What's new

MKX recycled animations

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Scorpions superman type move looks like Shazam's. Big character moves like doomsday. Ladybug seems like Sinestro. Do you see it as well?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Scorpions superman type move looks like Shazam's. Big character moves like doomsday. Ladybug seems like Sinestro. Do you see it as well?
Master Blaster (big guy) did a move that looked similar to Bane's run. I don't know the move name.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
After scorpion speared sub he did a torpedo move that looks like Shazam's. Ladybug's arms out of her back look like Sinestro's in terms of animation. Big guy did like Doomsday's supermove head pound before he goes through the earth.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I haven't seen it yet but unless they straight up kopy and pasted entire move animations (like strings) then it's all good. Re-used animations along with new ones helps save them time so they kould work on other things and make the game better overall. As long as it looks good, I'm fine with it. Plus, some animations are actually great so no need to reinvent the wheel.

ando1184

Warrior
The only pet peev I had is that when they xrayed it had the same sound fx as a MB move from injustice. This is just a preview of what the game is gonna be like so hopefully by next year MK will be more of its own thing.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The Bane style charge was pretty sketchy. Especially when you see him MB it and it throws the child on top of the downed opponent. That move may not look exactly like Bane's charge, but it seems to act like it.

Please remember that IGAU also copied certain things from MK9 as well and it was no big deal.

Also, Ryu has had the same god damn moveset for 20 years. If Capcom made a new game every 2 years they'd probably recycle shit too.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
the big guy has one of Bane's strings, lol

he does the f.2-down 2 string, with the kick pop-up, that nobody ever used

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I haven't seen it yet but unless they straight up kopy and pasted entire move animations (like strings) then it's all good. Re-used animations along with new ones helps save them time so they kould work on other things and make the game better overall. As long as it looks good, I'm fine with it. Plus, some animations are actually great so no need to reinvent the wheel.
It's like going from mkda to mkd. The character is the same but has completely different movesets to the point where you are playing say, kitana in mk vs dc and her hand move is given to kung lao in mk9. The b1f1 string. Personally I do not want mk10 to have injustice animations. NRS have gone from cut and paste ninjas to cut and paste animations. Sure it saves them time but as an mk fan I would happily wait longer for something that is fresh and different from another ip, even if it is from the same development team.

the big guy has one of Bane's strings, lol

he does the f.2-down 2 string, with the kick pop-up, that nobody ever used
F2 is kinda useful isn't it? I saw this too, also his xray when he slams them in the ground by the head kinda looks like Grundys swamp string or whatever

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It's like going from mkda to mkd. The character is the same but has completely different movesets to the point where you are playing say, kitana in mk vs dc and her hand move is given to kung lao in mk9. The b1f1 string. Personally I do not want mk10 to have injustice animations. NRS have gone from cut and paste ninjas to cut and paste animations. Sure it saves them time but as an mk fan I would happily wait longer for something that is fresh and different from another ip, even if it is from the same development team.
I see where this is koming from and in some ways I agree but most likely they have a time schedule. At some point they have to decide what's more important. To me a few re-used animations here and there isn't too big a deal.

Also, some of these moves may be placeholders or subject to change. In MK9, before the game released, Scorpion had Kano's throw animation.

Last edited: