What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-29-16

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I don't understand why some of these characters got nerfed in the ways they did, especially CSZ seeing as I play him the most.

Wasn't it the corner HTB ballshit that was the actual problem? I don't understand why they nerfed his midscreen game like that, its like they want us to just corner carry into loopable HTBs into plus on block 50/50s instead of actually playing the neutral.

Obviously Cyrax needed toning down too, but the way they did it is questionable. Don't get why they nerfed Smoke or Bo either. Alien was the one who seemed most troublesome but unless I'm missing something he still seems fine.

At the end of the day the nerfs got the job done I guess, they just don't seem very well thought out. Hopefully when I actually get the patch ill find something which might change things, but reading through the patch notes things aren't looking too promising.

I'm not saying CSZ is bad now by any means, these nerfs just don't seem very well thought out to me.

Last edited:
Holy pope crap in a box.

Alien and Cyrax players are going to be crowing about this the rest of the damn year.

Can't believe they added ANOTHER five frames to Tremor's rock shower.

But omfg there is a god Killer is almost untouched and Mileena is too <3.
I love Mileena but Fu** her at this point and her almost guaranteed pressure, chip damage, and screwy zoning. 29-35% damage for some freaking punishes? I'm done.

That's it. I am fucking done. I am close to uninstalling this fucking game. I am certainly not buying MK11 or Injustice 2 or whatever the fuck they make next.

THEY DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE. THEY GIVE POINTLESS GARBAGE BUFFS TO JASON AND UNBREAKABLE AND FISTICUFFS WHILE IGNORING THE ACTUAL REASONS THOSE CHARACTERS ARE BROKEN. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANYMORE. WHY. WHY?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
On non-DLC characters, there were mostly just bug fixes as far as I can see. Seems like the notion of the MKXL patch being the final patch for non-KP2 is right. Except for Tremor, fuck Tremor in the ass apparently.

Leatherface's changes don't seem that insane besides the change to his vortex. I think Paulo saw that nearly all KP2 characters had really good guaranteed vortexes and he thought that was a bit too much. I agree as someone who likes fun and doesn't wish to be vortexed by Smoke or Butcher for the whole game.

Triborg's general changes seems to be lowering the hit advantage on most strings, which I mostly with. There really isn't any necessity to having 1, 11, 111, F1, 2, 21 and a couple others to have unnecessarily much hit advantage.

So Cyber Sub seems to have gotten rekt in theory. Slower iceball (agree with, no more machinegunning iceballs so easily), less hitstun on iceball, which is kind of an odd change. I guess it's to not give him free drones anymore. Divekick and drone summon now add damage scaling? Uhh okay weird change, Cyber Sub didn't seem to do that great of damage to begin with. Also apparently F13~Iceball no longer links. What? Why? It's not like it was insanely good or anything, iceball was minus enough for it.

Cyrax got rekt, no more MK9 Cyrax in here. Now I agree with most of the nerfs EXCEPT for the net having less hit advantage and not being usable after a bomb has been used. The change to the hit advantage feels extremely unnecessary. This may greatly reduce his damage and make his setups a lot worse. Time will tell. At least he's got a legit reversal now!

Smoke got damage nerfs? I'm sorry what? Isn't this the character that had low damage to keep him in line, which is now even lower? Not to mention that his vortex may no longer be as good with the changes to hit advantage on Triborg's strings.

Tarkatan's rekkas got wrecked so we don't get to see another Kobu Jutsu. Good. He's probably still good.

Acidic's vortex change sounds like a good change, for the non-Alien player at least. Acid no longer being able to end rounds is creative, I like it.

Bo got nerfed on the farts, not quite sure why. The hit advantage was unnecessarily big sure, but 39 frames off sounds like a pretty big change. I still think Bo will make it out of that specific nerf well enough.

Dragon's Breath getting less good unblockable shenanigans is nice, less nightmarish to deal with if you're on the receiving end.

Drunken Master getting added damage scaling is probably to prevent his 44% no meter stuff from happening, which is good.

Overall I feel like the DLC characters didn't get hit as hard as I thought they would, the exception being Cyrax. Gonna see how Cyber Sub's changes change his game plan.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yep, Cyrax ruined i switched characters. and dropped acidic.

No net after bomb equals noone playing cyrax, unless they are out of thier mind.

i can think of several ways they could have removed Resets and HTB's without ruining his entire midscreen.

just like NRS. nerf a character that has cancel pressure(raiden) and let it ride with several others D'vorah, Liu, Johnny, Jax, Erron, Scorpion.

fastforward to now.

remove
HTB from cyrax,

and then Give Tremor an htb, leave CSZ, tekada, Cassie, Quan, Predator htbs.

it doesn't seem logical or thought out at all.

if they are gonna take away Vortex's then take all of them away.

if your gonna take HTB's out then do it to all the characters.

Last edited:

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
@EVB Alright RyRy I'm thinking enough characters got nerfed to the point Imposter might be a definite for top 5. I still think you're a @zoofs certified maniac for thinking Reptile and Goro deserve anything though

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Yeah this patch is absolutely retarded. Paulo should be fucking sacked, can we get someone who gives a shit about the game or at the very least understands it beyond an entry level skill tier, as the new balancer please?

Thank you, Final Round, for allowing DLC and the most anti-climactic grand finals in a while.

This patch is for you.

Fuck plus, safe rekkas. :joker:
They weren't safe if they were plus

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Yeah this patch is absolutely (soap bar in my mouth). Paulo should be fucking sacked, can we get someone who gives a shit about the game or at the very least understands it beyond an entry level skill tier, as the new balancer please?

They weren't safe if they were plus
You could time it to be gapless and plus.

Now, Tarkatan players have to commit. Alien is still good, I think.

I GOT HANDS

They ruined the stuff about Cyrax that was fine, and left in the stuff that needed to go

CSZ is absolutely destroyed and would be a bad character in MK9

Rude

except you couldn't time it to be gapless and plus.
You most certainly could. Granted, it was very hard, but still doable.

Still, Alien has long range normals, a great j2, a fast poke, he's going to be fine.

Edit: Mistaken on the rekka part. Totally my bad.

I don't think Tarkatan was wrecked. It'll be fine.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
His normals are total garbage, pokes especially? Literally what is good about him now aside from decent meterless damage?
I just saw hat his nerfs are, just ignore my post, i have the opposite opinion of the post you quoted of mine. :(

I GOT HANDS

You most certainly could. Granted, it was very hard, but still doable.

Still, Alien has long range normals, a great j2, a fast poke, he's going to be fine.
Except you couldn't, and even with FLAWLESS execution (aka landing two 1 frame links in a row with no real visual or audio queues, a little more than "very hard") you were still -4.

Double check your info, I literally wrote the guide on Tarkatan and REO wrote the guide on Tarkatan rekkas and we both say it's -4?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I already said this in another thread but Sektor's B1,2+4 (EX) had its hit advantage toned way down so...no more armor breaking for a bar :(

Rude

Except you couldn't, and even with FLAWLESS execution (aka landing two 1 frame links in a row with no real visual or audio queues, a little more than "very hard") you were still -4.

Double check your info, I literally wrote the guide on Tarkatan and REO wrote the guide on Tarkatan rekkas and we both say it's -4?
Yeah, I edited the post. My bad. I'll hold that.

Still, Tarkatan isn't wrecked by any means.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Can someone elaborate on the tremor nerf? Did they just nerf regular up rock again? Also how bad does it hurt him?