What's new

MLG Anaheim's Hype Tournament Moments - Discussion Thread

Definitely don't count jupiter out yet. This is the part of the movie where you think the monster has been slayed but really its just licking its wouds before it eviscerates one of the campers.
Yeah, Jupiter does tend to win a lot of these tournaments from losers bracket.

JLG

Noob
Definitely don't count jupiter out yet. This is the part of the movie where you think the monster has been slayed but really its just licking its wouds before it eviscerates one of the campers.
I was thinking it's more like when the star character gets beat down during the Act III fight with the bad guy. Then you see him get up after having a flashback to an earlier scene where his sensei gives him some vague Zen advice about trusting his instincts or being like water. Once the star gets back up and walks through fire, you know there's nothing that can save his opponent from an epic comeback.

And, yeah, I know "Be water" is a Bruce Lee quote.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
KH Syknis vs Rico (game 5: He won 3-2)
Syknis did not lose this match btw. If you pay attention to the timer, Syknis brings Rico's health down low enough to win the match. He won 3-2 today, and this was their second time playing in the tournament because the match yesterday didn't count.

Last edited:
Why are they not showing matches? What the fuck is going on? I look at the brackets and there are matches that completed and they are not even showing them. Or showing anything. Just watching a fucking splash screen.

Is MLG trolling all of us? I seriously don't get this at all.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Those footsies… Syknis lost after beating Rico yesterday?? I feel so bad for him :(
No, he won. If you pay attention to the match, you can watch the timer and Syknis brings Rico's health down low enough for Syknis to win the match. He was not showing disappointment, but shock from being basically mindblown that he beat Rico after such an intensely patient match.