What's new

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Trailer & Discussion Thread

When I first saw the KP 2 trailer, I was incredibly disappointed. Now that I'm actually getting to see the characters in action, I don't think I could be anymore excited! Leatherface looks like he'll be fun to play and watch. Tri-Borg..I honestly don't feel I need to say anything. All aboard the hype train. lol Alien is the most surprising for me. I'm not a fan of the Alien franchise (any 80's horror film if I'm being honest). But, he looks like he is going to be a fucking blast to play/watch. Bo Rai Cho I'm really still not excited for. I think the farts and puke just aren't funny, but people wanted him so It's hard to argue with his placement here. I'm very disappointed with the skins considering I already own them all. (I really wanted to support NRS in hopes of getting new skins.(robbed). Overall, it could be better. But, the characters look solid. Which is all I can really ask for.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Leatherface look sick! dunno if how many of variations were shown but i couldnt see any differences lol.

Triborg looks so so so so good, all designs look great, changing smoke to grey and red looks so much better than blue.

After being not hype at all for bo, this gameplay has changed my mind. Looks so much fun.

Alien is looking pretty sick too, alien assist breh.

The pit looks fucking amazing, best looking stage by far.
...although, paying for kp2 and theres only 1 new skin pack wtf!? give us 3 new skin packs you cunts, get that old shit out of here

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wonder now, say KP2 sells as good as KP1 or let's say dare better? Will that mean KP 3 maybe and IF so Fujin better be in it!

If say this happens, we get a KP3 and Fujin should NOT be in that pack I'll officially be convinced NRS hates Fujin for some reason lol.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I'm a bit disappointed. Triborg is the only genuinely good thing there, Alien would be second. And what's with this laziness with re-skins. Weren't they available already all but one? Weren't kold war Scorp given for free?

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Eh, I don't like that they have one new costume pack coming and then two others just to throw in there from before since no one really was going to buy them (Maybe people did but I saw the Brazilian pack costumes very rarely when online). It's great that Takeda, EB and D'Vorah get new skins though. Kinda just WB practice there but I expected something along these lines so it doesn't bother me that much. Obviously Goro and Kold War Scorp were gonna be thrown in somehow since people still may not want to pay 5 for Goro separately and what have you.

BRC still has his puking and he now farts in people's mouths... Okay. *shrug* I was hoping for more of a redesign because wasn't the main complaint was that it was hard to take him seriously? But hey, Boon was after all "dared" to put him in. I don't mind comedy relief characters too much but I always thought BRC's background made it hard to make him a joke character.

Leatherface is okay. I mean it's what we kinda expected. I imagine they'll smooth out that X-Ray animation a bit.

Tri-Borg is the clear winner of this pack, no question. All variants animate well too.

Alien definitely was given the works. I expected it and Tri-Borg to garner the most interest, and it definitely garnered mine.

The Pit is nice.

So... Yeah pretty much what I expected honestly. Still dunno if I'm gonna get it... We'll wait and see.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
That alien gameplay was fucking sexy. Also hyped for Bo' Rai Cho and Leatherface. Tri-Borg looks like he'll be a braindead character that will be annoying as fuck to fight.

Arzumis

Noob
I think those skins are a bonus to kp2. I think there will still be a costume pack with each dlc and some seperate ones too

kantboy-2

Ripper
A lot of people probably did not preorder (Goro) or bought the skins outside of the DLC content. I certainly didn't, even if I thought that Tundra SZ is the best skin in the entire game. If you bought it, then you got your money's worth. With KP2, I feel it's now worth it.

Narayan

The Edenian Assassin
All characters look great gameplay-wise but I didn't expect any less on that part. I'm even more frustrated now that they ditched Fujin and put BRC with.. his things going on. I expected them to make an actually good revamp without the disgusting stuff that only five year olds laugh with. Anyway, not gonna buy any of the content but I gotta give it to them for making the gameplay of all of them so cool, especially the cyborgs

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Also, inb4 Sektor's missles whiff on all the females :DOGE
Oh god. If these characters release with broken moves . . . I just don't know man.
It's mind boggling how people are so misinformed saying Leatherface seems like Jason. They really don't, if at all.

But people always gotta find something to complain about :rolleyes:
Why don't you get a Jason-esqe feel from Leatherface. I see heavy swinging movements and EX moves for bloody canned animations to fit in some reference or whatever. Fast/lunging horizontal moves. Looking to have simple pop up combos.