What's new

Discussion MKXL Full Patch Notes plus Kombat Kast Recap by @MK_REO

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
They didn't kill him, we don't even have the patch yet and you people are already saying what characters are dead and which are broken, wait till we get the patch dammit.
Elbow is a high
Ex overhead lost armour

If you don't understand why this kills Wargod, you don't know a damn thing about kotal.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
At first glance it seems high tech got a nerf, when in actuality it's pressure was changed. Quick burst now has a strong mixup to it. The longer you hold it or the higher the level of the QB the more advantageous it is, or you can quick burst instantly then charge QB to put them back in pressure and to you being advantageous. I am a High tech Jaqui Sonya Briggs main and I approve of these changes
No the levels of quickburst refer to when your gauntlets are charged up I think. So pretty much the one thing she had going for her went down the drain. Maybe I'm wrong tho and they're refering to charging the qb itself.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
They killed him

whyyy

I name this patch MKXL: Arcade Edition, as thats the only other thing I can think of that was just as non-sensical.
It has been a while since I played plus I was never very good but I'm having trouble understanding Kotal's changes.

I will definitely be on and playing tomorrow to try and get a better understanding of the changes

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Hmmm...looks like F/T vs. Kitana just became an even worse matchup (for me, anyway), but overall I'm excited for a new meta.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Kotal got harder for some reason. NRS don't know what to do with Cassie. I don't see how anything actually helped MoS be a usable character. I don't know enough about the whole game to see a reason to come back. Not that I was really expecting some grand changes or anything. Actually think I have less reason to play this than before.

MOSis fucking good now.
Please explain. I don't see how the knocking off two frames changes things. If you got math prepared or something let me know.

Sun god got one buff, it's cool I guess.
That buffs sucks because there is no worry about armor breaking when you can just activate throw invincible frames and punish Kotal. Which I still don't get why people just accept that.

Loogaroo

Noob
D'Vorah - Towards+BP now hits mid
This is stupid. Swarm Queen had a good overhead but a bad low to run cancel from. Now her only overhead is the kick, which is not as good. This is also a nerf to Venomous, who now lost her d+4+_f+2 poison mixup.

I really hope this new move in venomous is worth something, or else they just nerfed a low tier character.

• Sonya (Special Forces) -
I get the hate demolition gets. I really do. But nerfing her b+1 did nothing for special forces. The b+1 move wasn't even the problem with demolition. It's launch punishable and you can armor anything that comes after it, on block.

Special Forces didn't even get a variation specific buff. She goes from low tier to absolute trash tier. This is unprofessional.

Versa Jay

Aspiring Elder God
Why did they do shaolin like that? No more returning ex low chakram on block. Slower over head. Up kick risky af. Shalolin drop risky. But Jason still Jason. And cassie ex nut punching folks with invincible frames. Well... time to jump on the tremor train. :DOGE

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Plz explain me the last 3 dots in general gameplay fixes.

Last edited:

Belial

Noob
I only see minor nerf to jumping (1 frame? really?) might be a poor wording of course, but if thats what it looks like, then jumps will be EXTREMELY OP now when all means to defeat them (armor) are gone.

haketh

Noob
Hmmm not sure I like the universal Hurtbox is active before the attack thing. That's not something that strikes me as a good thing to blanket effect everyone.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
This is stupid. Swarm Queen had a good overhead but a bad low to run cancel from. Now her only overhead is the kick, which is not as good. This is also a nerf to Venomous, who now lost her d+4+_f+2 poison mixup.

I really hope this new move in venomous is worth something, or else they just nerfed a low tier character.

I get the hate demolition gets. I really do. But nerfing her b+1 did nothing for special forces. The b+1 move wasn't even the problem with demolition. It's launch punishable and you can armor anything that comes after it, on block.

Special Forces didn't even get a variation specific buff. She goes from low tier to absolute trash tier. This is unprofessional.
Special Forces Sonya was NEVER low tier. What are you smoking?