What's new

Breakthrough - TriBorg MKXL PATCH THOUGHTS

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
What bothers me bout the bots is the change of on hit frame data. The bots all have high hitting attack strings so their nuetral is below average. Some dont have alot of reach like some other characters b3 was slowed down .d3 on hit is +12 so im not even getting much for poking out. Its just frustrating

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
then can you please define what a vortex is?
It's just a continuous loop. Doesn't need to be a restand, oh/low, etc. It's just a mixup that leads into the same mixup until it's stopped.

Like in SF4, characters like akuma, cammy and ibuki had a vortex because they had mixups after a knockdown that were hard to block because the crossups were insane.

NRS just made them stupid by adding restands and safe 50/50s into the mix.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
It's just a continuous loop. Doesn't need to be a restand, oh/low, etc. It's just a mixup that leads into the same mixup until it's stopped.

Like in SF4, characters like akuma, cammy and ibuki had a vortex because they had mixups after a knockdown that were hard to block because the crossups were insane.

Yeah Johnny has that lol. Jailing pressure> > mix up> nut punch > jailing pressure > mix up> nutpunch.

Its a continuous loop that leads into the same mix up until its stopped is it not?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
????

it is an oh or a low situation and it is unreactible.

im confused to what you are arguing with.

no doesn't really elaborate your thoughts.

like i said before have no clue what a small community of 300 daily members defines a vortex. but for me its any situation that your opponent is forced to guess an OH or a LOW after a stagger or restand.

scorpions vortex was a stagger string that caused them to block either low or overhead and if they guessed wrong then they where right back into combo into the same situation.

Johnny cage is no different.

doesn't matter if its aliens Acid Blood being super plus on block forcing them to guess 50/50
and it doesn't matter where it comes from, the fact im getting at is

no matter if it comes from a CSZ standing 3, a special, a normal, a restand(bo rai cho/Johnny)

it still causes them to be constantly forced to Guess between either OH or Low and they are in fact unreactible.

until someone can logically define what they believe a vortex is, and why i am incorrect. i have nothing to say, and don't feel i have to when a persons response is an De-constructive NO without explanation to add to the thread.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
????

it is an oh or a low situation and it is unreactible.

im confused to what you are arguing with.

no doesn't really elaborate your thoughts.

like i said before have no clue what a small community of 300 daily members defines a vortex. but for me its any situation that your opponent is forced to guess an OH or a LOW after a stagger or restand.

scorpions vortex was a stagger string that caused them to block either low or overhead and if they guessed wrong then they where right back into combo into the same situation.

Johnny cage is no different.

doesn't matter if its aliens Acid Blood being super plus on block forcing them to guess 50/50
and it doesn't matter where it comes from, the fact im getting at is

no matter if it comes from a CSZ standing 3, a special, a normal, a restand(bo rai cho/Johnny)

it still causes them to be constantly forced to Guess between either OH or Low and they are in fact unreactible.

until someone can logically define what they believe a vortex is, and why i am incorrect. i have nothing to say, and don't feel i have to when a persons response is an De-constructive NO without explanation to add to the thread.
I'm not denying Cage is a ridiculous character, but he doesn't have a vortex. His 11, F2 and 113 mixups are actually reactable. His pressure is OD though especially with his restands.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'm not denying Cage is a ridiculous character, but he doesn't have a vortex. His 11, F2 and 113 mixups are actually reactable. His pressure is OD though especially with his restands.
they are only reactible alone. (if it was a raw 11 into F24 or a raw 11 into 113 it would be reactible)
but thats not what we are talking about here.

but what we are talking about here is when Johnny uses F3~SKRC into 11

they have to react to the F2 or the 3 from 113 alone.

and thats well below 20 frames.

so it is in fact a Vortex, and is in fact unreactible.

if you could down poke the 11 it would be reactible, but u cant poke the 11 because the cancel advantage after F3 SKRC.

and yes he is a ridiculous character to say the least.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
they are only reactible alone. (if it was a raw 11 into F24 or a raw 11 into 113 it would be reactible)

if you could down poke the 11 it would be reactible, but u cant poke the 11 because the cancel advantage after F3 SKRC.

He can actually do 333xxSKRC, F3xxSKRC, 11 to get more chip, or just 333 if you wanna save stamina. I dunno, it's just not really a traditional vortex, it's a restand into very strong pressure, but what you're saying is pretty much true so ill just leave it there.

Cjrxxx

OH MY DAYS
I genuinely don't think that NRS listens as much as they claim, or maybe they're listening to the wrong people. Besides the unblockable loops, Cyrax was pretty fair and didn't need adjusting. They're plugging holes that weren't leaking, all while ignoring variations that were day one (I've never seen a high tech or hat trick online).

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008

5/7 great troll

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008

Also if he abuses the fuck out of d4 it conditions you to block low.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher

Just no.
You can fuzzy johnnys mixups.

Wigy

There it is...
Better be.

Cyrax is castrated.

Acidic has no end game poison, and no vortex.

Bo still rains top mofo tier while everyone downplays him, and lets not forget. Tekada HTB's/psuedo unblockables, Scorpions vortex, Quans vortex, Johnny cages vortex, and the list goes on.

they will lose all respect from me if they leave Triborg and Alien like this. and let the others keep what they deemed broken on the DLC because players whine about labbable shit.

cyraxs reset could have been taken away in many other ways. not remove net after bomb hit or many other combo hits.

its idiotic.

now lts talk about that armor they gave Cyrax. WOW dumb as hell. knockes em down. why would i waist a bar of meter to get 11%?

is people really complaining about his Shrapnel port Launching, they should cycle through the character select and count how many characters have godlike armor launching specials then come back and say Cyrax doesn't deserve to have the same tool's as the rest of the cast.
Neither scorpion or jc have a vortex.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
A step in the right direction. Now we just need to lose the remaining bullshit hard-to-blockables and vortexes and we'll have a pretty decent game.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
To me a vortex is a restand that leads into mixups that can't b escaped and can be looped

For ex. Sinestro put you in shackles you HAVE to guess 50/50 , you can't backdash , armor anything u have to guess and it loops simple as that you can armor Johnny if he does 11 into f2 so no

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
umm isn't a vortex a restand that makes them guess low or overhead, and can be looped?

well he has that.

he can F3 into SKRC 11 into either OH or Low. and its unreactible. and since he is close to plus 20 noone can d1 his 11.

sounds and smells like a vortex to me.

you may have the definition a little different than me. but it hold true to mer under my definition. either way it sucks being in that loop.
well, part of it being a vortex is there being no point where you can armor out as well

but just going by YOUR definition of a vortex - what is Scorpions vortex?

Skedar70

Noob
But it's not a troll?

MK is your first fighter huh?
If it knocks you down and you can wake up than its not a vortex. A vortex puts you in a position where your only options are block overhead or low and if you fail your are comboed and put again in the same position. Your definition of vortex is faulty.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

You need to learn to fuzzy things.

Why are people arguing about anything without knowing what fuzzy guarding is.

Last edited:

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
If it knocks you down and you can wake up than its not a vortex. A vortex puts you in a position where your only options are block overhead or low and if you fail your are comboed and put again in the same position. Your definition of vortex is faulty.
Not true. Shazam' vortex on injustice was on knockdown in alot of cases. The guess was to wakeup and risk getting whiff punished, or eat a guarenteed 40%+ into the same situation.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No, his definition is correct, actually. Any particular mixup that loops itself is a vortex. Doesn't have to necessarily be high/low, as long as you get hit, you're stuck in the mixup.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
What you just described is a 50-50 vortex, vprtexes dont have to be 50-50s though. There can be multiple ways out but if you get hit and it puts you back into the original situation you were in when you got hit then its a vortex. There are varying degrees of vortexes, with 50-50s being the worst

Skedar70

Noob
No, his definition is correct, actually. Any particular mixup that loops itself is a vortex. Doesn't have to necessarily be high/low, as long as you get hit, you're stuck in the mixup.
No its not. If you have more options like ducking, armoring, jumping, delayed wakeup its not a vortex its just a mix up and mind games. In a vortex your only options are to block high or low.