What's new

MKX will allow, "choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both..."

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Well, for everyone that thought MK9 was unbalanced and hated that, get ready for a game that will be exponentially (literally an order of magnitude) more difficult to balance. REALLY hope this is just an aesthetics things. NRS has not been great at inventing new systems in their gameplay.

mrsz

O.G. SZ
If it's done well you'll see more match up strategies, and even using alternate characters just so you have a counter pick variation.

If it's done poorly you'll see one optimal choice for each character. You've heard it here first, and it's more likely to be the latter.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
If it's done well you'll see more match up strategies, and even using alternate characters just so you have a counter pick variation.

If it's done poorly you'll see one optimal choice for each character. You've heard it here first, and it's more likely to be the latter.
I think its meant more like how certain Ultras in SF4 work better for certain matchups.

If one option is unbalanced though it'll definitely defeat the purpose all together for the character.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I just hope they add Predator as a Guest character, his story as a hunter of the universe can work well in MKU. Like for example he goes to every realm and finally lands in Earthrealm for his hunt and the warriors of MKU are in his was of his goals etc.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
So Kabal in MK3 will be better than the Kabal in MK9? hmm I'd like to see how that plays out. lol I like the Idea though and the servers online better be better or at least be in the servers on the new one NRS did in teh update on MK9 recently.

Plop

Noob
I reckon it will be like the 3d games, where you switch between different fighting styles, but you just choose the style at the character select and the styles are more complete than they were in the 3d ones

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Just an observation to be discussed. I wasn't hitting on you....But seriously, a lot more riding on it? Does netherream or MK in general really have that great of a track record? Armageddon, MK vs DC, Deadly Alliance (I suppose that's debatable). Even injustice is pretty suspect considering most people on this site just bitch about it. I donno man. I'm gonna stop myself now because at the end of the day none of us really know what they're doing, but this scares me. A lot. I hope e3 clarifies.
E3 will clarify. Hitting on me? I don't get the point of saying that either. I just don't know what the point of u quoting my post to tell me "u see too much positive" really is. Acknowledging that none of us know what is going to happen means that we can speculate on whatever we want. For you that's the negative and for me that's the positive.

For the record, the only MK game that I didn't like was MK versus DC. Admittedly they were bad games, I still enjoyed them. I have faith that they will produce a game on par or better than MK9

E3 will clarify. Hitting on me? I don't get the point of saying that either. I just don't know what the point of u quoting my post to tell me "u see too much positive" really is. Acknowledging that none of us know what is going to happen means that we can speculate on whatever we want. For you that's the negative and for me that's the positive.

For the record, the only MK game that I didn't like was MK versus DC. Admittedly they were bad games, I still enjoyed them. I have faith that they will produce a game on par or better than MK9
I originally quoted you because you claimed anti-hype, as well as a dislike for an unoriginal idea.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Imagining getting to choose portal trap Noob or zoning monster Noob makes me incredibly moist
I missed you...:oops:. On topic, Just imagine MKX tournaments with Kano style 1, Sheeva style 2, Reptile style 3, Noob style 1, etc in top 8, no more Kabal nor Kenshi bullcr*p!

Reactions: RYX
I wouldn't want different types of one character if it meant you had to sacrifice the depth of a character. One of the most fun things to do is to figure out how a character works, wouldn't want to take that away.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I wouldn't want different types of one character if it meant you had to sacrifice the depth of a character. One of the most fun things to do is to figure out how a character works, wouldn't want to take that away.
But there is the risk of another Kabal, Kenshi, ot worst... another Kano :eek:.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The trailer should have been two Scorpions fighting with the different style. At least that way we would have gotten to see how is it that that mechanic works. Right now it just could be so many different things. E3 is just so far!!!

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
The trailer should have been two Scorpions fighting with the different style. At least that way we would have gotten to see how is it that that mechanic works. Right now it just could be so many different things. E3 is just so far!!!
But there is only 1 scorpion, you can choose 2 in versus mode but that is another thing, in the canon story there is just one. Hope for a gameplay trailer at E3 though.

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
Lets say its is like Melty Blood....
At character select screen you choose your character, then choose 1 of 3 different movesets/specials, then their color/costume...

Speaking of costumes...I hope they bring back really old ones....
Scorpion's DA costume is awesome IMO

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
But there is only 1 scorpion, you can choose 2 in versus mode but that is another thing, in the canon story there is just one. Hope for a gameplay trailer at E3 though.
Yeah, I know there is only one Scorpion. I meant having real gameplay footage of a mirror match just to show what the different styles really are. I hope we get to see that at E3