What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-29-16

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
@Sultani

Bo that change was probably made so he can only get one drink in a combo instead of two. Actually it's pretty obvious. Bo and D'Vorah aren't similar characters so there is no point comparing them.

They don't want Tremor to have a hard H2B and he doesn't really need one. I would hope that most Tremor players would ask for a decent Mid over that shit.

Reducing the stun on on CSZs Ice Ball makes it hard to summon two drones off one freeze. This is also very obvious.

Your upset that the moves that make his combos work actually has combo scaling?

This is the one I'm surprised people aren't understanding. The no net after the bomb thing should have really happened in MK9. It's one of the main if not the main way of reducing some of Cyrax's nonsense. I'm actually shocked that NRS figured it out.

It was hype for before the game came out to have those long ass combos but in the same global update that Cyrax arrived in they actually made the match timer faster. It also means you don't get combo'd and not build meter while being hit. Again kinda obvious.

@Sultani

Bo that change was probably made so he can only get one drink in a combo instead of two. Actually it's pretty obvious. Bo and D'Vorah aren't similar characters so there is no point comparing them.

They don't want Tremor to have a hard H2B and he doesn't really need one. I would hope that most Tremor players would ask for a decent Mid over that shit.

Reducing the stun on on CSZs Ice Ball makes it hard to summon two drones off one freeze. This is also very obvious.

Your upset that the moves that make his combos work actually has combo scaling?

This is the one I'm surprised people aren't understanding. The no net after the bomb thing should have really happened in MK9. It's one of the main if not the main way of reducing some of Cyrax's nonsense. I'm actually shocked that NRS figured it out.

It was hype for before the game came out to have those long ass combos but in the same global update that Cyrax arrived in they actually made the match timer faster. It also means you don't get combo'd and not build meter while being hit. Again kinda obvious.
They removed the ability to even do those combos by limiting the number of bombs. The damage already wasn't over the top. The damage wasn't the issue with those combos. It was, as you've said, the time they took away and also the meter building 9 bombs can result in. With three bombs, the damage is already curtailed as well as the time taken. Additional scaling isn't needed. At all.

MK9 cyrax could have been fixed easily in two ways. Net misfires if one already landed in the same combo, or bomb active frames slightly reduced so that they explode before the damage scaling resets. They kinda applied fixes to MK9 Cyrax to MKXL Cyrax half correctly.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Well shit. I guess NRS doesn't want me to play any other character than Kano. Triborg gets pooped on(Rip Cyber Sub), DM Bo Rai Cho gets no mercy. Can't find a single DLC character I can enjoy without suffering online now.

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
Cyber sub is fine, you dont get to do whatever you want like before but he is still a beast, change every combo to ex ice Ball, start using b1 24 ex to extend combos, the corner game didnt change, it aint so bad tym, just the cyrax mains get to cry this time

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I don't know if it's been discussed but the controller configuration resetting during match means negative edge would randomly turn on and off. I bought a new controller because I thought it was broken. Nobody can tell me they didn't know about this bug when they released MKXL. Disappointing yet again. NRS does a lot of good things for their fanbase but they sure as hell shit on us sometimes too.

Can we at least get some patch notes that are correct? Reading patch notes doesn't do any good at all if the content isn't even right.

Triborg (Cyrax) - Bomb will now miss-fire after 3 Bombs have hit in the same combo

No it doesn't. this implies three of any bomb. You can still do 4 of each kind (ground and air).

Quan Chi (Sorcerer) - Having the armor trigger from Dark Curse while in a stun reaction will no keep his blocking disabled

What the hell does this mean? "will no keep his blocking disabled..." not? now? are we supposed to just guess?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Can we at least get some patch notes that are correct? Reading patch notes doesn't do any good at all if the content isn't even right.

Triborg (Cyrax) - Bomb will now miss-fire after 3 Bombs have hit in the same combo

No it doesn't. this implies three of any bomb. You can still do 4 of each kind (ground and air).

Quan Chi (Sorcerer) - Having the armor trigger from Dark Curse while in a stun reaction will no keep his blocking disabled

What the hell does this mean? "will no keep his blocking disabled..." not? now? are we supposed to just guess?
There was a sorcerer bug where if you broke his armour, then combo'd him back into the spell and broke his armour again with a twice hitting move/string the combo would reset and quan chi couldn't block so you could loop this until the spell ran out.
For example (this probably isn't an actual example but just so you get the idea) if scorpion broke his armour with say 114~teleport~21~spear~11. He broke the armour with 114, then in the combo moved him back into the spell and hit him with 11 again. the first 1 broke the armour thus ending your combo and the second 1 reset the combo withourt quan having the option to block. Then you could loop this with 114 teleport.

It's kinda hard to explain but I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Cyber sub is fine, you dont get to do whatever you want like before but he is still a beast, change every combo to ex ice Ball, start using b1 24 ex to extend combos, the corner game didnt change, it aint so bad tym, just the cyrax mains get to cry this time
lol no. Have you played CSZ? He's fucking useless. It's VERY easy to say "just EX the iceball!" You arent building that much meter anymore since you can't really throw iceballs far range effectively, whenever you try to summon a drone or dive kick in a combo, you lose dmg for it...His meter building suffered. But EVEN IF, for argument sake, we say he still builds a lot of meter. 1 breaker and your back to square 1, 1 armored wake up and your down. And when you do manage to land an EXIceball to do a combo, instead of a standard 30%, you now do 25% with a bar used. Your pressure game also goes out the window since blocking low negates all pressure if CSZ doesnt have a bar. No point in being scared of an overhead that doesnt lead to a combo...

Fine my ass. It's more frustrating than fun.