What's new

MKXL vs MvC3 : Which game is a more fair?

I've never played MvC, but I see a lot of poster on here saying this is the "NRS's Marvel vs Capcom", in a sense that its chaotic, unbalanced, and full of wacky stuff I presume. Is MKXL more honest and stable than MvC?

Damn, typo in the title, should be "is more fair"

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
not only do you have to hold unblockables but once you fail to block you have to sit there for 5 mins and watch your character die
This more than any other reason is why I have no patience for playing it, but I have infinite respect for anyone willing to put in the years it's taken to stay relevant.

I can only imagine how many notations a scribbled up list of Marvel BnBs would consist of. Christ.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
MvC has had the best cast across all 3 games of every fighting game ever.

Due to the team and assist format as well, UMvC3 has the most creative potential out of all current fighting games.

Where else are you going to be able to play Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon and Dante?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I personally find MvC to be more fun even with all it's busted wackiness. From zoning, to rushdown, to neutral. I feel it's got a more free form approach and variety in it that NRS hasn't been able to create. I think once NRS settles on a system and actually takes the time to craft a fighting game, they'll have something. That's my take on just comparing them to decide what to play. Really just might be a preference thing. Cause even though MvC3 has infinites and crazy offense. MKx still has coin flip into coin flip while being safe and netting 30+% into more coin flip. Slow walk, crazy run and half screen safe combo starters. MvC just has a better system to deal with the gameplay imo.

Tweedy

Noob
the real question is why do more people play a game with infinites, outliving the lifespan of 3 nrs titles
How much common sense do you need, to realize that Capcom games live on for so long, because they don't come out with a new one every other year? No one is gonna play the old game, when the new one releases. Why would anyone play Injustice, when MKX comes out, with pot bonuses, the ESL, no further updates to Injustice, etc?

Has an NRS game been removed from the main stage at EVO, before the next game came out?

In terms of entrants and stream time, how far did SFIV fall after SFV released? Going by the "NRS games don't live very long", logic, the most popular fighting game ever just dropped off quite a bit randomly. It had nothing to do with SFV. I mean it's not even going to be on the main stage at EVO this year. How was it so popular last year? Wasn't there a 250K pot at Capcom Cup?

NRS games have actually grown in popularity. Correct me if i'm wrong, but EVO 2015 was the first year with a 1000+ entrant tournament, for an NRS game.

I think Street Fighter 4 not being a main stage game this year just shits all over statements like this. Even Street Fighter moves on, immediately after the next title releases. MK9 and Injustice didn't die after the next one released, because NRS games die. All games do.

How much common sense do you need, to realize that Capcom games live on for so long, because they don't come out with a new one every other year? No one is gonna play the old game, when the new one releases. Why would anyone play Injustice, when MKX comes out, with pot bonuses, the ESL, no further updates to Injustice, etc?

Has an NRS game been removed from the main stage at EVO, before the next game came out?

In terms of entrants and stream time, how far did SFIV fall after SFV released? Going by the "NRS games don't live very long", logic, the most popular fighting game ever just dropped off quite a bit randomly. It had nothing to do with SFV. I mean it's not even going to be on the main stage at EVO this year. How was it so popular last year? Wasn't there a 250K pot at Capcom Cup?

NRS games have actually grown in popularity. Correct me if i'm wrong, but EVO 2015 was the first year with a 1000+ entrant tournament, for an NRS game.

I think Street Fighter 4 not being a main stage game this year just shits all over statements like this. Even Street Fighter moves on, immediately after the next title releases. MK9 and Injustice didn't die after the next one released, because NRS games die. All games do.
People were playing sf4 since 2008. Also SFxT did fail in the scene so immediately moving on not so much.

Tweedy

Noob
People were playing sf4 since 2008. Also SFxT did fail in the scene so immediately moving on not so much.
SFIV was the most popular fighting game in the world last year and it now isn't even on the main stage at EVO.

MK9 and Injustice were on the main stage at EVO until the next one came out.

MKX is much more popular and has more money in it than MK9.

It's safe to assume that MK9 would be more popular now, than in 2011, if it continued to get updates and the other games never released.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
not only do you have to hold unblockables but once you fail to block you have to sit there for 5 mins and watch your character die

Kinda what Dragon does to Reo but instead of being combo'd he is chipped to dead?

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
MvC,by design, is a really chaotic game. It's not supposed to be fair or balanced, but mad fun.

MKX is more on a chaotic side compared to other more traditional 2d games like SFV, KoF and KI but it's still tamer than marvel.
The idea is that it has some really crazy stuff like looping hard-to-blockables, safe 50/50s, combos into restand, Run cancel jailing pressure with built in 50/50s. it's stuff that you don't usually see in "traditional 2d games" so it gets grouped up with games like Marvel/GG/Uniel where insane mechanics and really cheap stuff is more of the norm.

Hell, in SFV Mika has a reset in the corner that forces you to take a mixup and people are losing their mind over it. Imagine if they had to deal with the shit in MKX lol.

Last edited:

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
If we're going by how "technically" broken it is, MVC3 has several crazy glitches, including a couple game breakers.