What's new

MKX Gameplay trailer coming "Soon, soon, soon!", says Boon

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I hope they don't revamp the movelists.

Maybe add to, or better balance, but I don't want to go in an Johnny Cage is a completely different character move/combo-wise.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Everyones perception of what fits is different though

I suppose, the vid you posted I could get by with honestly.

You seem to be putting words in my mouth, dude, because my claim wasn't that the games/series couldn't have a serious tone because it was unrealistic or fictional.

If you got that bullshit out of one sentence and a list you're either over thinking or you're making things up.

My point was that a game's tone could never be truly serious with a list of ridiculous and goofy things like that.

Learn to read and/or comprehend.
My reading comprehension is fine, thank you. Perhaps you should not make false assumptions next time about a comment I make. How am I putting words in your mouth dude? I'm merely just going by what I see. It sounded like you were saying "MK can't be real" which I took as you thinking I said "MK is real and serious" I don't know what you thought I meant but I was merely talking about the "dark, serious game tone" of the series. Obviously every video game is unrealistic except maybe sports games and even they're not entirely realistic. I'm saying for a fighting game with martial art stances, blood, messed up clothing, blood on clothes MK in that regard is very realistic unlike past MK's or other fighters where you beat the hell out of each other and not a spec of blood anywhere...referring to elements like that.

No offense but I think you just misunderstood my initial point slightly. I will just disagree with you on the "it can't be serious cause of goofy things" those goofy things you posted are subjective, and two I don't care what anyone says if you compare MK to other fighting games, it's DEAD serious. Period. Cage may be the comic relief of the series but outside of him what was funny or goofy about MK 9? Nothing. MK was only the reason the ESRB system came into place, has caused loads of controversy over the years, been BANNED in certain countries...yeah "goofy" my ass.

The way you worded it clearly sounds like you were comparing MK to real life. Not what I said. Every game now days has some "realistic" elements to it but overall it's obviously fiction. Still, given as how that spawned from the music opinion, while it's just my opinion a hell of a lot more people happen to agree than disagree. All I'm going to say, just read the damn comments all around the net.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Noob
I think it's because that person hates that he went on to make MK vs DC and INJUSTICE instead of other MK games.
you know what then get over it and move on and the enjoy games aleast did mkvsdc suck yes it did but doesnt mean you bash someone for it they wanted to try something didfent and see if people like it

you know what then get over it and move on and the enjoy games aleast did mkvsdc suck yes it did but doesnt mean you bash someone for it they wanted to try something didfent and see if people like it
Yeah but that's the world for ya. I wasn't the biggest INJUSTICE fan out there, but I wouldn't make a video like this.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
it's fine, off they will show demo at least with 4 characters at E3. But someone can ask Boon to lets us play at least DEMO from this summer ? i am so hype, that i can play the demo like the real game until the realize
Demo will be played at a very high level in just a few weeks by top players lol. Imagine 4 char tournaments... Would probably get more players than Inj:DOGE

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I hope they don't revamp the movelists.

Maybe add to, or better balance, but I don't want to go in an Johnny Cage is a completely different character move/combo-wise.
It looks very much like we're gonna start from scratch on characters. I heard something about a new fighting engine in there. If it is then I can't see them retaining the previous moves. Maybe some trademark normals or strings will make it but I see most of it disappearing.