What's new

MKX will allow, "choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both..."

antihype...

Thats been done and would not make this unique at all. If they do it right it could be the best thing to ever happen to fighting games.
I'm not willing to gamble my game on uniqueness. I'll take a safe bet of general improvements over yolo innovation any day. You see it as being full of positive potential. I see nothing but the negative.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah pretty much, its just nerve racking when a game is announced and they don't want to at least give an idea of what we are going likely see.
lol I hear ya, they gave us a bite now everyone wants the whole cake! lol

SonicFox5000

The Best.
YOOOOOOO i can see a groove where Mileena can be a zoner whereas:
She has long normals, great zoning tools, but no roll and tele. Like she could have different ways to keep you fullscreen or at midpoint and different options to throw sai (In air as well)
Then you get offensive Mileena where she is an anti zoner with a tele/ roll and has short normals, but are +. And she could only have normal sai toss and no instant air sais lol. Like these sais would hit HIGH while zoner Mileeena sais hit mid!

YOOOOOOO i can see a groove where Mileena can be a zoner whereas:
She has long normals, great zoning tools, but no roll and tele. Like she could have different ways to keep you fullscreen or at midpoint and different options to throw sai (In air as well)
Then you get offensive Mileena where she is an anti zoner with a tele/ roll and has short normals, but are +. And she could only have normal sai toss and no instant air sais lol. Like these sais would hit HIGH while zoner Mileeena sais hit mid!
Then lets have a roster of 30 Mileenas no need more characters...lol

Different versions of each character? Tell me this is a fucking joke. Just. Make. A fighting game. Stop trying to be inventive. This announcement just killed so much hype for me. Character customization in MK...get out.
Stop trying to be inventive? You're a joke.

Stick with the old MKs if you don't want to try something new and just want a barebone fighter.

Some people on this site smh.

Medina4life

Media Master
This is probably coming from the guy who got hype for create-a-fatality....
Stop trying to be inventive isn't the best advice for a Game Studio. If they try something new and it doesn't work out, o well. Just play MK9 if you want the same game.
Hopefully whatever they try will be fun and competitive. We can only wait and see. No point in bashing something we know nothing about and haven't tried.

Stop trying to be inventive isn't the best advice for a Game Studio. If they try something new and it doesn't work out, o well. Just play MK9 if you want the same game.
Hopefully whatever they try will be fun and competitive. We can only wait and see. No point in bashing something we know nothing about and haven't tried.
We wouldn't be on this site unless we cared a lot about this game. I don't know if you've seen what I've seen in games within the past few years, but inventiveness has gone truly sour. I prefer safety, and not fixing what isn't broken. MK9 had its issues with balance and such, but it was a great game at its core. If they stray too far from it, I predict failure. Believe you me when I hope your right and I'm wrong.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
They've already shown us what it means. Look at Nightwing, or Wonder Woman. They'll just make both "stances" more in depth and you'll have to choose the stance at character select.

This sounds cool, but does that mean we have to learn 2 or more matchups for each character? Imagine learning 90 different matchups guys...Yuck.
The characters wouldnt change enough to count it as learning an entire new matchup. There might be some nuances that could make them play a little differently, but I am sure the basic strategy would stay the same.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Good to be back.... Hello MK.

Always online experience sounds great. What I'm getting from it is that the EXPERIENCE is always connected, not the MATCHES. In other words, it could be similar to time trials in a racing game where you are always posting a time in a certain road whether you are trying to or not. This time posts online to your friends to see if they can beat the aforementioned time. In translation to MK, a person could say fatality Kabal 36 times on The Pit without taking any damage on expert...can you beat that? Keeps the masses involved and could potentially lead the masses to stay away from the higher level and more important aspects such as the development of the meta and balance. It also translates to win/loss with the above comparison. You always have those guys that say they only play offline and don't care about online. Well I'll go you your record and history of play and see if you care; just an added experience. I don't see them taking anything away from mechanics in regards to this game and keep in mind they have had three years to try this character select thing so in actuality there SHOULDN'T be anything "YOLO" about it. I have a crazy feeling about the hype around this one. It feels bigger than the past but it could just be me.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm not willing to gamble my game on uniqueness. I'll take a safe bet of general improvements over yolo innovation any day. You see it as being full of positive potential. I see nothing but the negative.
ok so thats fine...whats your point? I'm a glass half full kind of guy and your a glass half empty. Of course it has the potential to go wrong but wouldn't you rather speculate on what it could look like if they get it right?

Trust me...they have lot more riding on this than you do.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Is this like in MK Deadly Alliance where the characters have two unarmed martial arts styles and one weapon-based style, which they can switch between with the push of a button ?

ok so thats fine...whats your point? I'm a glass half full kind of guy and your a glass half empty. Of course it has the potential to go wrong but wouldn't you rather speculate on what it could look like if they get it right?

Trust me...they have lot more riding on this than you do.
Just an observation to be discussed. I wasn't hitting on you....But seriously, a lot more riding on it? Does netherream or MK in general really have that great of a track record? Armageddon, MK vs DC, Deadly Alliance (I suppose that's debatable). Even injustice is pretty suspect considering most people on this site just bitch about it. I donno man. I'm gonna stop myself now because at the end of the day none of us really know what they're doing, but this scares me. A lot. I hope e3 clarifies.