What's new

Discussion MKXL Non-gameplay related feedback

leoj89

Noob
Fix the story and music next game.
So hype after reading the comics only to be let down in story mode. Music should be hiphop/ industrial/techno based with elements of traditional tribal and asian influences woven in.
Also for the love of the elder gods stop using that modified ue3 engine an upgrade to ue4.

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Fix the story and music next game.
So hype after reading the comics only to be let down in story mode. Music should be hiphop/ industrial/techno based with elements of traditional tribal and asian influences woven in.
Also for the love of the elder gods stop using that modified ue3 engine an upgrade to ue4.
This wouldn't fit well with this story. Leave hip hop only to Jax and Jaqui. For the rest of the fighters it's better for something epic.

leoj89

Noob
This wouldn't fit well with this story. Leave hip hop only to Jax and Jaqui. For the rest of the fighters it's better for something epic.
By all means I could have done a better job at explaining that I was talking about production /score when using the term "hiphop". Your post however was so nonsensical that I questioned if I should even dignify it with a response. That ish was ridiculous and I hope you see why.

Edit: this cat really dug the hole deeper.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I don't get how so many people hear the sound track when the game starts I'm trying to think how I'm gonna beat the hell out of who I'm fighting

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
In my eyes, most of the new characters were poorly done. Jackie with a daddy named Jax is dumb especially when her shtick is arm based weapons and don't even get me started on her corny haircut. Torr is one phone call away from child abuse charges and it would honestly be worth the character development. Kung Jin is gay because it's 2016 and it is now a requirement to has at least one gay cast member. Nobody at the monk's temple likes Kun Jin but it's totally not homophobia; they just don't like his sticky fingers. Finally we have Erron Black who likes to slide around on his back wearing nothing but a cowboy hat. As for Cassy, Koatal, and Takeda? I have no quarrel with you.

Last edited:
In my eyes, most of the new characters were poorly done. Jackie with a daddy named Jax is dumb especially when her shtick is arm based weapons and don't even get me started on her corny haircut. Torr is one phone call away from child abuse charges and it would honestly be worth the character development. Kung Jin is gay because it's 2016 and it is now a requirement to has at least one gay cast member. Nobody at the monk's temple likes Kun Jin but it's totally not homophobia; they just don't like his sticky fingers. Finally we have Erron Black who likes to slide around on his back wearing nothing but a cowboy hat. As for Cassy, Koatal, and Takeda? I have no quarrel with you.
So because he's gay it's to please people? I don't think so.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Lmao @ Kung Jin. You're wrong about the one gay cast member though, there's a definite Mileena/Tanya tension going on. But more importantly have you heard of and seen anything Cassie does or say? Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Not to mention her undercover outfit is a pantsuit without heels that one earing.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
So because he's gay it's to please people? I don't think so.
Well Kung Jin's not a real person; the developers chose to point out his sexual preference but why? It has no effect on anything in the story and, all things being equal, has as much relevance as stating another character is straight.

There's many ways the story could derive conflict from this; Jin being born into a highly religious society of monks, one of his female teammates having unrequited feelings toward him, him having unrequited feelings toward a male cast member and maybe engaging in Mortal Kombat or marriage as i like to call it. As he is, the only thing that makes Kung Jin a unique character is his sexual preference.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Face it, your 12 year old self (pre-competitive) would be bored with this game. There is very little to be memorable about and there is not as much content as there was in MK9.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
@Mikemetroid
disagree partially on two things: fatalities are still good (and several (Kung Lao, Mileena and Ermac, for example) are better than anything MK9 had to offer, which is saying something when you had in 9, fatalities like Noob's for example)
Content wise, the Krypt is a lot better in MKX than in 9. Honestly, the Krypt looks awesome in X. Hopefully the Krypt in 11 is just as awesome and detailed as the MKX one, or even better.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
@Mikemetroid
disagree partially on two things: fatalities are still good (and several (Kung Lao, Mileena and Ermac, for example) are better than anything MK9 had to offer, which is saying something when you had in 9, fatalities like Noob's for example)
Content wise, the Krypt is a lot better in MKX than in 9. Honestly, the Krypt looks awesome in X. Hopefully the Krypt in 11 is just as awesome and detailed as the MKX one, or even better.
Yeah but in terms of towers, story mode, and other single player content. I feel that Its just not as fun as it was in MK9. No where near as many things in this game are as memorable as other MK games. Maybe Blanche? Haha

@Mikemetroid
The Krypt is a fucking gimmick. Sure, it's cool the first time through, but I cannot stand going through it a second time. MK9's krypt was so simple and I loved it, I could look up the location of whatever I needed and it was fine. You gotta go through so much stupid shit just to get a few brutalities in the MKX krypt and it takes forever since every time you leave it resets your position. It's the sole reason why I've barely unlocked any brutals on my PS4 version, it's just so tedious. EDIT: I will say though that I LOVE the concept art along with the little anecdotes in the MKX Krypt. There was a lot of that in Deadly Alliance and Deception and it felt like a return to form.

I feel like the content amount in this game is fine, but the living towers are total trash. The Challenge tower in MK9 had a lot of unique stuff in it and was a fun side mode, I rarely if ever do living towers because it's pretty much just a regular tower mixed with test your luck stuff.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Personally for me as far as memorable goes.

MK2 > MK4 > MK9 > MKX > MK1 > MK3 > SM > DC > the garbage pit that is the PS2 games.

The biggest thing that hurts MKX outside of the music, is the color pallet, the lack of color is really out of place for MK.

Personally for me as far as memorable goes.

MK2 > MK4 > MK9 > MKX > MK1 > MK3 > SM > DC > the garbage pit that is the PS2 games.

The biggest thing that hurts MKX outside of the music, is the color pallet, the lack of color is really out of place for MK.
Well, I mean, if we're talking about memorable as in terms of content, i'd say the 3D games are some of the most memorable for me personally. I didn't give a shit about competitive gameplay or anything like that back then, but I loved trying to unlock all the characters and stages, as well as just trying to unlock interesting stuff in the krypt. Not to mention Konquest, which really made Deception stand out among the rest.

Totally agreed on the color, no idea why they went the Injustice route with that. Even the HUD in this game is just so bland and boring, white health/meter bars? Really?

i dont have a time machine so who are the leading characters in Mortal Kombat 123?
SubZero and Scorpion... who else?

Even the HUD in this game is just so bland and boring, white health/meter bars? Really?
That's one thing that I love about it. The overall aesthetic they've used is clean, easy to see and doesn't detract from the fight. No need for gaudy blue/red/yellow/greens all over the place.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
More things to buy with the in-game fight money. Take a page out of SFV's book and make DLC costumes purchaseable via Koins.
this would be nice to see but NRS will need to move the koins data on their servers not client side like it is now, otherwise one could simply edit the the Koin number and buy every skin with 2 min of work.

When I do a combo input to quickly it sometimes throws an interactable...mainly if I press 121 or 212. Don't know if 1+2 is a shortcut to throw interactables or not. Would like the option not to allow this as this has lost me a lot of damage.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Yeah but in terms of towers, story mode, and other single player content. I feel that Its just not as fun as it was in MK9. No where near as many things in this game are as memorable as other MK games. Maybe Blanche? Haha
Well, can't blame you there. It's definitely a shame the challenge tower didn't return. I loved that mode, to be honest.
A couple of things MKX does have over 9 are the Kustom Kombat mode, the Survival tower, the ability to change which arcade tower you can do (MK4 was the last game to allow you to do that) although obviously, it doesn't make up totally for the lack of a proper challenge tower mode. Nor the lack of a Test your Strike, Sight or hell, even Balance.
I was honestly looking forward to the return of Test your sight, smh.

Speaking of things I was looking forward: why are there only 12 chapters in Story mode? MK9 had 16.
A few characters who could have gotten their story fleshed out didn't (Kenshi stands out in particular)
Why no babalities? hate me and say they are stupid, but cmon, they were awesome in MK9. What, is it because MKX is too dark to have some humor in it? (which I'm guessing was the thought process behind the overall duller color palette, barring specific arenas like the Dead Woods, Jungle and the Pit)

Last edited: