What's new

MLG commentary

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Have they decided who's going to commentate MLG? This is super important. We need a good voice for MK. I like Hitoshura for this. Entertaining but not too silly, plays the game, not too biased, won't overshadow the matches. Medina would also be good and deserves it after Final Round. Who do you think should be the commentators?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I am in full support of Hitoshura as well, He is so entertaining with the correct mix of game knowledge.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Pig and 9.95(phil) are my choices, secondaries would be Arturo, Medina, or Brady, I think Hito has a "little" too much spunk. It's our first appearance after all.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I think Hito should be one of the commentators, he seems to have a knack for it, and it makes the stream interesting for sure.

Espio

Kokomo
I'd like to see Pig of The Hut, the most unbiased and entertaining commentary I've heard in a while.

Medina + BeerguyEd was a great duo at FR.

Hito because he's funny and comes up with silly names for specials moves:p.

Those are the four commentators that I remember really well and loved their commentary.

NariTuba

disMember
Medina and BeerGuyEd provided us with the best commentary in MK to date by far.

They were never biased

They never talked about themselves, except for some light hearted comments on their own matches that were totally appropriate.

They never complained about characters, bugs, etc... no negativity

They were never obnoxious and/or overtly loud.

They never brought attention to themselves.

They remained objective and had great timing. Kept the commentary informative, entertaining and to the point.

They adressed the chat in JUST the right ammount, ignoring trolls and personal questions.

I nominate them without hesitation.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know they already have at least one person commentating MK9 at MLG. If you were in a certain room at FR you know who that person is. And apparently commentators are getting paid pretty substantially.

sn1kzZe

Mortal
Medina with someone, i dont care who.

hes motivated to do this, he brings fresh stuff, he keeps an eye on the chat (very important for viewers).

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Medina4Life, BeerGuyEd, Pig of the Hut, 9."Nothing doing"95, Osu16bit -> my fave commentators.

As long as the commentators aren't burping, calling female characters bit**es, arguing with trolls in stream chat and endlessly talking about game bugs it should be fine.

whutt no mann Tom brady needs to do this. But Hitoshura is good too, it probably should be hitoshura, everbody loves hitoshura man

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hito or pig because unlike alot,they talk about the match on the screen.
its sounds simple but alot of people want to "entertain" rather than commentate

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Hitoshura, BeerGuyEd, Medina4Life and Pig of the Hut are all really good commentators. I hope one or more gets the call up.