What's new

Guide - Cyber Sub-Zero MKXL Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread (Updated 10-3-16)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
@G4S J360 The thread is randomly duplicating spoilers, could you or another mod resolve this issue? I've tried but it keeps putting it back as soon as I delete it.

Edit: Fixed it.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

Ok guys, meterless midscreen is done soooo.. Gimme all your Metered combos for midscreen!

DarksydeDash

What is the most you guys have got off B3U4 in the corner with no meter? I've gotten 31% so far.

B2 meterless combos?

I do agree... it is best to have drones out whenever possible to maximize damage, doing them during a combo scales way too much

B2, RC 4, 4-(de)bf1, jip f123-db4 = 31%
B2 RC 4, 4-(de)bf1, b1 (de)2+4 = 32%

still in lab, will post more

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
What is the most you guys have got off B3U4 in the corner with no meter? I've gotten 31% so far.
The most I can get is 32%, but it doesn't require a freeze so you could cancel the last string into bomb instead of slide for set-ups. That one does 30%.

b3u4 xx FDK, f43 xx CDK, NJP, f43 xx CDK, 114 xx slide

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I think DE f12 is going to be useful as our meterless whiff punish option.

DE f12, RC f131 xx slide - 24%
DE f12, RC f43 x FDK f2 - 24%
DE f12, RC 21, f131 xx slide - 27%

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
(Corner) DE bomb, s4 xx slide (bomb), dud bomb, b2, jik, s4 xx X-ray - 54%?

Updated the guide with some new routes as well... Kinda lonely in here.

DarksydeDash

Hey guys, I'm going to be home tomorrow so I'm going to try to update the thread. Thanks again for everyone's assistance.

mk_mamood77

Liu/JohnnyKenshi main
Is the 1,1,1,2 bomb setup still works in the corner? I dont know why I cant drop a close bomb before they can get up.

mk_mamood77

Liu/JohnnyKenshi main
Is the 1,1,1,2 bomb setup still works in the corner? I dont know why I cant drop a close bomb before they can get up.
I guess it has been nerfed.
Best I can do is 212 (drone enhance) cancel to close bomb, Hard to blockable b3,d4. summon drone. f43, f43, njp, 212 (drone enhance) cancel to colse bomb. repeat.
If anyone can tell me if the bomb setup after hard knock down like f2 or 1112 would work please tell me.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I guess it has been nerfed.
Best I can do is 212 (drone enhance) cancel to close bomb, Hard to blockable b3,d4. summon drone. f43, f43, njp, 212 (drone enhance) cancel to colse bomb. repeat.
If anyone can tell me if the bomb setup after hard knock down like f2 or 1112 would work please tell me.
Ending a combo in f2 > f43 xx CDK works vs tech roll. F2 > b3d4 works vs delayed wake-up.

Revenger7x

Learning from this! PSN: SNAK3_SCYTH3
My usual BNB is corner ending combo in F2> close bomb B3D4 Drone call F12(DE) NJP JIK F131 Slide = 32%

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Something I was spitballing the other day. Is it viable to end combos in f2 and then do drone summon as opposed to bomb or do drone summon instead of a slide ender?

Revenger7x

Something I was spitballing the other day. Is it viable to end combos in f2 and then do drone summon as opposed to bomb or do drone summon instead of a slide ender?
Depends on your setup...you could get wake up/ armored if your timing is off. What would you use the drone for in the corner as a start up with no advantage?

Last edited:

Revenger7x

If it leads into your next setup and you dont need the damage or put your opponent in the corner then sure.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I can see it's possible for Triborg to use multiple s4 in corner combo (like Tanya's combos). I tried with Cybersub, after B2 it's possible to do s4 5 times into 111 slide. I'm wondering if it leads to optimal damage?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah, that sounds viable. The number of characters that could punish this even after a mid-screen slide ender is probably pretty low.

Revenger7x

Anyone else start a match with B2xx slide cancel? I get such a high % even against good players.
I've also noticed people dont usually punish 213 into crossover. Only after i do it 2 - 3 times do they try poking or armoring the gap.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Anyone else start a match with B2xx slide cancel? I get such a high % even against good players.
I've also noticed people dont usually punish 213 into crossover. Only after i do it 2 - 3 times do they try poking or armoring the gap.
I've never done it at the start of a match. But I wondered about corner set-ups, like ...f2, bomb, f1, b2 xx slide, or something like that. It seems like it'd make slide combo into bomb on hit and keep slide safe-ish on block.

Or you could let b2 rock, bomb keeping that safe/ giving + frames on block and giving a freeze-less combo > 114 xx bomb on hit.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Finding that MB cryo bomb in the corner is very combo-friendly. I'm blocking wake-ups and punishing with s4 xx slide, puddle freeze into ~40%.

I'm having trouble with a few of these

111 ice ball ~ ji2 ~ b3u4 xx FDK ~ NJP ~ JI4xx CDK ~ 21 ~ b12+4 the b1 always seems to whiff

Ive never used the charafter beforex has his mid screen combos always been so tight windowed ?