What's new

MKXL Top 8 at Summer Jam X Is Set

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Only reason dualist isn't worst in game is cause kang in general had good buttons.

Dualist is so far below FF and DF it's not even funny. Dualist isn't underrated FYI...it's bad. Elite is just good.
I believe Dualist is low mid tier and has multiple 3-7 mu
Yeah. Dualist is not tournament viable, but Forever Elite is. ;)

Slymind

Noob
Only reason dualist isn't worst in game is cause kang in general had good buttons.

Dualist is so far below FF and DF it's not even funny. Dualist isn't underrated FYI...it's bad. Elite is just good.
I believe Dualist is low mid tier and has multiple 3-7 mu
But even if the variation is overall below the other two, there must be at least some upside, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to Elite to ever pick it.

The stance change used in pressure, does not use stamina, which is required for cances in DF, and mb Light ball to corner combo. Just guessing here from what i've observed from Forever Elite.

Anyway, props to him, his Liu Kang is great and hopefully we will see more of it.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY
Like sonicfox, kp, illusions, and many other players said.
Dualist is a very good but also a very bad variation.
Dualist is not tournament viable but is very useful in some mus.
Dualist has a top 6 corner game but is very bad anywhere else.
Dualist is mid tier.
This should be the general consensus of dualist from now on until he gets buffs

Slymind

Noob
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
Dualist is mid tier.
You use Dualist as your "leading" variation, but, would you say that Dualist works better as a suprise variation on special occasions?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
A few weeks ago, Elite beat me 10-3 and I play Grandmaster Sub lmao and that should have been extremely slanted in my favor. Granted, he was the first Dualist I had played ever but I'm glad I got bodied by a badass.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So....I had to leave early and missed the top 3, but judging from the comments, I'll go ahead and guess that it was an all Alien grand finals between Dragon and Fox?

It had to have been bad, considering there isn't even an article up about it.

Anyway, the games I saw prior to GF were awesome. Loved seeing a bunch of different characters represented. Elite's Dualist is awesome.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Just a heads up.... KombatNetwork requires subscription to watch Past Broadcasts... so unless you are watching live you gotta fork over the cash or wait for someone to youtube it.

I do not know why these guys charge so much for subscription.. 5bucks USD for 2 days of content... that is nearly the same cost as a full month of access to the entire Netflix library. Anyone remember the EVO streams with like 5 people subscribes and able to talk.

Do yourself a favor, do the scene a favor and drop the process to something reasonable. Something that 90% of the chat will go.. hey.. sure.. why not. No one is saying that charging for past broadcasts or chat privilege is unfair.. but 5bucks? That is just two much. You gotta look at the cost of other streaming media around the net.

Leave it at 5 and you will get hardly anyone spending the cash.. drop it lower to something trivial for a individual and you will probably get 1000 subs and then as it adds up the cash will flow into support you.
No it doesn't. What the fuck are you even talking about.

Not only do we offer that for free but we also upload everything to YouTube.

loogie

Noob
the death of MK competitively...
yes folks.. this is it
how cheap, braindead, and broken Alien is ..
I sure hope he gets normalized soon, let's not say 'nerfed', just balance some of his tools. just too overwhelming to fight against. this is way more broken than Kabal ever was in MK9, at least he required execution. the way the game is going right now, if there is no balance patch in the works I just don't see it having any hype any more.

Noob
yes folks.. this is it
I sure hope he gets normalized soon, let's not say 'nerfed', just balance some of his tools. just too overwhelming to fight against. this is way more broken than Kabal ever was in MK9, at least he required execution. the way the game is going right now, if there is no balance patch in the works I just don't see it having any hype any more.
Yup, Alien is killing the hype. Hurry up with the patch NRS.

yes folks.. this is it
Very true. Plus, I quit playing this game when KP2 dropped, as so many others I know did too, as the hype died then imo.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
Dualist is mid tier.
Bro, Dualist has over 45 losing matchups (it's not only me saying it... look your vid about Dualist's matchups)... Dualist is low-mid tier. But you are high tier :p that is why you made 4th ;)

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
Naginata tanya was so hype. I think i may try to learn it. Also new life had been breathed into my old main jason. Back to the lab!!!