What's new

Discussion MKXL Full Patch Notes plus Kombat Kast Recap by @MK_REO

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
I think these balances are great! Now neutral and zoning will be just as big of a play style as offense

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Ok hightechs block advantage nerfed, only one cancel due to the stamina change and on top of that she didn't get any goddamn thing to compensate for her bad neutral.
I'm just out of words for this...

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
no i think your not getting it cancel advantage is how many frame you have to input a special cancel, not how mnay frame there is to cancel in. and it went from +12 on hit to +8 thats is a nerf to being able to connect Net at full raneg or possibly close.

I have a feeling this means the net wont connect Far away and possibly maybe close up.

Wait does he still have EX Buzzsaw and EX Air grab?
If f13 iceball connects but net doesn't that would be absurd

Rip cassie. Been playing some Pyro on the side. She might be my new main. No more yolo scorpion teleports. Sigh....

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
  • Raiden (Master of Storms) - Directional Static Trap startup and recovery is more consistent now
  • Raiden (Master of Storms) - Static Trap passive damage is now 0.5 (up from 0.2)
  • Raiden (Master of Storms) - Static Trap now activates in 14 frames (down from 16)
  • Raiden (Master of Storms) - Full Trap now activates in 11 frames (down from 12)
MOSis fucking good now.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
and thats how MUCH reptile is loved by NRS

• Reptile (Nimble) -
  • Reptile (Noxious) -

thanks for killing him , Hope u guys put Chameleon in KP3 (kp3 is dead so in MK11)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So imma break down my reactions to my characters (Jason, Leatherface and Kotal)

Leatherface
They decided to give 2 hits of armor on some stuff, which is nice but they also hit Butcher hard for no reason with EX DF2 being nerfed. His zoning matchups won't necessarily be worse, in fact they might be better due to his double hitting armor on low grinder. He also didn't get any buffs which...obviously I'm disappointing. This is an example of him being not popular and not getting anything as a result but he is DEFINITELY stronger with these changes.

Jason
They took away the D1 being -2, i don't care, no one can complain about that tho now. This man however got some dirty shit. 3 hits of armor on EX Teleport THREE BABY! Now it's a lot better and you can't get hit out of it with multi hitting projectiles. The armor he used before is now just way better, super armor everywhere. Slasher loses his corner launcher it looks like but he doesnt need that necessarily. And unstoppable got nothing specific to it (good, he didn't need anything) look out for Jason cuz he's gonna come in swinging.

Kotal Kahn
So much unnecessary shit done. B1 is a high...why? What point is there to this? *sigh* Sunstone nerfs make no sense. His F1 strings getting buffed helps with this a lot tho, I appreciate the compensation. Obsidian nerfs...why? Why the fuck was this even in the notes? smh. Sun god got one buff, it's cool I guess. No whiff fixes which sucks. All in all, Kotal got fucked but he's still good trust me.

TREMOR BONUS ROUNDS
Motherfucker has a 6f advancing high. WHY?! Didn't need to buff that shit and look at that, now he has one of the best advancing normals in the game, congrats tremor mains.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

If f13 iceball connects but net doesn't that would be absurd
fucking thankyou. thats what im saying. think of this launchers i think satyed but armored launchers wherte apart of so many. and i really hope Cyrax is ok after this i will only truly know when i fire up patch.

MadeOfMetal

So imma break down my reactions to my characters (Jason, Leatherface and Kotal)

Leatherface
They decided to give 2 hits of armor on some stuff, which is nice but they also hit Butcher hard for no reason with EX DF2 being nerfed. His zoning matchups won't necessarily be worse, in fact they might be better due to his double hitting armor on low grinder. He also didn't get any buffs which...obviously I'm disappointing. This is an example of him being not popular and not getting anything as a result but he is DEFINITELY stronger with these changes.

Jason
They took away the D1 being -2, i don't care, no one can complain about that tho now. This man however got some dirty shit. 3 hits of armor on EX Red Screen. THREE BABY! That has so much potential and also makes zoners unable to stop you from doing this full screen. Stops ANYONE from stopping you full screen from doing this. The armor he used before is now just way better, super armor everywhere. Slasher loses his corner launcher it looks like but he doesnt need that necessarily. And unstoppable got nothing specific to it (good, he didn't need anything) look out for Jason cuz he's gonna come in swinging.

Kotal Kahn
So much unnecessary shit done. B1 is a high...why? What point is there to this? *sigh* Sunstone nerfs make no sense. His F1 strings getting buffed helps with this a lot tho, I appreciate the compensation. Obsidian nerfs...why? Why the fuck was this even in the notes? smh. Sun god got one buff, it's cool I guess. No whiff fixes which sucks. All in all, Kotal got fucked but he's still good trust me.

TREMOR BONUS ROUNDS
Motherfucker has a 6f advancing high. WHY?! Didn't need to buff that shit and look at that, now he has one of the best advancing normals in the game, congrats tremor mains.
they removed armored launchers and plus on block pressure and blockstun. on everyone.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
And people were bitching about goros two hits of armor and now most of them Cassie is going to get 3 where the hell's my 3 hits on punch walk

MadeOfMetal

Ravenous will Scrub out everyone with his -3 max command grab. And her meterless roll combos are untouched. Yep! still top tier.
do you not get what happend to her she dropped a few but i can't say we have any tier list as of yet, everything changed, her EX Roll is gone, that was her huge game. and noone is gonne spend 2 bars to lauch for shit damage. and B1 high lol. she is way lower.