What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
How do you guys do your Cyrax combos online when there's just the slightest bit of lag? I'm debating switching to simpler combos because of this.
practice makes perfect, and besides you should have zero lag on the new netcode, and if you do still:

1. Wire that bitch up, Ethernet cables are cheap effective ways of taking away lag from any game.
  2. Upgrade your internet to at least 10Download 1 Upload, this should be suffecient enough to play on the new netcode lag free with connections below 120ms.
  3. buy a NetDuma Router, its 200 dollars, but limits your connections to strong connections that are close to you, ensuring you will have a strong connection as well as separates game packets from other internet packets = no lag or alot less lag.
  4. Upgrade your TV to a Monitor, the average for TV latency/LAG is 70ms divide that by 16.7 and thats how many frames of lag you have from just your flatscreen TV. (most Monitors have below 5ms Response time, no more jitter, no more ghosting.
and to set your mind at ease, there is no differance between 3 bomb combos and 6 bomb combos anymore. before patch i would say, learn to practice them, after last patch, i say, the % difference is to minimal to try the hard ones in lag :(

i have them down by muscle memory so i hardly ever drop them, unless im playing very good players that pressure me.
keep practicing and if you still can't get them, do 3 bomb combos in bad lag, and on minimal lag do them swaggy dope 6-7 bomb tech roll finishes

Last edited:

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
@MadeOfMetal

Good stuff man. Yeh I have that internet and ethernet cable hooked up to a tv with a gaming mode, but no $200 router,that's probably out of the question. I sometimes get into matches where in the beginning its 50ms and then jumps to 150+. It doesn't lag TOO often, but it seems to drop a little here and there. It's mainly those long 20 second combos though, so I may just stick to simpler ones online against randoms. Definitely not as bad as pre XL though. As for those combos, I'll try the run back ones again today. I just feel there's gotta be something easier for 30% haha. Even if I got them down I'm not sure how much I'd trust myself to do it every time in the corner. Either way thank you!

Null

Noob
Have you guys considered using 21 as a stagger?

Like 21 into B3, EX Saw, combo or 21 into B1, EX Saw, combo. 213 is obviously an option too (could even start with that to get the opponent conditioned to block overhead or armor if they know the gap).

I tried this for the first time last night and it worked pretty well. When your opponent starts to try to poke or armor it, you could do bait it or just D1/D3 to counter that. What are your guys' thoughts on this? Decent idea or just stupid?

JDM

Noob

Like 21 into B3, EX Saw, combo or 21 into B1, EX Saw, combo. 213 is obviously an option too (could even start with that to get the opponent conditioned to block overhead or armor if they know the gap).

I tried this for the first time last night and it worked pretty well. When your opponent starts to try to poke or armor it, you could do bait it or just D1/D3 to counter that. What are your guys' thoughts on this? Decent idea or just stupid?

yeah I used to use it a lot but now I play more patient and footsie based. Since "getting the hit" isn't almost a guaranteed win anymore.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?

21 on block is very risky tho so id be careful how i use it

MadeOfMetal

@MadeOfMetal

Good stuff man. Yeh I have that internet and ethernet cable hooked up to a tv with a gaming mode, but no $200 router,that's probably out of the question. I sometimes get into matches where in the beginning its 50ms and then jumps to 150+. It doesn't lag TOO often, but it seems to drop a little here and there. It's mainly those long 20 second combos though, so I may just stick to simpler ones online against randoms. Definitely not as bad as pre XL though. As for those combos, I'll try the run back ones again today. I just feel there's gotta be something easier for 30% haha. Even if I got them down I'm not sure how much I'd trust myself to do it every time in the corner. Either way thank you!
do you have a Monitor or a TV?

MadeOfMetal

TV, I wouldn't have money for a one game specific monitor for awhile
im getting a monitor in a couple of days, trust me, get a monitor, that will fix alot of your problems with combos, and clarity.

get one of these:

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

get one that says Excellent not Great or OK
in the description it says for competative gaming you would use Excellent only esp. fighters

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
im getting a monitor in a couple of days, trust me, get a monitor, that will fix alot of your problems with combos, and clarity.

get one of these:

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

get one that says Excellent not Great or OK
in the description it says for competative gaming you would use Excellent only esp. fighters
As soon as I hit the lottery I'll put in an order for that LOL no but thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
As soon as I hit the lottery I'll put in an order for that LOL no but thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.
You can get cheaper ones that work great for like 150$. You will benefit greatly on almost any game playing on a monitor. It's a night and day difference so if you ever get the chance to even buy a used one I would.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
You can get cheaper ones that work great for like 150$. You will benefit greatly on almost any game playing on a monitor. It's a night and day difference so if you ever get the chance to even buy a used one I would.
Good to know. Thank you! I'll definitely be working on getting one as soon as it's financially viable.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Lol what do you mean it's +2
i never gotten anything after 21 on block i always get poked out so i just go for 213 if its blocked , in regards to frame data ive stopped listening to the in game data its too fucked too many errors, i kinda just judge it myself ... im also aware thats a weak ass response but hey !!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
i never gotten anything after 21 on block i always get poked out so i just go for 213 if its blocked , in regards to frame data ive stopped listening to the in game data its too fucked too many errors, i kinda just judge it myself ... im also aware thats a weak ass response but hey !!
If they're poking you, check with d1. Sucks, but it's the most reliable option for him at +2.

huh

Noob
How about 212?

Last edited:

Null

Noob
Hey guys, I know I don't post much here but I thought I'd just upload this just in case anyone hasn't already seen this (or some variation of it yet).

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Beep boop.

Hello guys I've been lurking around for quite some time in the cyrax forums. I purposely waited for him to get nerfed as we all know nrs and there ways of jumping the gun.

After playing the character and labbing the mess out of him (I also have a tech trap set up for you guys as well ) I have compiled a list of things that would make him compete with the cast.

I think his b2 and air grab should be unbreakable. reasons why : his b2 is basically a bomb and his air grab is a grab. all air grabs should be unbreakable. cyrax tele to regain launch properties. faster start up on net and he should be able to net after ex bomb ONLY. if rax traps opponent after this sequence low bombs will miss fire(triborg) his d1 needs more hit advantage his d4 needs a re work like they did kitana d1. his f4 needs to be -3 on block and adjusted so it will no longer be low profiled.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So am I wrong in thinking that f34 is a pseudo restand? I ask this because when Cyrax or other borgs hit someone with F34 they visually look restood for the sake of the combo hitting. Does this affect the gravity of characters who are getting comboed?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
So am I wrong in thinking that f34 is a pseudo restand? I ask this because when Cyrax or other borgs hit someone with F34 they visually look restood for the sake of the combo hitting. Does this affect the gravity of characters who are getting comboed?
It does. When XL dropped I was trying to do this day one with smoke. Sadly it's negative on restand.