What's new

MKX Prerelease FAQs / Info

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
@trufenix

Don't say I put a wealth of information >_>
That was so many builds ago, I don't even know if its completely accurate since my experience is limited.
I posted up what I saw, but I don't want people getting bad info. Pull my name please.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I think it should be noted that MKX is being developed concurrently on PS4, XB1, and PC. So we shouldn't have any of the "bad port" issues we had with MK9.
Hey man is there any evidence for that highlighted part? Everything I had read before this says that NRS are just doing PS4 and Xbone in house. I hope I'm wrong though!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hey man is there any evidence for that highlighted part? Everything I had read before this says that NRS are just doing PS4 and Xbone in house. I hope I'm wrong though!
It was said off the record by one of the NRS employees in a stream chat.

trufenix

bye felicia
@Doombawkz
Pulled. I actually pulled all the hands on links because there are a million hands on reports now and a ton of them are out of date, I think if someone really wants a recent hands on report they can use the search box.

I picked up MK9 after its release, so I wasn't around for the lead-up. How many character reveals were done, before it dropped? Did Boon essentially follow the same pattern that's currently being done?

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
So is thread or statment saying which console tournament will be on? Ps3 or ps4? The ps3 ver is ported by another company.

trufenix

bye felicia
So is thread or statment saying which console tournament will be on? Ps3 or ps4? The ps3 ver is ported by another company.
Its a safe bet xbone or ps4 will be the tournament standard, but its not going to be decided for months after release either way.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
But definitely buy it on next gen since iys the only vers creayed by nrs? Anyword on that?

LockM

Noob
Will you have to in MKX again "commit" to a string or an attack immediately after a jump in? Like in MK9 and Injustice.
Wasn't a fan of that to be honest.

trufenix

bye felicia
Made some updates (Factions, brutalities, mobile, etc)

Will you have to in MKX again "commit" to a string or an attack immediately after a jump in? Like in MK9 and Injustice.
Wasn't a fan of that to be honest.
MKX jump ins work like Injustice. Some of them "jail" allowing you to go right into a string, others simply stun or knock down and you have to time it.

LockM

Noob
Made some updates (Factions, brutalities, mobile, etc)

MKX jump ins work like Injustice. Some of them "jail" allowing you to go right into a string, others simply stun or knock down and you have to time it.
I see. I'm used to hitconfirming my jump attacks and usually in other 2D fighters i could only hit buttons after i stood on the ground, in Injustice and MK it felt the other way around where you need to input attacks be fore you hit the ground. It is something i guess i'll need to get used to then.

Zanxus

Don't know if NRS has answered this yet but does P1 still have the advantage over P2 like in MK9?

d'fly

Noob
Don't know if NRS has answered this yet but does P1 still have the advantage over P2 like in MK9?[/QUOTE

If you're talking about the lack of trades in mk9, letting the first player win regardless in those situations...mkx has trades now. If there were any other retarded P1 adv. I wouldn't know, cause I stopped playing mk9 shortly after learning of that travesty. Trades are necessary, glad they're in

d'fly

Noob
Can anyone speak about the run mechanic a bit more? I understand its dash and hold block, my question is while running, in order to transition to block do u need to release block to end the run and then hold block again? If so is this process instant or does run have a slight recovery? Also thrilled that dash blocking is out, makes people commit and strengthens zoning

How do I do a combo breaker / air breaker / x ray in MKX?
will there be a tutorial mode like in IGAU?
never played MK9 before

Sami

Noob
How do I do a combo breaker / air breaker / x ray in MKX?
will there be a tutorial mode like in IGAU?
never played MK9 before
Assuming it stays the same as in MK9:

Combo breakers are forward+block. Air break is exactly the same (just when you're being juggled)
X-ray is either both triggers (pad) or both kicks+block (stick)
MK9 and Injustice both had tutorials and practice mode. Injustice practice mode is better than MK9's and from what we've seen of MKX's practice mode it's even better than the Injustice one.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice, but want to address a few things.

1. Regarding Scorpion's fireball, I believe it CAN be cancelled via dashing. I've seen Paulo or whoever showcased Scorpion early on via one of the earlier streams and one of them saying it(may have been Paulo or John Edwards)

2. The running can be cancelled into anything except BLOCK. I noticed that breakdown didn't mention except block(a la MK 9 dash blocking cancelling)

3. Kano's cutthroat, I could have sworn when they revealed the first Kano trailer that it's a temporary "buff" for him? Unless this is changed?

4. Region Lock, thought this was confirmed to be region locked =PS4. Not region locked=Xbox One and PC. ????

LockM

Noob
Can you throw armoured moves in MKX? I assume it is the same for Injustice but i i can't remember.