What's new

Discussion MKXL Full Patch Notes plus Kombat Kast Recap by @MK_REO

omooba

fear the moobs
the 2 hits of armor thing was definitely not thought out fully. soooo many character's gameplan revolve around armor breaking and there's soooo many characters that just completely nullify that now. it wouldn't have been so bad if it was a few variations but so many variationless characters have it too

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'm aware of that, they made that clear but they gave Leatherface not much to compensate and Kotal...*sigh* idk man, just upsetting that they did so much stuff and also got rid of a mid that didn't need to be removed.
im terrified, the game has chnged so mcuh. we just have to throw all tier lists out, asnd look at it as a new game. everything is different. and we truly won't know where anyone is untill we check out it on game. and have at least a month to see what MAtchups are what.

I really can';t believe they removed Armored launchers, nowe remeber what i said , everyone that thought it was good will suffer. MArk my words. now they can choke on it. Mixups are still here i was right.

do you not get what happend to her she dropped a few but i can't say we have any tier list as of yet, everything changed, her EX Roll is gone, that was her huge game. and noone is gonne spend 2 bars to lauch for shit damage. and B1 high lol. she is way lower.
Safe spam command grab + D1 into another command grab, rinse and repeat ad infinitum in a no armor scene. Yep!, I will pick poor low tier ravenous.

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Kitana got nothing but pages of buffs ever since launch, Now she is a keep away onslaught that can rush down whenever she wants, still hits like a truck and kept her armor launcher. Welcome to S tier princess, Goodbye mkx.
We deserve it.

• Kitana (Mournful) - Staff Smash & Eclipse Kick now have 2 hits of armor
  • Kitana (Mournful) - Increased glaive projectile damage by 1
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahashagagagagagagagaghahahahahahahahah.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Some nice stuff for Tremor!

That f2 buff I don't mind aha, I wanna see some of those brutals!!
He still has flash parry
6f high bnb punisher
8f uppercut
Now has +6 high big leg, could make some nasty mind games

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Safe spam command grab + D1 into another command grab, rinse an repeat ad infinitum in a no armor scene. Yep!, I will pick poor low tier ravenous.
you have no clkue where she is. everything changed the entire meta is gone. everything you know has been thrown out the window. top tier Bottom Mid its all gone. and now we have to develope new matchups. just saying she is top tier does nothting, everyone lost Armored laucnhers. and nobody is gonna use 2 bars to Launch thats rediculous for shit damage. itll be over a month before we know who is top and bottom. or longer.

Gemini

LoFi
Ok hightechs block advantage nerfed, only one cancel due to the stamina change and on top of that she didn't get any goddamn thing to compensate for her bad neutral.
I'm just out of words for this...
At first glance it seems high tech got a nerf, when in actuality it's pressure was changed. Quick burst now has a strong mixup to it. The longer you hold it or the higher the level of the QB the more advantageous it is, or you can quick burst instantly then charge QB to put them back in pressure and to you being advantageous. I am a High tech Jaqui Sonya Briggs main and I approve of these changes

Skedar70

Noob
So imma break down my reactions to my characters (Jason, Leatherface and Kotal)

Leatherface
They decided to give 2 hits of armor on some stuff, which is nice but they also hit Butcher hard for no reason with EX DF2 being nerfed. His zoning matchups won't necessarily be worse, in fact they might be better due to his double hitting armor on low grinder. He also didn't get any buffs which...obviously I'm disappointing. This is an example of him being not popular and not getting anything as a result but he is DEFINITELY stronger with these changes.

Jason
They took away the D1 being -2, i don't care, no one can complain about that tho now. This man however got some dirty shit. 3 hits of armor on EX Red Screen. THREE BABY! That has so much potential and also makes zoners unable to stop you from doing this full screen. Stops ANYONE from stopping you full screen from doing this. The armor he used before is now just way better, super armor everywhere. Slasher loses his corner launcher it looks like but he doesnt need that necessarily. And unstoppable got nothing specific to it (good, he didn't need anything) look out for Jason cuz he's gonna come in swinging.

Kotal Kahn
So much unnecessary shit done. B1 is a high...why? What point is there to this? *sigh* Sunstone nerfs make no sense. His F1 strings getting buffed helps with this a lot tho, I appreciate the compensation. Obsidian nerfs...why? Why the fuck was this even in the notes? smh. Sun god got one buff, it's cool I guess. No whiff fixes which sucks. All in all, Kotal got fucked but he's still good trust me.

TREMOR BONUS ROUNDS
Motherfucker has a 6f advancing high. WHY?! Didn't need to buff that shit and look at that, now he has one of the best advancing normals in the game, congrats tremor mains.
Blood mist is his teleport not the red screen.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
They killed him

whyyy

I name this patch MKXL: Arcade Edition, as thats the only other thing I can think of that was just as non-sensical.
They didn't kill him, we don't even have the patch yet and you people are already saying what characters are dead and which are broken, wait till we get the patch dammit.