What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
@MadeOfMetal yeah I completely agree. There was a ton of other ways to fix him without hurting him nearly as bad as they did. Knockdown from net would of complete gotten rid of the close bomb b2 htb, but now it's still in you just can't loop it. And with how much they took away they should of let us still combo off armored tele.

But I have hope. These high damage htb combos for only 1 bar (that I don't feel bad about using now), standing armor to at least be able to interrupt gaps with (finally!), swag 6 bomb combos ending with a bomb on the ground for 33% meterless (not bad at all), bomb trades aren't as good. But if you do hit a bomb you can run in and F43 db4 super easily and it's still 20%, and can obviously get much more for 1 bar.

We are alive.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
So from 80% resets that aren't guaranteed, we've come to 40 and 50% resets that aren't guaranteed, max 33% damage from 42%, max 27% after bomb, max 40% 1 bar, max whiff punisher 37% 1 bar.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
So from 80% resets that aren't guaranteed, we've come to 40 and 50% resets that aren't guaranteed, max 33% damage from 42%, max 27% after bomb, max 40% 1 bar, max whiff punisher 37% 1 bar.
I honestly still feel like cyrax is viable, even after this nerf. He's basically Demolition Sonya now lol. We might find some more stuff still. Have hope, cyber siblings.

xxFalcon Loverxx

I honestly still feel like cyrax is viable, even after this nerf. He's basically Demolition Sonya now lol. We might find some more stuff still. Have hope, cyber siblings.
I'm not calling for buffs or stating he's bad or anything. I was just listing what he has now compared to pre-patch.
"cyber siblings" I like that name for triborg players lol.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
im just hoping they at least give us either:

Metered net in combo

or

Launching standing armor.

either would make me the happiest Cyrax player

other characters get 4% nerfs while we get 20% and up nerfs

i use 4 bomb combos now since 6 makes no dent

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

I could have timed the b1/low bomb slightly better but you get the idea.

60% 1-bar HTB

^Easier version for 56% instead. I took control is Sub-Zero in this and couldn't get him to backdash or do an armored move. His x-ray came out, but that's it.

Last edited:

John the Savage

@scarsunseen I'm sure you know this but the htb combo is great for raw NJPs as well. Gets around 43-44% meterless (can't remember exact %) with just NJP, b2, rc 4, net into the normal ender after htb.

Happens a surprising amount to punish people who are trying to get in by jumping over my ground bombs.

I could have timed the b1/low bomb slightly better but you get the idea.

60% 1-bar HTB

^Easier version for 56% instead. I took control is Sub-Zero in this and couldn't get him to backdash or do an armored move. His x-ray came out, but that's it.
You.. I like you. You post awesome stuff. Just tried this a few times in training and it's really consistent! Was a bit tricky to get that run uppercut though at first.
I still struggle getting the F21xxDB1 to actually land in matches. People are block crazy tonight. Cryax shall never die! :D

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
You.. I like you. You post awesome stuff. Just tried this a few times in training and it's really consistent! Was a bit tricky to get that run uppercut though at first.
I still struggle getting the F21xxDB1 to actually land in matches. People are block crazy tonight. Cryax shall never die! :D
At least ex-saw is safe on block!

Mix up F21 with B3 and B1 to ex-saw also.

John the Savage

Not sure if anyone tested since it hasn't been talked about but you can still get a bomb to hit them by timing out with them caught in a net from full screen. So you can still get decent little combos from full screen trades with EX db1. I had assumed with the shortened net that this wouldn't be possible, until I tried.

This is a 24% trade from full screen with EX db1. I'm positive you can get more.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
its still easy to hit confirm far bomb f43 after a net you just have to run cancel into f43 heres my post patch bnb ,
b1/b3 bf1, df2 RC f43, dd2 d2, df2 f43 df3, 111 dd3, njp db3, 4 saw , wakeup ex saw, into HTB , my own one is ex saw close bomb RC jip overhead , if you do this right the jip acts as a standalone hit and it becomes a HTB

xxFalcon Loverxx

its still easy to hit confirm far bomb f43 after a net you just have to run cancel into f43 heres my post patch bnb ,
b1/b3 bf1, df2 RC f43, dd2 d2, df2 f43 df3, 111 dd3, njp db3, 4 saw , wakeup ex saw, into HTB , my own one is ex saw close bomb RC jip overhead , if you do this right the jip acts as a standalone hit and it becomes a HTB
Can you please list damage since i'm not good with the wake-up tech roll into ex saw shit lol.

xxFalcon Loverxx

I found a 70% midscreen to corner htb reset:
F21 xx BF1, Run Cancel, DF2, F43, DF2, F43, DF2, 114 xx DD2, D2, DB3, Walk Back, 21 xx DD3, NJP, B2, Low Bomb (reset) B3D4, NJP, B2, 4, 114 xx EX DB1, F43 xx DB4 = 33 + 37 = 70%