What's new

MKX to take over tournaments nationwide.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Maybe they'll have some kind of online tourney mode? Or voting mode? I'm guessing involving "everyone" hmmm. My thoughts on this topic with this "MK vs. SF" debate...ok tournaments are always good for a fighter, obviously however SF or otherwise having "more entrants" doesn't=better game. Just means more tournaments, besides I grow tired of Capcom's "SSF4 100 Super Duper Ultra gimmick edition"! Just making SSF5 already....seriously, I've never seen a company milk a cow til it's last drop lol.

That being said, I'm sure MK X will do well worldwide in EVERY aspect tournament wise as well as casually, online, offline etc. MK offers something for everyone, not just one aspect. Example, regardless of MVC had more tourneys then Injustice and MK(which I personally don't care about) Injustice and MK 9 sold MORE worldwide so yeah...nuff said.

Of course I can get into outside media from both franchises but we already know MK's been more successful for obvious reasons then SF there, so not even going to get into that.

Point is, MK like SF has been at Evo, and many bigger tourneys, popular etc as has Injustice( and I don't even play Injustice anymore haven't for a while now in any form)

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Really hope that MKX will have good netcode so it is possible to do online Tournament the one thing which helped Dota2/LoL and SC2 at the start of the game to keep people interested in the game without the need to travel. And also give Casuals a option to play in a competitive setting.

Killer Instincts quality netcode
+
Scheduled online tournaments in game (whether they have entry fees or not/they're for prize money or not)
=
No doubt in my mind MKX will be not most successful fighter since SF4 was released. That idea is just toooooo delicious. People will strive to get better just to compete. The only must is that it has to be at least decently balanced.

Its ambitious, but like LoL and other games, I think its worth the effort in implementing it.

@colt