What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

huh

Noob
How the fuck do you get two DF2 bombs in a row there at the beginning? Everytime I do this they bounce right back in my face and go over my head causing a side switch. I can't be the only one with this problem.
After the net, you have to run to be close to the opponent (otherwise what you described will happen). Do the first df2 and as soon as possible do the f43. Do the second df2, and do the second f43 as late as possible, when the opponent is almost in your waist height. After that the timing is easier.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I dunno if the htb combos I posted above address ideal with b2. There doesn't seem to be ANY block push back with b2 at all.

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
I dunno if the htb combos I posted above address ideal with b2. There doesn't seem to be ANY block push back with b2 at all.
In the first htb combo they might be able to backdash out. The second looks like they can't. I've noticed you have to be almost touching them when they are in the net for backdashing and armor to not work against it.

I enjoying using the htb in combo though. Gets great 1 bar damage. And pisses off the people that got us nerfed.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

They can't backdash, armor, and most characters can't even get an xray in. The only one who can x-ray through this is Sonya as far as I can tell. I even tested with Sub Zero's parry x-ray and he can't get through.

Just tested against CSZ parry x-ray and if timed properly, he can't x-ray.

Last edited:

huh

Noob
My BNB's from B2 (other starters: ex db1, njp) into HKD (going for max damage on the HKD for 30%)

b2, 4 bf1, df2, f43 (when bomb leaves screen), df3, d2, dd3, f34, wb, 4~db1 - 34% Meterless (33% ending in 4~dd3) (moving forward)
b2, 4~bf1, dd2, step forward, 4~db2, jb4, dd2, 21~db2, wb, d2, wb, 4~df1 - 33% (32% ending in 4~dd3) (moving backwards)

HKD: dd3, b3d4, njp, b3u4~db4 - 30% (@scarsunseen, maybe this is the max damage after a HTB, check it out)

@xxFalcon Loverxx

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
They can't backdash, armor, and most characters can't even get an xray in. The only one who can x-ray through this is Sonya as far as I can tell. I even tested with Sub Zero's parry x-ray and he can't get through.

said it many times but thank you lord paulo for ethereal lol
wonder would cassies ex nut punch get out?
off to bed now but must play around with this tomorrow

BowsersDad

Low tier
Appreciate everyone who didn't give up on the big homie Cyrax when he was neutered. Thank you all for the tech. My internet has been off for a week and will continue to be off as I move to a new place, so I'll still be enjoying my pre patch Cyrax until then Lmao

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I loved the DLC, but tbh. I'm not going to buy any other DLC at all in the next NRS game, which is probably injustice 2. They release the characters top 5, they nerf them to the point of low tier (I'M NOT SAYING CYRAX IS LOW TIER I'M JUST SAYING THEY'LL PROBABLY NERF HIM EVEN MORE JUST LIKE TANYA BECAUSE NRS LIVES AND DIES OFF OF DLC NERFS)

xxFalcon Loverxx

The OP has been updated with the following, i will update corner combos and more later:
1 bar midscreen:
F43 xx EX DB4, 4 xx BF1, DF2, 114 xx DD2, D2, DB2, NJP, Walk Back, 21, 4 xx DB4 = 40%
Thank you scarsunseen for the combo above!
F21 xx EX DB1, Run Cancel, 4 xx BF1, DF2, F43, DD2, D2, DF3, F131, 4 xx DB4 = 36%(B1 Starter = 35% B3 Starter = 35% 111 Starter = 35%)
Thanks to STB Sgt Reed for the combo above!
F21 xx EX DB1, Dash, 4 xx BF1, DD2, Run Cancel, 4 xx DB2, BackDash, 4 xx DD2, JBK, DB2, NJP, DD3, JBK, DF3, D2, F34, B2, 4 xx DB4 = 36% (B1 Starter = 35% B3 Starter = 36% 111 Starter = 35% F13 starter = 36%)

xxFalcon Loverxx

Did anyone come up with something good after a f21~net, moving backwards?

The best I can do is

f21~bf1, dd2, f21 db2, JB4, dd2, 4 db2, JB4, dd3, wb, 21~db3, NJP, (wb, b2), 4~db4 - 27% Meterless (net on ground, moving backwards)
What's "wb"?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'm so mad with how Cyrax Damage is.

it sickens me. but kinda got a old school looking ragdoll type of combo, but guess what it does 33% like always, cept my 35% enders and so on.

MadeOfMetal

Oh, thanks.
ill post combos soon, just still in mourning

not getting high damage. no matter if i throw bombs till my fingers don't move. they took his damage and we need to hold a service for this sad time.

BTW

anyone know what move will reach Mileena spamming B12 at max range?

cuz im lost for solutions. seems if i F13 F21 or even EX bomb they simply hit me at startup, and nothing gets her. most of it wiffs, and forget about pokes cuz they agint gonna reach.

i seriously don't know what i can do against her footsie range.

she has better projectile, and when i get close to beating the neutral they just spam B12 me to death.(they may be doing a slight walk back before each B12.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

strange, how do you continue juggle after that? with another meter or what? they really need to bring back net, im doing like 6 bomb combos, and still getting 35%

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
strange, how do you continue juggle after that? with another meter or what? they really need to bring back net, im doing like 6 bomb combos, and still getting 35%
You can just do 4, f43, db4 and its 27% plus the 23 before the htb reset. Basically making it 50% 1 bar. Can do 2 bars to get 56% by enhancing the db4 and just doing another f43 db4 after. She and I have posted some examples up above.

MadeOfMetal

You can just do 4, f43, db4 and its 27% plus the 23 before the htb reset. Basically making it 50% 1 bar. Can do 2 bars to get 56% by enhancing the db4 and just doing another f43 db4 after. She and I have posted some examples up above.
i get ya... just didn't think so little would do 30ish%

i miss my 45%ers :(

i miss my 40%ers into HTB that was allready backdashable, and armorable. but hey.. we still have them, just no net to continue them over and over. now we just cut them short to loop em.

NRS baffles me
they set out to take away
HTB and Reset, and they left HTB on Tekada, Cyrax, CSZ, PRedator.

so they remove net after a bomb connects? instead of making net drop knockdown? what gives? reset would be gone, and HTB would be the same as its always been and is now? and character wouldn't be ruined. and i actually would prefer the shitty no standing armor, that Armors on wakeup and launches compared to Armor that works but lanches them away and down, for only one waisted bar and 11%

Next patch:

they should revert net

or

allow us to use EX Net in combo, what do you all think. we could reset once for each bar.

so that would be our way to get some damage for a bar.. i like it what do you all think.

and second that armor needs to be a launcher, and ill be peachy with Cyrax till the end of MKXL