What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-29-16

kevkopdx

Noob
@kevkopdx Just cuz he's not some guy who made top 8 at FR doesn't mean he isn't good, nor does not seeing many Bo's being played make the character bad. There's only one major representative for F/T but its not like the character is trash, just underplayed. Never said I was pro, I'm not calling for buffs/nerfs for my character (not even hitbox fixes which lots of other characters prolly didn't need yet we do.)

Never said or acted like I was some pro, I'm shit at this game so yea, I do need to git gud.
People just need to get their heads out of their asses and either accept the changes and adapt or fuck off to another game.
the problem here is this: bo did not need nerfs. it makes no sense, he is low tier. period. if you dont know the character enough to understand that, then you shouldnt be talking about it at all

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
MKXL Patch notes 3-29-16
  • Alien (Acidic) - Can no longer win a round from poison damage
  • Alien (Konjurer) - Fixed a bug that caused Facehugger to sometimes remove Kung Lao's hat for the rest of a round
  • Alien (Tarkatan) - Reduced the meter gain on executing the Tarkatan Rush special moves
  • Alien (Tarkatan) - Straight Slice no longer builds meter on block

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
@DownfouralitY No, but I've seen people who do play him do really well, an been bodied by more than a few Bo's online, so it sounds like you're all scrubs who just suck if you think he's that bad. git gud bruh.
Or maybe you just suck bruh, ever think of that one? Maybe you lose to BRC because you're just that free. Winning or Losing to a character online means nothing.

And results at your local don't define the placements of characters. Unless your local is evo. How many brcs did you see at final round? I saw forever King use him for literally ONE game before immediately switching to kung lao.

I've spent hours upon hours investing into drunken master, I would like to think I know his ins and outs and his strengths and his weaknesses. I usually body like 90% of the people I play online using brc, but this doesn't mean that Bo is good or bad. People don't know the matchup yet. When I played Blind ducky and Daddy Dab at my local, it literally took them about 2 games to realize how fraudulent bo's pressure is and where they can armor his gaps and how incredibly free he is to zoning due to his terrible mobility (and I'm one of the few Bo's that actually uses his roll to get past zoning). I've been one of the few people saying that this character is NOT the worst in the game, and could even be mid tier. But after these nerfs though, he is undoubtedly worse now than he was, and is probably in the bottom 5 discussion.

I can assure you, this character did not need nerfs. If anything he needed a couple buffs. But if you want to just keep calling the whole BRC community scrubs and frauds without knowing a single thing about the character besides the fact that you personally lose to him and somebody at your local did well with him 2 weeks after release, well, I cant stop you, but I can at least tell you how dumb you sound.

And at any point, if you still don't believe what I'm saying, then just pick the character up and see how you do against good players.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
My personal opinion on the whole patch is more or less "better safe than sorry". The characters were handled in balancing before support ended, just in case things popped up. Not gonna lie, it's an ugly process, but understandable, and I can't be mad at it, even if my secondary got smacked in the ordeal.

Triborg's universal nerfs aren't too heavy...just trimming off excess fat for the most part. Cyrax got his changes because of the absurd things he could do. There were better ways to handle it for sure, but like I said, "better safe than sorry". You have to remember, there were constantly broken things popping up with Cyrax's combos. I think he'll be fine otherwise, though. CSZ took it pretty hard, and I'm surprised to see safe divekick go. Iceball not comboing into everything is basically giving it the HSZ treatment, honestly...so it's not entirely surprising. He'll have to spend drones on f1[2] more for damage off that normal without meter. I still encourage people to play him because who knows. Smoke didn't really take any damage...b3 nerf is kind of a blessing due to it becoming harder to actually fuzzy with the smaller frame difference between it and b1. Smoke bombs are -4, while EX is +5...EX nerf is just to remove any jailing. I think he'll be fine.

Alien is fine mostly. I don't know about Tarkatan, but from playing vs Acidic all weekend, the nerfs to it are pretty warranted. Still gonna operate like normal, just no restands into some guaranteed blender shit with acid stacking the more you guess wrong to the point where you can block something and still basically have your life melted without him touching you. Also, because of how ridiculous the stacks are on acid, definitely shouldn't have been able to kill.

Bo nerfs are definite headscratchers, though...but hey, I'm gonna use my default excuse here lol.

Overall, though, this could be worse. They could have pulled a MMH, and just buffed the problem characters XD.

Who was smoking what with this patch? It almost seems like an early april fools joke. The triborgs did not need nerfed, esp THAT bad lol. Bo was like bottom 2 and got nerfed? Imo the game actually felt decently balanced aside from Alien's shenanigans

@DownfouralitY No, but I've seen people who do play him do really well, an been bodied by more than a few Bo's online, so it sounds like you're all scrubs who just suck if you think he's that bad. git gud bruh.
Hahah boraicho is by far the worst character in this game and if your losing 2 him your being gimmicked out and your a trash player that needs 2 learn the match up I think it's funny the only people that think Boraicho is good are the people who don't play him and don't know shit about him sounds like your one of them

Krabman

Noob
Hahah boraicho is by far the worst character in this game and if your losing 2 him your being gimmicked out and your a trash player that needs 2 learn the match up I think it's funny the only people that think Boraicho is good are the people who don't play him and don't know shit about him sounds like your one of them
you have a horrible mentality. A good player can beat another good player with a shitty character, even tho Bo isn't shitty. Just play and let that frustration out, and I'll keep zoning you bo's out kappa kappa kappa

The character strings mostly start with highs have gaps are punishable on block have horrible range except back 2 most of them start up at 20 plus frames the character prays on lack of match up knowledge Boraicho doesn't even have any winning match ups I don't know what they were thinking with this character

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
That's it. I am fucking done. I am close to uninstalling this fucking game. I am certainly not buying MK11 or Injustice 2 or whatever the fuck they make next.

NRS has NO FUCKING IDEA how to balance. No changes to the characters or variations that still remain DOGSHIT.

Kenshi is still shit.
Jason is still shit.
Jacqui is still shit.
Raiden is still shit.
Ermac is still shit.
Goro is still shit.
Unbreakable is still shit.
Fisticuffs is still shit.
Dualist is still shit.
Hat Trick is still shit.
Inferno is still shit.
Noxious is still shit.
Special Ops is still shit.
Lasher is still shit.
Ancestral is still shit.
Marksman is still shit.

And that's not even getting into actual balancing. Those are just the characters/variations THAT I KNOW OF who have NOTHING, and there is NO REASON to ever pick them. And now since XL has been released the only things that have changed are:

Tremor is now shit.
Kobu Jutsu is now shit.
Bo' Rai Cho is now shit.
Triborg is now shit.
Tarkatan is now shit.
Acidic might be shit too.

What the FUCK are they thinking? Who the FUCK thought BRC needed to be nerfed? Who the FUCK thought Tarkatan needed to be nerfed? And why the FUCK were these nerfs put in place instead of saving some of these COMPLETELY USELESS characters/variations?

MK9 was bad with it's 5 viable characters but at least NRS didn't change everything every two weeks. This game has gotten WORSE over time with DLC characters going from being completely broken to absolutely useless. I can't take this madness anymore.

THEY DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE. THEY GIVE POINTLESS GARBAGE BUFFS TO JASON AND UNBREAKABLE AND FISTICUFFS WHILE IGNORING THE ACTUAL REASONS THOSE CHARACTERS ARE BROKEN. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANYMORE. WHY. WHY?
username checks out ;)

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
I know what I know from watching you mate at the Ran Bats:cool: