What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-29-16

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
That's it. I am fucking done. I am close to uninstalling this fucking game. I am certainly not buying MK11 or Injustice 2 or whatever the fuck they make next.

NRS has NO FUCKING IDEA how to balance. No changes to the characters or variations that still remain DOGSHIT.

Kenshi is still shit.
Jason is still shit.
Jacqui is still shit.
Raiden is still shit.
Ermac is still shit.
Goro is still shit.
Unbreakable is still shit.
Fisticuffs is still shit.
Dualist is still shit.
Hat Trick is still shit.
Inferno is still shit.
Noxious is still shit.
Special Ops is still shit.
Lasher is still shit.
Ancestral is still shit.
Marksman is still shit.

And that's not even getting into actual balancing. Those are just the characters/variations THAT I KNOW OF who have NOTHING, and there is NO REASON to ever pick them. And now since XL has been released the only things that have changed are:

Tremor is now shit.
Kobu Jutsu is now shit.
Bo' Rai Cho is now shit.
Triborg is now shit.
Tarkatan is now shit.
Acidic might be shit too.

What the FUCK are they thinking? Who the FUCK thought BRC needed to be nerfed? Who the FUCK thought Tarkatan needed to be nerfed? And why the FUCK were these nerfs put in place instead of saving some of these COMPLETELY USELESS characters/variations?

MK9 was bad with it's 5 viable characters but at least NRS didn't change everything every two weeks. This game has gotten WORSE over time with DLC characters going from being completely broken to absolutely useless. I can't take this madness anymore.

THEY DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE. THEY GIVE POINTLESS GARBAGE BUFFS TO JASON AND UNBREAKABLE AND FISTICUFFS WHILE IGNORING THE ACTUAL REASONS THOSE CHARACTERS ARE BROKEN. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANYMORE. WHY. WHY?
Okay bruh, you need to chill just a little bit. All the characters listed above did need some toning down (yes, even Bo Rai Cho. He was terrible before but his damage was clearly not scaling correctly. However the nerf to fart cloud has me a lot sad).

Also, nerfs to the top tiers are buffs for the low tiers. IMO, it's better to bring the top tiers down a notch rather than risk over buffing the low tiers. The last thing this game needs is more Takeda's.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
That's it. I am fucking done. I am close to uninstalling this fucking game. I am certainly not buying MK11 or Injustice 2 or whatever the fuck they make next.

NRS has NO FUCKING IDEA how to balance. No changes to the characters or variations that still remain DOGSHIT.

Kenshi is still shit.
Jason is still shit.
Jacqui is still shit.
Raiden is still shit.
Ermac is still shit.
Goro is still shit.

Dualist is still shit.
Hat Trick is still shit.
Inferno is still shit.
Noxious is still shit.
Lasher is still shit.
Ancestral is still shit.
Marksman is still shit.

And that's not even getting into actual balancing. Those are just the characters/variations THAT I KNOW OF who have NOTHING, and there is NO REASON to ever pick them. And now since XL has been released the only things that have changed are:

Tremor is now shit.
Kobu Jutsu is now shit.
Bo' Rai Cho is now shit.
Triborg is now shit.
Tarkatan is now shit.

What the FUCK are they thinking? Who the FUCK thought BRC needed to be nerfed? Who the FUCK thought Tarkatan needed to be nerfed? And why the FUCK were these nerfs put in place instead of saving some of these COMPLETELY USELESS characters/variations?

MK9 was bad with it's 5 viable characters but at least NRS didn't change everything every two weeks. This game has gotten WORSE over time with DLC characters going from being completely broken to absolutely useless. I can't take this madness anymore.

THEY DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE. THEY GIVE POINTLESS GARBAGE BUFFS TO JASON AND UNBREAKABLE AND FISTICUFFS WHILE IGNORING THE ACTUAL REASONS THOSE CHARACTERS ARE BROKEN. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANYMORE. WHY. WHY?
Are you sure you play any of those characters/variations?

Robots were never allowed to live I guess. I kept reading about how there were going to be 6 robots in top 8 at final round but I think I only saw like 3 in the entirety of the tournament and now it looks like they've been nerfed. It makes me sad I'll never see the robot domination I was promised.

Good thing SonicFox is still around to use broken ass #basedJason

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
What drugs were they on with the CZ0 nerf? I'm so pissed right now.

If he was OP, you would have seen him at the last major... I really don't get it.

Skedar70

Noob
so what happened to special forces sonya....she can't 2in1 cancel drone summon into attacks or she can now? and is that good or bad?
She can and that is good for sonya. This was the way she worked before and something in the rollback netcode messed it up. They just fixed it.

E

Eldriken

Sure if you have a character that needs to get in to damage him he might be good with that fart cloud. But I think he is soo easily zonable more so than any other character.
A lot of people just so happen to play a character that needs to get in. Zoning options in this game are particularly limited anyway.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I heard California was experiencing a Drought. So I booting up TYM, scrolled down to patch notes, opened it in a new tab and went skydiving. Needless to say Cali is now experiencing flash-floods

So Neatherrealm nerfed BRC even though he isn't very good to begin with, and they don't fix Sub Zeros combo issues. Great patch Neatherrealm, great patch...

Skedar70

Noob
A lot of people just so happen to play a character that needs to get in. Zoning options in this game are particularly limited anyway.
I can only think of lackey ferra thor, warrior predator high tech jaqui having a bad MU against Bo. The rest can probably stay out of his range and force him to come at you.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Balanced Kenshi ignored. Again.

Fisticuffs' speedbag random whiffing issues ignored. Again.

I hope the purpose of this patch was only to destroy the dlc characters, and that they actually don't think the rest of the game is balanced.

Kenshi is still shit.
Jason is still shit.
Jacqui is still shit.
Raiden is still shit.
Ermac is still shit.
Goro is still shit.
Dualist is still shit.
Hat Trick is still shit.
Inferno is still shit.
Noxious is still shit.
Lasher is still shit.
Ancestral is still shit.
Marksman is still shit.

Tremor is now shit.
Kobu Jutsu is now shit.
Bo' Rai Cho is now shit.
Triborg is now shit.
Tarkatan is now shit.

You forgot Necromancer in the rant about how characters are shitty now.

I agree with EVERYTHING here except the fact Johnny Cage and Jason are broken. Unstoppable/Slasher Jason is hardly broken and in fact, got nerfed due to the Universal stuff added.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
i dont even know where to begin on this pile of shit. dont even feel like turning the xbox on now, have to basically relearn the character. i had a fun time playing smoke and csz but i have a very hard time believing that these were all justified especially since triborg had already been hotfixed. triborg's had more nerfs than most characters have had in their life and he's only been out a month. oh well he'll be alright, we all saw how well he did at final round and vienality

Last edited: