

And if this next friday I get called in, and my official work-day is after NEC, and the money is still available, I can put in some of my own money(Considering that I have a job now), and use some of the donated money(Considering if its even available, depending on what you guys choose to do with the money at this point), and ill book a ticket right then and there.

I did not intend to bail out on this tournament, and if my first day at work is after NEC, I swear on life itself, I will book a ticket and go. I have no prior commitments, other than the possibility of work, and as far as school is concerned, everything has been worked out already. Me working before NEC is not official, but having to wait until the friday the store manager told me, is necessary for me.

I am not officially not attending NEC this year. Just to clear up some confusion from my prior post.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
We should wait until we know for sure whether we can help Bone or not. If Bone can go and we can get him there still then that is what we should do.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Just to be clear. $100 of it should definitely go to Juggs.

And if this next friday I get called in, and my official work-day is after NEC, and the money is still available, I can put in some of my own money(Considering that I have a job now), and use some of the donated money(Considering if its even available, depending on what you guys choose to do with the money at this point), and ill book a ticket right then and there.

I did not intend to bail out on this tournament, and if my first day at work is after NEC, I swear on life itself, I will book a ticket and go. I have no prior commitments, other than the possibility of work, and as far as school is concerned, everything has been worked out already. Me working before NEC is not official, but having to wait until the friday the store manager told me, is necessary for me.

I am not officially not attending NEC this year. Just to clear up some confusion from my prior post.
good to hear hope you can go..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I had a talk with Phil earlier today and he basically was asking if I could guarantee that I could go to NEC. If so I could get the $100 no problem. Though things have changed since then. Last week when I was looking at ticket prices, a round trip flight was $174 from Atlanta to Philly on the 3rd (Friday) to the 6th (Monday). I just took a look just to make sure things haven't changed, and unfortunately they have. I have $90 but can come up with probably around $150. This would have been fine + the $100. But now the ticket price has gone up and now is $240 just for the 4th to the 5th. So even with the $100 I would barely be able to pay for the ticket. So I would have virtually no money to enter the venue, tournaments, and be able to afford food + drinks.

I am really upset right now. After I talked to Phil earlier I was so excited, now I absolutely cannot believe my luck. I didn't expect the ticket prices to sky rocket like they did, so ridiculous. Actually, the same tickets that were $174 for Friday to Sunday, are now $470 freaking dollars. Though the Sat-Sun one is $240. I'm at a lost for words right now. I'm not going to ask for more than $100, because that would be just unfair. $100 was going to be crazy enough.

The only thing I can do right now is just hope that the prices go down. I knew I should have gotten the tickets when they were cheap, fuck my life.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
OMG, I found one for $170 again. This may be too good to be true...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
OMG, I found one for $170 again. This may be too good to be true...
juggs, if some one were to buy these tickets today would you then be 100% to going and be able to pay that person back 100% with the money you have and the donation money 9.95 has??

Boner tickets from Orange County, CA - SNA airport are at 123.00 today, but are slowly going up..

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Orange isnt even far from me. Thats where Gunz lives.

Too bad I have no choice but to wait for friday. If I have enough money with me, and there is still money from the tournament-fundraiser, I will go regardless.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Orange isnt even far from me. Thats where Gunz lives.

Too bad I have no choice but to wait for friday. If I have enough money with me, and there is still money from the tournament-fundraiser, I will go regardless.
yea i hear ya.. i think thats the only way for you to come if you can at a decent price. also when i say 123 thats one way. the total would be like 250 but thats still a great price ATM.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Booked the flight, I arrive 10:45 AM Saturday. I will still need the $100 though 100%, Phil said he could give it to me in person so we're good on that. I really appreciate this guys, this will be my first UMK3 tournament. Actually it will also be my first time on a plane, as well as first time in Philly. Can't wait to meet everyone!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Booked the flight, I arrive 10:45 AM Saturday. I will still need the $100 though 100%, Phil said he could give it to me in person so we're good on that. I really appreciate this guys, this will be my first UMK3 tournament. Actually it will also be my first time on a plane, as well as first time in Philly. Can't wait to meet everyone!

awesome :D we need to play some MK2 as well ;)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
yea i hear ya.. i think thats the only way for you to come if you can at a decent price. also when i say 123 thats one way. the total would be like 250 but thats still a great price ATM.
When you said 250, I almost cried...

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I was thinking about NEC today, and I thought of something...

Even if I start working before NEC, there is a big possibility that I could make this trip.

First of all, every saturday I will have off because of school. That is the same saturday I was going to miss regardless for the trip.

If I flew out to philly on friday, what time would my flight have to be, and upon my return to Cali, what day and at what time would I have to take my flight back? I can easily request a day for school-tutoring or something of that nature.