What's new

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Trailer & Discussion Thread

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Anyone else see the part where Bo did what looked like his low starter into a command grab? Could this be tick throws on hit a la vicious f/t? Possibly a non-throw command grab like gotcha grab? A string with the 1+3 input? Interesting stuff

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
A lot of people probably did not preorder (Goro) or bought the skins outside of the DLC content. I certainly didn't, even if I thought that Tundra SZ is the best skin in the entire game. If you bought it, then you got your money's worth. With KP2, I feel it's now worth it.
I agree I don't see why some people are bitching over the already released content being INCLUDED in this pack....as if everyone already bought it all? I know plenty of people who have MKX who didn't buy those costume packs. I think some people just love to bitch for the sake of bitching, nothing shady about it. I think it's actually a great bargain for those who haven't bought all those packs included in KP 2.

If anything what's shady would be those companies like ohh Capcom? Who charge for a bunch of on disc shit as DLC...now that's shady.

ThePunisher1

Montruckin'
Who doesn't have Goro already? Isn't Kold War Scorpion already free? No Skin for Kung Jin or Jaqi? If this is $30 or more, instant no buy.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
imagine if triborg had the voice actors from the respective characters in mk9, that would be so cash. prolly not though because of variationless

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
How is it cut up awkwardly and whats the big deal lol?
There is no big deal, just being a sarcastic fuck, although the cutting was weird as shit skipping some parts of the trailer and it was really weird editing. Not to mention an unnecessary upload since there was already 3 videos uploaded, and 2 videos of the trailer were already in the thread, one of them being in the OP

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I believe that the Pit stage is going to work differently than any other stage. The current stage selection screen would require 4 additional stages to maintain its current display style. They aren't going to remove the ? option, so there have to be 4 new stages or the pit is going to be something like the floor pit stage in MK1 where you fight reptile. If they were adding 4 stages, they likely would've showcased more than just 1 of them in the trailer. This makes me think it is a type of secret stage that you can't normally select.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
imagine if triborg had the voice actors from the respective characters in mk9, that would be so cash. prolly not though because of variationless
Would be cool but I think NRS confirmed that he's his own character, he probably has some kind of mimic power or something that allowed him to duplicate the other cyborgs/Lin Kuei some how. Like Shujinko's ability to absorb the powers of others around him but little different.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
One thing I noticed is that I saw at least 3 completely recycled moves and several just slightly changed. Also, Leatherface appears to mimic slasher Jason's moveset somewhat.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I acually think there will definitely be more skins... Why? Because the classic arenas aren't included so that means they will drop a stage pack or something like that which means there are high chances of more costume packs.

There is no big deal, just being a sarcastic fuck, although the cutting was weird as shit skipping some parts of the trailer and it was really weird editing. Not to mention an unnecessary upload since there was already 3 videos uploaded, and 2 videos of the trailer were already in the thread, one of them being in the OP
I actually didn't do any editing haha, but my bad I will make sure not to double post in the future

LeoMK29

Noob
I believe that the Pit stage is going to work differently than any other stage. The current stage selection screen would require 4 additional stages to maintain its current display style. They aren't going to remove the ? option, so there have to be 4 new stages or the pit is going to be something like the floor pit stage in MK1 where you fight reptile. If they were adding 4 stages, they likely would've showcased more than just 1 of them in the trailer. This makes me think it is a type of secret stage that you can't normally select.
Why would they make it hard to select something you bought though? Well I guess it is NRS and they are trying to sell us some of the same content from last year, so who knows.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Everyone needs to realize that just because only the apocalyptic pack is included in the Kombat Pack, it doesn't mean those are the only skins NRS has planning. + Apocalyptic sounds amazing, especially given the characters its on.

A Net And A Dream?
Yeah but the problem is they are repackaging skin packs in this bundle. It would be even worse if they released new skins separately. They really are not rewarding loyalty.

Okay I'll admit it, they actually made Leatherface look fun to play.

New (not really, returning) stage, which is a first.

Alien has a Queen head varation, and it looks like it'll have some four legged stance attacks.

Robo-Smoke is back, yes!

Bo is back and I like him so yay.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
I agree I don't see why some people are bitching over the already released content being INCLUDED in this pack....as if everyone already bought it all? I know plenty of people who have MKX who didn't buy those costume packs. I think some people just love to bitch for the sake of bitching, nothing shady about it. I think it's actually a great bargain for those who haven't bought all those packs included in KP 2.

If anything what's shady would be those companies like ohh Capcom? Who charge for a bunch of on disc shit as DLC...now that's shady.
Because its a slap in the face to people who already bought it. People who buy KP2 and have already bought those skins and/or Goro are essentially paying twice for those things and are not getting KP2's full value. It looks shady because why release those skin packs for sale individually and then bundle them up together later. Might as well not have put em out earlier since they're fucking their customer base over now. So yes, we do have a right to bitch about it.

I really hope those aren't the only skins. The DLC characters need 2-3 more skins each (real skins, not joke/theme skins) and the new characters need more alts too.

I heard that on the pit stage, Fujin, Sindel, and two other characters will have their heads on a pit death spike. They better not do that.