What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
I had mk9 and injustice on pc, both were pretty bad.

Needles to say I skipped out on mkx for pc since nrs decided to go with High voltage again...

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
I just realized that High Voltage is also doing the ps3/360 versions.......maybe NRS killed everyone at High Voltage and is just taking care of business themselves now?

too bad they are taking a long ass time and still aren't doing it right
Well, yes and no. The PC version has had a lot of problems, there's no doubt about that, but there's also lots of people who are able to play the game well enough.

Hopefully after a few more patches _everyone_ will be able to play it well enough.

I had mk9 and injustice on pc, both were pretty bad.

Needles to say I skipped out on mkx for pc since nrs decided to go with High voltage again...
NRS didn't decide anything though, WBIE is the decision maker. And since WBIE keeps going with High Voltage, they're obviously happy with their business relationship.

At this point though, for the next game that gets ported, I hope they try someone else.

I just realized that High Voltage is also doing the ps3/360 versions.......maybe NRS killed everyone at High Voltage and is just taking care of business themselves now?
Doubtful. NRS would only pick up the last gen ports if WBIE tasked them with it, and since HVS is contracted to do those ports, a switch likely won't occur since HVS would need to be paid out.

However, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are standardized platforms, so in theory, they should be easier to port to.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
NRS didn't decide anything though, WBIE is the decision maker. And since WBIE keeps going with High Voltage, they're obviously happy with their business relationship.

At this point though, for the next game that gets ported, I hope they try someone else.
Yeah that makes sense I guess, It still is a little hard for me to believe that nrs would have no say in the company that ports the game they make.

I always figured they used High voltage since they are based in IL.

Yeah that makes sense I guess, It still is a little hard for me to believe that nrs would have no say in the company that ports the game they make.

I always figured they used High voltage since they are based in IL.
I'm sure as the developer NRS can voice their opinion, but keep in mind that WBIE owns both NRS and Mortal Kombat. For all we know, NRS has no issue with HVS, or simply wants to focus on their own work (the PS4 and Xbox One versions). Or perhaps they objected but WBIE decided on HVS anyway.

We'll likely never know, but we do know that WBIE is the primary decision maker on the business end of all things Mortal Kombat.

No offense to you, but these comments are not needed man. It may seem easy to us, but re-writing an entire game and testing it to make sure it is EXACTLY the same on console. Doesn't seem that easy to me.
But it's kind of their job and what they were paid a lot of money to do. If a construction company starts building a building but is behind schedule and the designs are different than they are supposed to be, then they should be blamed for doing a bad job.

qspec

Noob
But it's kind of their job and what they were paid a lot of money to do. If a construction company starts building a building but is behind schedule and the designs are different than they are supposed to be, then they should be blamed for doing a bad job.
But they aren't behind schedule. They are on schedule from the sound of it. They are behind by design.

I also don't think that they are fully to blame for most of the issues. Netcode is said to be bad (though not as bad) on consoles. The memory leak affected consoles too. There are other issues that were basically inherited from the main game.

Now that's not to say that I'm defending HVS. I'm not thrilled with their communication. At this point, we could really just use a "we know and are working on it around the clock" but the last announcement was weeks ago. And there have been PC-exclusive issues (the big one being the save deletion), so that's likely not stemming from NRS.

But HVS is only a part of the problem and probably shouldn't be catching shit for being behind a patch, netcode, bugs shared with consoles, memory leaks, etc.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Porting code to be compatible on PC with all the different range of CPU/GPU processing configurations is a lot of work. At least it is being addressed.

But they aren't behind schedule. They are on schedule from the sound of it. They are behind by design.

I also don't think that they are fully to blame for most of the issues. Netcode is said to be bad (though not as bad) on consoles. The memory leak affected consoles too. There are other issues that were basically inherited from the main game.

Now that's not to say that I'm defending HVS. I'm not thrilled with their communication. At this point, we could really just use a "we know and are working on it around the clock" but the last announcement was weeks ago. And there have been PC-exclusive issues (the big one being the save deletion), so that's likely not stemming from NRS.

But HVS is only a part of the problem and probably shouldn't be catching shit for being behind a patch, netcode, bugs shared with consoles, memory leaks, etc.
Bingo, someone who gets it. There are problems with the PC version, no question about it, but not everything is strictly to do with the PC port alone. There's lots of issues here, stemming from HVS, NRS, and WBIE.

For example, online has always been bad in NRS games, whether they're HVS ports or not. Has everyone forgotten the Mortal Kombat (2011) launch? That game's online was atrocious, and it took months to get a patch that improved things, but it was still poor online.

Basically, I just assume NRS games' will always have poor online, and if that proves not to be the case I'll consider it a bonus :p.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
So when's the Tanya patch supposed to come out?
I get that some stuff is out of their hands but as a competitive player it seems if you don't have a PS4 you're just gonna be forever behind on patches?
I had a tournament yesterday and I couldn't play Cassie coz I play on XB1 and PC and neither got the patch in time for me to adjust my combos/strings >__>;

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
Porting code to be compatible on PC with all the different range of CPU/GPU processing configurations is a lot of work. At least it is being addressed.
Significantly less so this generation, considering the incredible similarity of the architecture. The added work for a PC port makes sense on a launch, but not on a patch. I'd say that they've all but proven their incompetence at this point. All we can hope is that MKX goes ZoE:HD soon so that NRS fires these clowns and either does it in house or finds a new studio.

Playing him at midrang ish spacing and rushing him down usually dont give him the thought of doing it -_- Lets not send him back to his Injustice version again.
If i can sit full screen ( which i usually dont) i can react to it being an overhead or grab.
Not all moves are reactable but come on now. Half his strings are unsafe. All his specials are unsafe. Walk speed isnt the best. One move stands out. Theres worse :/
Offline unsafe. Online god tier

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Significantly less so this generation, considering the incredible similarity of the architecture. The added work for a PC port makes sense on a launch, but not on a patch. I'd say that they've all but proven their incompetence at this point. All we can hope is that MKX goes ZoE:HD soon so that NRS fires these clowns and either does it in house or finds a new studio.
For sure they've banged up this port pretty badly. But their response seems a lot faster on these critical issues than Capcom has treated USF4 on PC.

NRS can't fire HVS.